RBR Povetkin vs Whyte 2 DAZN March 27th

How is it that an old guy like Povetkin can get back in the ring 3 months after a tough fight, but some of these younger guys only fight once a year?
$$$ and potential big $ fight that another win would secure.

I don’t like either of them getting back in there that soon. 6 month break would probably have been better for both , both took damage

not to mention he had done PEDs for so long his natural recovery time is now heightened. (Sarcasm)

I think it's a bit soon given the way he was put out. I'd have concerns about his health. And he (Whyte) would have to box really safe and I don't know if he has it in him to do an AJ.

I think it's a bit soon given the way he was put out. I'd have concerns about his health. And he (Whyte) would have to box really safe and I don't know if he has it in him to do an AJ.
I think he is a safer boxer than he used to be the old whyte would have tried to finish it after the first knock down he was definitely more cautious. Question is will the knockdown make him go back to looking for quick KO or make him more cautious I am not sure

I think he is a safer boxer than he used to be the old whyte would have tried to finish it after the first knock down he was definitely more cautious. Question is will the knockdown make him go back to looking for quick KO or make him more cautious I am not sure
Yeah true he's a bit more cerebral. But I just doubt he could go the full 180 that he'd need to stop from getting hit with those uppercuts. I don't know if he has the ability of AJ to reinvent himself.

Yeah true he's a bit more cerebral. But I just doubt he could go the full 180 that he'd need to stop from getting hit with those uppercuts. I don't know if he has the ability of AJ to reinvent himself.
I don’t think he can do that either not a full 180 but povetkin looked like he was struggling until the KO so I expect whyte to push a little harder when he has him hurt and be more careful. I worry about the trainer situation with whyte so need to see what happens with that as well

Whyte's mental fortitude--or potential lack of it--is the difference in this one.

With the success Whyte was having in the fight I think it makes sense. I did for once feel for the guy.
Nah, Povetkin was investing heavily in the body early on and it paid off which means the ko went as planned.

Seems quick given Povetkin's age and Whyte having his entire central nervous system shutdown in an instant, but I'll watch after the last one.

Povetkin may come in head hunting which may give Whyte enough time to get to the bell for the decision win. Though I don't see Whyte beating the big three at the moment.

Not a fan of immediate rematches when the first fight was a definitive KO. It just comes off more like "The first fight screwed up our plans, so we'll get an immediate rematch to erase the first fight and continue on with our plan." Whyte got KTFO. Give Povetkin the big money fight.

Not a fan of immediate rematches when the first fight was a definitive KO. It just comes off more like "The first fight screwed up our plans, so we'll get an immediate rematch to erase the first fight and continue on with our plan." Whyte got KTFO. Give Povetkin the big money fight.
<mma4>

What big money fight are your referring too?

Can’t say it won’t be interesting.

To be honest I don’t like seeing a rematch after a KO. Thing is Whyte has already earned a title shot in a lot of fans eyes and only took this to stay busy rather than wait for his shot when it finally comes around. Rematch clause made sense to protect himself and a potential title shot.

Whyte should have believes he can win a rematch and I don’t see why he would doubt himself. That uppercut would knock 99% of fighters out. He got caught in a fight he was winning.

expect him to get the KO win this time. Povetkin is old and slow now. He is very hittable. Solid enough all round boxer but his speed has left hims.

Back