Opinion POTWR 2019 Vol 18: Post Your Favorite Works Of Art

If you could be the world's greatest, which medium of expression would you choose?

• Total voters

Cubo de Sangre

F65
@plutonium
Reaction score
Greetings War Room Sherbros,

Welcome to the next installment of the Presidential sticky-threads. Let's take this week to appreciate various forms of art. Whether it's painting, sculpture, music, cinema, etc., we all like something. Show us your favorite pieces or particular artists.

There's no one personal favorite by him, but to me Dali is the GOAT with a brush.

Salvador-Dali-Famous-Paintings-Featured.jpg

Can't say I much give a shit about sculpture, but seeing the statue of David in person was so profound that it made me wonder if there really is a God.

95cef9365a086160d6164a49801d2f08.jpg

Similarly spiritual, there's something about Amazing Grace on the pipes. The sound of loss and mourning, with a sense of hope peeking through the clouds.

Cheers,

Cubo

PS. Due to unforeseen time constraints, the remaining threads will be up for one week instead of two.

***This is an ongoing series of sticky-threads that will take on various topics in varying ways. If you're interested in leading a discussion on something please take a look at this thread and then send me a PM with your ideas.

POTWR 2019 Vol 1: Shots Fired! Examining Police Shootings In America
POTWR 2019 Vol 2: Happy Happy Joy Joy
POTWR 2019 Vol 3: Examining Opioid Addiction In America
POTWR 2019 Vol 4: Repeal Or Respect The 2nd Amendment?
POTWR 2019 Vol 5: Based On Known Facts, Would You Remove Trump From Office?
POTWR 2019 Vol 6: Internet Security Basics
POTWR 2019 Vol 7: Change My Mind That The Word "Platform" Is Orwellian
POTWR 2019 Vol 8: Should The Right To Keep And Bear Arms Be An International Human Right?
POTWR 2019 Vol 9: Is Social Media Access Damaging To Our Youth?

POTWR 2019 Vol 10: What Do You Like About The War Room And What Would You Change?
POTWR 2019 Vol 11: Can We All Test For Ourselves That The Earth Is Round?

POTWR 2019 Vol 12: What Role Should Schools Play In Raising Our Children?

POTWR 2019 Vol 13: Why Not Support The Military Industrial Complex?
POTWR 2019 Vol 14: Was The Unabomber Also The Zodiac And Tylenol Killers?

POTWR 2019 Vol 15: Post Your Favorite Politically Incorrect Comedy Clips Or Jokes
POTWR 2019 Vol 16: What Will You Bring To The War Room BBQ?
POTWR 2019 Vol 17: Do Environmental Concerns Add Urgency To Legalizing Marijuana?

Seems like the WR BBQ is just bait to educate us peasants in art workshops and seminars.

lol @ whoever chooses to be the world's greatest photographer.

If I could, I'd want to figure among the best guitarists in history.

John McLaughlin is a good example.
For my guitar tone, though, I mimic the vibrato and tone that Shankar gets on his double neck violin.

Evgraf_Semenovich_Sorokin_-_Ian_Usmovets_Stopping_an_Angry_Bull.jpg

Ian Usmovets Stopping an Angry Bull
by Evgraf Semenovich Sorokin

My absolute favorite painting.

I'd want to be world's best pianist.

Music
Then Film
Then Comedy
Then Dance

If I could be any type of famous, it would be for literature.
But my favorite type of art is paintings. I'm currently in to Expressionism and Abstract Expressionism. Seeing a Pollock or a Rothko painting in person is amazing. A .jpeg doesn't do it justice.

My favorite pieces in the Seattle Art Museum (SAM)
Music, Pink and Blue 1 by Georgia O'Keffe
173.jpg

#10 by Mark Rothko
literal%3Aresize%3Aformat%3Dpreview

Sea Change by Jackson Pollock
large.jpg

Last edited:
Hands down sculptor.

Sculpting because the old masters did things that most, if not all modern artists wouldn't even attempt unless they were offered a shit ton of money and a guarantee if they fucked up it wouldn't count against them.

Michelangelo sculpted the Pieta out of one single piece of granite. He completed the sculpture in about 18 months between 1498-99. That in itself is outrageous considering the piece is 6 feet wide and over 5 feet tall. He had to do this with a hammer and chisel folks. The level of detail, considering the medium, is ridiculous. Just look at the folds in the shroud at the bottom alone.

20101110-Pieta1a-Sq.JPG

I will post some of my favorite art later, but re: the poll, it was very difficult to choose just one. But since I had to, music had to be it. It touches the soul in a way no other art can, IMO.

Sculpting because the old masters did things that most, if not all modern artists wouldn't even attempt unless they were offered a shit ton of money and a guarantee if they fucked up it wouldn't count against them.
I think you underestimate the role of patrons in Renaissance art. Michelangelo was well paid for his art by the times standards.

I wouldnt want to be an artist, let alone a famous one. Having people 100, 300 years from now trying to figure out what I was all about to try and interpret my work more closely? Yah, fuck that noise. My skeletons are best left in the ground and buried where they belong.

Back