Povetkin has skills that the other HWs don't have. It's only a matter of time before he's champ

cuban23

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

drug abuse aside, he's the most skilled HW.

Is "skills" Russian street talk for PEDs?

Povetkin and Luis Ortiz are 40 years old. They are done.

Exceptionally skilled fighters don't put on the pathetic display he did against Wlad. Regardless, he's anathema, now.

Exceptionally skilled fighters don't put on the pathetic display he did against Wlad. Regardless, he's anathema, now.
If memory serves right, everybody looked pathetic against prime wlad. kinda hard not to when he's camping on ur back...

I think he's all right but he's sort of a one trick pony. He couldn't adjust to Wladmir at all. He looked lack luster when he fought Huck too. I think his style works against guys who are there to be hit. I think Wilder and Joshua would both smack him around.

Times his problem now, not helped by his extra needle skills.

haye shits all over him from any point of veiw

The drug-talk & the massive looming elephant in the room of what Haye has left in the locker aside, I've always thought this.

Haye has made a career out of smashing up strong, short, walk-in pressure fighters, & I've always thought he'd do it to Povetkin, too.

The fight with Wlad was a disgrace.

Wlad landed 139 punches, but clinched over 180 times.

The fight with Wlad was a disgrace.

Wlad landed 139 punches, but clinched over 180 times.
Clinching is part of the sport. Having no answer for it means you have a hole in your game.

Clinching is part of the sport. Having no answer for it means you have a hole in your game.
Clinching 180 times in a fight is holding which is illegal just like PED's. The referee should have penalised Wlad for doing it. If anything it points to a hole in the game of the referee. I don't get why you are so against Povetkin for cheating by using PED's but not against Wlad for excessive holding which is also cheating.

Yes, however, clinching excessively is a foul; as the referee deducted points (eventually) for this infringement in this fight, casting clinching as merely "part of the sport" is invalid (particularly as every single report of the fight takes the time to admonish Pabon for his leniency in punishing the employment of this "tactic").

As we've established that what Wlad was doing was illegal (i.e., the ref warned him multiple times & eventually deducted points), could we extrapolate that you consider other fouls "part of the sport..."?

Does not liking being punched repeatedly in the nuts also mean "you have a hole in your game"?

Or does the infringement in question just have to be one that is repeatedly indulged in by fighters you admire? Apologies if this conclusion seems to take an overly personal slant, but you're the first person I've ever met who talked about Wladdy's octopus impression (something he did every time a fighter got inside) in anything other than dismissive terms.

Clinching 180 times in a fight is holding which is illegal just like PED's. The referee should have penalised Wlad for doing it. If anything it points to a hole in the game of the referee. I don't get why you are so against Povetkin for cheating by using PED's but not against Wlad for excessive holding which is also cheating.

I don't mean to defend Seano here, but holding excessively is not the same as PED abuse.

One's a foul, one's being a fuckhead irresponsible cunt who by his actions is undermining the whole basis—the whole point—of any combat sport: that it should be a fair fight (in whatever definition of "fair" we're working with here, which when it comes to combat sports is always gonna be a pretty fucked-up definition, anyways, but whatever...).

Back