Opinion POTWR 2019 Vol 19: What's Your Favorite Conspiracy Theory?

Which CT do you find most interesting?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave it to a mod to come and blame the Jews in order to lock the thread down :rolleyes:

While Ray Novosel is certainly the stereotypical antisemitic CTer, that's far from the extent of his theory (you need to click the picture).

That is a good suggestion.

I saw the Century of Self on BBC some years ago.

About Edward Bernays and the power of mass-psychology.

How those that worked with war propaganda in WW2 used their knowledge to change the consumer market, from what we need to what we should desire.

How to manipulate and control us by our subconscious mind.
Precisely.

Bernays was THE man of the 20th century imo. And his relation to Freud introduced these ideas to him at a very early age.

It's been awhile since I have dug through those pages but its fascinating.

It's pretty shitty too.

Mother of God.....

Another contender for me would be Stan Deyo, although I haven't read his for a couple of decades and I've got my doubts whether UFO CTs still stand up in the 2010s.
Especially with the availability of obscure information at the click of a finger these days. Seems very much a product of the 60s-70s.
He does the whole project blue beam, repressed technology, weather warfare, NWO, former illuminati recruit thing.
Warped my world for a few weeks when I read The Cosmic Conspiracy as a 10 year old.

The main players were well protected. High level officials in law enforcement, clergy and media were accused (and likely compromised).
The victims were mostly children who were marginalized and easily discredited.
I would highly recommend this book.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/726441.The_Franklin_Scandal

Are you sure you're ready to go down that rabbit hole bro?

I'm watching these Adam Curtis Docs starting with the Century of Self that Jasmin recommended, but when I finish it I'll look into this. Seems very interesting, to say the least.

Mind numbing flat earth debate on Sam Tripoli s show today.

Did you all know Dinosaurs are not real? I didnt.

I forgot a good one that I became aware of recently:

@Lead is/was PositiveBalance

CT used to be that our media was a propaganda machine used to control us. Pretty sure that one has proven itself true.

CT used to be that our media was a propaganda machine used to control us. Pretty sure that one has proven itself true.
Least of all by their consistent employment of the term.....

Here is a new one and some pretty good circumstantial evidence, Trump is making false statements to manipulate markets and timing others off with insider info.

Fun article on what is going on:

"In the last 10 minutes of trading at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange on Friday, September 13, someone got very lucky. That’s when he or she, or a group of people, sold short 120,000 “S&P e-minis”—electronically traded futures contracts linked to the Standard & Poor’s 500 stock index—when the index was trading around 3010. The time was 3:50 p.m. in New York; it was nearing midnight in Tehran. A few hours later, drones attacked a large swath of Saudi Arabia’s oil infrastructure, choking off production in the country and sending oil prices soaring. By the time the CME next opened, for pretrading on Sunday night, the S&P index had fallen 30 points, giving that very fortunate trader, or traders, a quick $180 million profit."

Lots more examples of this type of trades and how misstatements by Trump swayed markets markets for more suspicious trades.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/10/the-mystery-of-the-trump-chaos-trades

This article makes our democracy look like a joke.

Here is a new one and some pretty good circumstantial evidence, Trump is making false statements to manipulate markets and timing others off with insider info.

"In the last 10 minutes of trading at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange on Friday, September 13, someone got very lucky. That’s when he or she, or a group of people, sold short 120,000 “S&P e-minis”—electronically traded futures contracts linked to the Standard & Poor’s 500 stock index—when the index was trading around 3010. The time was 3:50 p.m. in New York; it was nearing midnight in Tehran. A few hours later, drones attacked a large swath of Saudi Arabia’s oil infrastructure, choking off production in the country and sending oil prices soaring. By the time the CME next opened, for pretrading on Sunday night, the S&P index had fallen 30 points, giving that very fortunate trader, or traders, a quick $180 million profit."

Lots more examples of this type of trades and how misstatements by Trump swayed markets markets for more suspicious trades.

Let's string some motherfuckers up.

Let's string some motherfuckers up.

I'm almost certain that VF fucked up here. I'll look into it later (or see if anyone else already has), but it looks like the writer doesn't know what he's talking about.

Is this any surprise? Trump is doing exactly what a president is supposed to do - SELL. Trump could be serving us a shit sandwich, but it would be THE BEST shit sandwich ever. He exaggerates all positives, and minimizes any negatives. You have to be a complete moron or CNN to take every word of his as gospel. I'm as big a Trump fan as you will find btw.

Until they make it illegal for politicians to conduct insider trading, this shit will go on and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back