Opinion POTWR 2019 Vol 19: What's Your Favorite Conspiracy Theory?

Which CT do you find most interesting?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching for the "one" who will defeat machines isn't a satisfactory explanation.

Wow you guys are letting me down today. How can yall not be up on that Matrix in a conspiracy thread??? Wowww. Epic fail lol. Epic, epic fail.

Wow you guys are letting me down today. How can yall not be up on that Matrix in a conspiracy thread??? Wowww. Epic fail lol. Epic, epic fail.

giphy.gif

Some of us are naturally kookoo and don't need any help from Hellywood

yea, The Doors put on quite the show.
the one outside at the Ice Rink in Central Park was especially cool.
Quicksilver Messenger Service opened for them.
soo much pot smoke and jug wine.
How old were you when you saw them? Just once?

I'm kind of ducking it at this point. I think I already see the world the way the movie paints it (atleast, what I know of the movie)
Itll seem obvious and pedestrian to you at this point. Kind of did to me at the time but Fishburne made it respectable.

The simulation thing, I don't think we can take seriously when we consider the very small things. Take just the phenomenon of rust. The oxidation and its patterns, the transformation of metal into brittle flakes, the details of pitting. That's simulated, really? That's just one of millions of similar processes and most of them are so small we can't see them without tools. The thrown-together patchwork of evolution is a sim? Strains credulity. Those are comments on the physical unreality of the idea.

The "mathematical" idea (there are more simulated universes than real ones, so it's unlikely ours is real) is actually just offensive. It's not really different from saying that there are infinite possible configurations of a human, and therefore it's more likely that you're not who you are, so your disembodied consciousness is inhabiting a different body from your own.

For me that is probably the least interesting CT, though an interesting CT could be that there is an effort to get people to believe we're living in a simulation, in order to manipulate them.
Pffffttt.

Rust etc is just part of the simulation. Periodic table = code

History is written by the winners.

Conspiracy theories are written by the losers.

There is truth and non truths in both.

How old were you when you saw them? Just once?
First time 15. Saw them again after Jimbo died. Ray tried to handle the vocals and did surprisingly well, but it just wasn't the same.
They did a limited tour and disbanded.

First time 15. Saw them again after Jimbo died. Ray tried to handle the vocals and did surprisingly well, but it just wasn't the same.
They did a limited tour and disbanded.
Fuckin A man.

I was 13 when I saw the Dead Dylan and Petty in DC in '86. Funny, when I saw them I thought I had missed the boat. In retrospect I caught them mid stream.

Doesnt compare to seeing the Doors live though.

When i think about what makes a song, what makes a sound, what makes a band, the Doors had the pieces.

At the time, since we are in a conspiracy thread, was it common knowledge his father had been the commander of the naval forces involved in the Gulf of Tonkin incident?

uh yea, his family history was common knowledge after the famous, or infamous, live gig he did with his parents in the audience and his rendition of
The End:
He walked on down the hall, and
And he came to a door
And he looked inside
"Father?" "Yes, son?" "I want to kill you"
"Mother? I want to..."

at which point Jim screamed into the mic "I want to FUCK YOU!!"
oh my, the scandal.
the shame.
but that was him.
pushing the boundaries and then breaking them.

his old man basically disowned him after that event.
coupled with his Florida antics, he went from hero to pariah almost overnight.
then came heroin and the rest is just a sad litany of failure and death.

uh yea, his family history was common knowledge after the famous, or infamous, live gig he did with his parents in the audience and his rendition of
The End:
He walked on down the hall, and
And he came to a door
And he looked inside
"Father?" "Yes, son?" "I want to kill you"
"Mother? I want to..."

at which point Jim screamed into the mic "I want to FUCK YOU!!"
oh my, the scandal.
the shame.
but that was him.
pushing the boundaries and then breaking them.

his old man basically disowned him after that event.
coupled with his Florida antics, he went from hero to pariah almost overnight.
then came heroin and the rest is just a sad litany of failure and death.
Had no idea his parents ever attended a show or he sang that to them.

Fucking crazy.

Obviously, my favorite conspiracy is the intelligence agencies (the "them") created the counter culture to infiltrate and delegitimize the anti war movement.

Usually too embarrassed to talk about this but today is house cleaning day for me and I started drinking at noon. Feeling bold.

What do you think?

drinking at NOON!?
egad

yea who knows. one of my other favorites is that mark david chapman was somehow brainwashed by the CIA to kill John Lennon, due to his subversive
tendencies and his enormous wealth that would help facilitate his actions in that political direction.
the readings on this guy and the whole event are fascinating, not the least of which the 'assasination book' as it came to be known, The Catcher in the Rye.
Hinckley, who attempted to kill Ronald Reagan had the book in his possession when apprehended and even L.H. Oswald was said to have read it many times and
held it as a paragon of behavior.
CIA/FBI, Shadow Government forces who knows, same M.O. using the same immersion/coercion techniques. makes you wonder.

I like the theory that there is an entire society living INSIDE the Earth, unbeknownst to us.
*too much Ancient Aliens on my part admittedly

drinking at NOON!?
egad

yea who knows. one of my other favorites is that mark david chapman was somehow brainwashed by the CIA to kill John Lennon, due to his subversive
tendencies and his enormous wealth that would help facilitate his actions in that political direction.
the readings on this guy and the whole event are fascinating, not the least of which the 'assasination book' as it came to be known, The Catcher in the Rye.
Hinckley, who attempted to kill Ronald Reagan had the book in his possession when apprehended and even L.H. Oswald was said to have read it many times and
held it as a paragon of behavior.
CIA/FBI, Shadow Government forces who knows, same M.O. using the same immersion/coercion techniques. makes you wonder.
Don’t forget Sirhan Sirhan!

Had no idea his parents ever attended a show or he sang that to them.

Fucking crazy.

Obviously, my favorite conspiracy is the intelligence agencies (the "them") created the counter culture to infiltrate and delegitimize the anti war movement.

Usually too embarrassed to talk about this but today is house cleaning day for me and I started drinking at noon. Feeling bold.

What do you think?
As per Dave McGowan’s “Weird Scenes Inside the Canyon “?

ah yes, Sirhan Bishara Sirhan the assassin with 'no memory' of the act.
the mystery woman who led him into the pantry and said, "drink this" right before the shooting.
and was later purportedly heard to shout "We did it!" before scampering away into oblivion.

it's not uncommon for violent offenders to claim 'not remembering' their actions.
sometimes referred to as 'organic amnesia' or 'dissociative amnesia', the trauma of the event
can cause a momentary lapse in recognition and memory.
or they're just lying in the hopes they can get off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back