RBR Povetkin vs Whyte 2 DAZN March 27th

Like the look of the first two

It'd be hilarious if Whyte gets KO'd again after dominating Povetkin in the rematch

Rematch clause should be void if a fighter either gets dominated or gets viciously ko’d.
Yeah I agree with this. Never heard of a contract like that though.

Also probably one sided clauses, maybe.
Povetkin looks that appeard not enough old in this fight.
We also will have A.J vs Pulev, I will not watch this of course.
Instead to put these top 4-5 guys each vs another? Boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess Pov being older and more shopworn is a little less obvious now in rematch, that's not a good KO to come back prematurely from, playing field will be a little more even or tilted in Pov's favor than last time out, I have a feeling an educated uppercut like his finds it's home on Whytes chin even faster. Fight cant not be interesting, might as well get paydays off that intigue, even if immediately seems ridiculous. For all we know one or both want as many paydays as possible before hanging them up, Pov is up there in n age, he could have threatened retirement unless Whyte was willing to rematch this quickly and like some have said Hearn desperate to erase history here, deem it a fluke. You never know. I like Whyte in rematch IF he had been allowed time to recover, but he likely sees the canvas again though on this date.

Pov was amateur world champ and Olympic champ, decent pro resume, very impressive fighter.
For me looks that these fights more are needed for eddie and Whyte than for Pov.
Pov looks out of prime for couple of last years.
Yeah, he might bang liver and ribs too, not only head/ chin and it does not looks nice opportunity for Whyte.
After such bangup guy usually does not use gym with full force approx month or more, not to talk about pre fight camp. There: fast rematch.
He ofc does have chance to win but lost fight with KO will impact his image, especially because Pov after week turned 41. What he might be able to do with 31 years old Pov in the ring?

Conor Benn faces the toughest test of his career on Saturday November 21 when he clashes with former IBO Welterweight World Champion Sebastian Formella on the Alexander Povetkin vs. Dillian Whyte 2 undercard, shown live on Sky Sports Box Office in the UK.

Really hoping Conor can step up and get the win.....he is my favourite fighter as he is very local to me

Really hoping Conor can step up and get the win.....he is my favourite fighter as he is very local to me

im a big fan of his as well, partly cuz of who his old man is, but mainly because he’s a fckin great fighter to watch. I just don’t see him making that step up with the way he fights. He’s way too easy to hit. He has his dads heart, mentality and aggression, but not his power. His old mans style ain’t gonna work for him against the best fighters

He is still young though. I’d love to be proven wrong.

im a big fan of his as well, partly cuz of who his old man is, but mainly because he’s a fckin great fighter to watch. I just don’t see him making that step up with the way he fights. He’s way too easy to hit. He has his dads heart, mentality and aggression, but not his power. His old mans style ain’t gonna work for him against the best fighters

He is still young though. I’d love to be proven wrong.
I tend to agree but my heart rules my head with him so I always hope he can win

I wonder if Povetkin will be more aggressive and try to get Whyte out quickly or if hell look to repeat exploiting an opening.

It will be a fun one. If Usyk cock blocks Joshua from a Fury fight the winner of this should get a shot at Fury.

I don't know who to go with this one.
It depends more on Whyte than Povetkin to me on where his head is at.

Not a bad line-up. I'm putting my money on Povetkin to repeat the victory & get Whyte out of there.
If Pov was the same age as Whyte, he definitely KOed Whyte in rematch.
Now he is x years out of prime, had been told that he was ill with covid and 2 times placed in hospital.

I really do not have clue why eddie needed Whyte vs Povetkin.
If I'm not wrong, Whyte before first fight had been ranked higher than Mr. Povetkin.
Now he is ranked lower than Povetkin.
I think they might be capable to get him tittle shot without fighting vs Povetkin. Before fight with Povetkin happened I think yes.
Unless for shake of business if he is not able to beat Fury or A.J, better gave him 40-41 y.o Povetkin and sell these fights.

I'm going with Povetkin just to irk @RDL81 ...
However, Whyte could easily stop or beat Povetkin based off of him kicking is ass up until he got his lights put out. Pickem fight to me.

I'm going with Povetkin just to irk @RDL81 ...
However, Whyte could easily stop or beat Povetkin based off of him kicking is ass up until he got his lights put out. Pickem fight to me.
Makes sense as you wouldn’t want you man wilder to get another beat down from Brit AF41CE2D-F7F2-4D83-B15A-52EAB908DCB8.jpeg

Back