Opinion POTWR 2019 Vol 19: What's Your Favorite Conspiracy Theory?

Which CT do you find most interesting?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As per Dave McGowan’s “Weird Scenes Inside the Canyon “?
Was following him before the book when he was posting this crazy shit online. The book kind of sucks like most of his books but the build up was interesting. RIP

Not sure if accurate but I like it.
You have a different perspective on conspiracy theories and that became clear to me this week.

What you havev a problem with, and rightfully so, is conspiracy theories used politically to foster distrust in the other party.

I had never thought of this angle but watching the Trump Defense Team in action it was clear to me.

The conspiracy theories I delve into are usually the ones of the dispossessed.

The CIA is running crack etc.

Turns out to be true. The Politics of Heroin preceeded the crack epidemic and McCoy is a tenured professor. Its all right there. Not even disputed.

But before it became common knowledge, it was a conspiracy theory.

My point is we have to be careful labeling true crimes as conspiracies when further investigation is called for.

Like Epstein......

Was following him before the book when he was posting this crazy shit online. The book kind of sucks like most of his books but the build up was interesting. RIP
Pretty much my story also.

Pretty much my story also.
It's a shame the people who have spent time unraveling these threads, be they true or not (I could argue both sides) are either dead or nuts (looking at you Jan Irvin [a name that should come up more amongst conspiracy discussions])

The Franklin Scandal got me down a rabbit hole. Terrible, soul crushing subject matter.

You have a different perspective on conspiracy theories and that became clear to me this week.

What you havev a problem with, and rightfully so, is conspiracy theories used politically to foster distrust in the other party.

I had never thought of this angle but watching the Trump Defense Team in action it was clear to me.

The conspiracy theories I delve into are usually the ones of the dispossessed.

The CIA is running crack etc.

Turns out to be true. The Politics of Heroin preceeded the crack epidemic and McCoy is a tenured professor. Its all right there. Not even disputed.

But before it became common knowledge, it was a conspiracy theory.

My point is we have to be careful labeling true crimes as conspiracies when further investigation is called for.

Like Epstein......
Plenty of thoughts but little time r.n. solid post desrv rd reply

Nobody was ever charged in regard to the ring, despite massive evidence, so I’m not exactly sure what you mean?

Why was no one charged, despite massive evidence?

Most definitely not a conspiracy

Spend some time in the PR world and its tributaries you'll have a much more solid understanding

If you dont have time to read you can get a decent intro from Adam Curtis' Century of the Self
That is a good suggestion.

I saw the Century of Self on BBC some years ago.

About Edward Bernays and the power of mass-psychology.

How those that worked with war propaganda in WW2 used their knowledge to change the consumer market, from what we need to what we should desire.

How to manipulate and control us by our subconscious mind.

That is a good suggestion.

I saw the Century of Self on BBC some years ago.

About Edward Bernays and the power of mass-psychology.

How those that worked with war propaganda in WW2 used their knowledge to change the consumer market, from what we need to what we should desire.

How to manipulate and control us by our subconscious mind.

I owe you one man. I looked up that Century of Self you just mentioned, and found an army of docs that release every few years by the filmmaker. Gonna get some good watches out of these. Starting today!

Leave it to a mod to come and blame the Jews in order to lock the thread down :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back