Opinion POTWR 2019 Vol 19: What's Your Favorite Conspiracy Theory?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Cubo de Sangre, Oct 7, 2019.

?

Which CT do you find most interesting?

1. JFK

7.7%
  2. Moon Landing

7.7%
  3. Flat Earth

5.1%
  4. Pizza Gate

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 9/11

15.4%
  6. New World Order

12.8%
  7. Alien Contact

15.4%
  8. Global Warming

5.1%
  9. Vaccinations

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Chemtrails

2.6%
  11. FEMA Camps

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Pearl Harbor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Bigfoot

2.6%
  14. Other

25.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bootsy

bootsy and elsewhere

I think the JFK assassination was a conspiracy, and 9/11 was definitely a conspiracy by definition.
    I’ve always been most intrigued by the alien/ UFO conspiracies.

Fugazy and Cubo de Sangre like this.
  2. Higus

Higus Gold Belt

[​IMG]

Fawlty and Jack V Savage like this.
  3. lilelvis

lilelvis Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

[​IMG]

4. SIRGAY HARITONOB!

SIRGAY HARITONOB! RED ARMY BELT

Flat Earth is the greatest and best conspiracy theory of all time.

The lengths globetards will go in a seething rage to defend something they cant prove (spinning water ball) is truly incredible.

5. surrealworlds

surrealworlds <-----Jaime Koeppe----you're welcome

My favorite CT is flat Earth because it is so unbelievably stupid and yet people truly believe it. Amazing.

Cubo de Sangre likes this.
  6. HomeCheese

HomeCheese Brown Belt

Thats why he posted the pics of the messages. The facts point to something other than the official story or at least seem to.

7. HomeCheese

HomeCheese Brown Belt

To me the interesting CT with MSM is they are actually the opposite of liberal. After all, these are huge multinational corporations, they want to keep the status quo. The media is like the magician, "hey look at this over here." while what's really happening and the things that are really impactful are over looked.

This CT hold some weight, liberal media is a false narrative INHO. For example; giving everyone healthcare in the richest country in the world is not a "liberal" idea, is being humane.

8. trident

trident Water Belt

9. HomeCheese

HomeCheese Brown Belt

I find the CT with the killing of Bin Laden to be really interesting. Seymour Hersh wrote about what he believes happened and his set of facts make much more sense than the official story. Further, Hersh has proved so reliable with his reporting in the past it's hard to doubt him.

So if you accept his version of the facts then you need to accept that the government has an elaborate and sophisticated misinformation apparatus. Kinda scary actually.

Son of Jamin and Cubo de Sangre like this.
  10. Jack V Savage

Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog

I don't think there are or would be any big stories that get ignored. The incentives are there to address that. And to the extent that there is a bias, it's not a WR-style, deliberately false, partisan thing.

Related to the liberal media CT is that a lot of kooky belief systems (like Austrianism or Creationism) imply CTs, even though they themselves aren't. Like, if there's any validity to them, and especially if they are obviously true as some adherents believe, why are they nearly universally rejected by people who study the related fields?

11. HomeCheese

HomeCheese Brown Belt

By incentives I assume you mean those stories that sell and make money? How much ink is devoted to rich people trying to get their kids into college or how big Trumps inauguration crowed was. Do these stories matter? Not saying stories would be ignored, like everything else, it's more subtle than that.

I think you can look at the term "liberal media" as a tool to make mainstream ideas seem extreme.

12. Jack V Savage

Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog

Directly make money, plus win awards, etc. Big stories don't get ignored (though it might take them some time to get uncovered). And, sure, stories that are not big but that attract more attention also get covered. I'm not saying that there's a perfect relationship between the importance of a story and how heavily covered it is; just that important stuff also gets covered.

Can you elaborate on this?

13. VivaRevolution

VivaRevolution Whoopin' Belt Platinum Member

That seems like a pretty legit CT. I think they are suppressing that we are in a cyber world war right now, because people would demand a roll back of many automated systems.

14. VivaRevolution

My favorite all time CT, is when I heard black people in the late 90's talk about how your TV, and dishwasher were going to watch you.

That shit sounded crazy as fuck.

15. HomeCheese

HomeCheese Brown Belt

Health insurance for all is not a liberal idea to me but it's portrayed as an extremist opinion. I think the military spending and our military deployments are way under reported. Election financing, the roll of PAC's and other groups and political lobbying would also seen way under reported to me.

16. HomeCheese

HomeCheese Brown Belt

I agree, there is no reasonable explanation for why the messages would be different or why it would take nearly 40 minutes to send out that it was a false warning. Unless they lost control of the system. I suspect a foreign government rather than a hacker as a hacker would have taken credit for it. Or, the US government may have been victim of a cyber ransom attack.

Regardless, if you believe the CT then you need to believe the government has a pretty good misinformation department. This is what I keep coming back to with CT's.

They are fun to scratch your head and think about.

17. VivaRevolution

I think anti-CT folk lack imagination. They see the world how they would order it, without risk takers, and gaming.

I think CT folk tend to see things as, 'this is what I would do'.

Fugazy and Cubo de Sangre like this.
  18. HomeCheese

HomeCheese Brown Belt

I hear you but I also have to remind myself: Part of me loves to believe in a CT because it makes me feel smarter than everybody who believe the "official" story.

MusterX and Cubo de Sangre like this.
  19. VivaRevolution

I think I'm a bit different on that. I don't really have any belief that what I view as most likely proves anything about me.

Of course that does seem to be a difference between me and the average CT'er. I don't really believe in any CT, I just find some more likely than others.

20. HomeCheese

HomeCheese Brown Belt

Absolutely, that's what makes CT's so fun. There is rarely any real proof or a way for an average person to know for certain one way or another. This why it's a theory.

As for the missile warning CT, it just makes way more sense it was a hack of some sort. There was a civil defense CEO briefing two months before and one of the PP slides showed what warning would be sent out in the event of an attack. The pic in the first post in the thread shows that slide.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.