Law POTWR 2019 Vol 17: Do Environmental Concerns Add Urgency To Legalizing Marijuana?

Would you purchase lesser quality marijuana in order to protect the environment?

• Total voters
Oh, it's a stressful job. I was going 80-90 hour work weeks, every weekend, holiday, etc. Lifting, bending over, dirty, etc. It's for pot though, so you find it hard to bitch in any way (not that this stopped any coworkers from being lazy douchebags).

I think I'm somewhere in between the lazy dbags and your 80 hours. Even at the one job I loved it was probably only 60-65. More if you count getting drunk at gigs. :cool:

I think I'm somewhere in between the lazy dbags and your 80 hours. Even at the one job I loved it was probably only 60-65. More if you count getting drunk at gigs. :cool:

Hey, when you can walk around to a nook outside your shop and get blazed whenever you want? Makes those hours go by much easier.

Stopped like 10+ years ago, so I cannot really comment on today's situation (besides, weed is still illegal here).

Had to LOL at the if I were a buyer vote from Cubo though :)

Btw this does feel like a continuation of the BBQ thread. Of course we would need weed.

I want the best quality. The shit should be legal nationwide so people can grow their own. I can destroy my liver with alcohol but I can't smoke weed? What the fuck?
Depression era laws in the 21st century..... we all end up growing under the yolk of the past

My experience with growing is restricted to five plants in my closet lined with tinfoil and a mixture of fluorescent and black lights circa 1998/1999. Then again throwing a few seeds in a few 5 gallon buckets of dollar-store potting soil and leaving them in my vegetable garden over the summer two years ago.

I got high from both batches. Haha.

I want the best stuff I can get for the best price, plain and simple. If it were legal for me to grow my own in PA, I would certainly invest time and money in educating myself and setting up a serious grow effort.

However, a few percentage points lower in THC for less environmental impact doesn't bother me one bit. That is something I would accept.

So I chose the "maybe" option.

Yeah @hillelslovak87 I can confirm 80-90 hour weeks for sure.

It's not an easy job and one where fundamentals are absolutely essential and if you dont do your job, you gonna have a half a dozen more jobs.

I cant even begin to tell you how many shitty ops and waste I have seen over the years.

Ok, all you weed experts, since I can grow plants for my own use, is it remotely possible to get anything worth smoking if I'm growing them on a balcony that only gets sun in the latter part of the day?

From my experience the indoor growers are also susceptible to issues. From the first article in the OP.

Yea everyone I know grows indoors and has had mites. Bout a year ago or so everyone seemed to be dealing with it. That section in the grow store always has a lot of empty slots. I dont know a lot about outdoor growing and the problems people have to deal with but I know indoor growers seem to always be at war and everyone is fulla shit. Trading clones and what not is like unprotected sex back in the aids days in wayne county maybe everywhere but I cant speak for them

Ok, all you weed experts, since I can grow plants for my own use, is it remotely possible to get anything worth smoking if I'm growing them on a balcony that only gets sun in the latter part of the day?
It's a sun lover and produces better the more time in the sun it has. That being said, I've had discussions endlessly on how some shade during peak summer days is helpful.

You're biggest threat may be triggering it to flower too soon if there isnt adequate sun.

May as well try, low expenditure for a couple of plants in 30 gal potters. Dont over water as you wont be getting enough sun to keep the moisture cycle flowing unless it gets butt hot where you are.

You are too late in the season but can plan for next year. Soak seeds on Valentines Day and pot when white taild emerge. Keep outdoors under natural light and sex them in May repotting the keepers.

When growing one or two plants you can give the attention and nutrients large ops cant and always produce better flower. Compare your gardens tomatoes to store bought.

These days I keep a plant or two a year from seed stock i bred out years ago and it ends up being more than enough for me and I share which is what the original culture was all about before it got what we got now.

<{clintugh}>

Yea everyone I know grows indoors and has had mites. Bout a year ago or so everyone seemed to be dealing with it. That section in the grow store always has a lot of empty slots. I dont know a lot about outdoor growing and the problems people have to deal with but I know indoor growers seem to always be at war and everyone is fulla shit. Trading clones and what not is like unprotected sex back in the aids days in wayne county maybe everywhere but I cant speak for them
If you're doing indoor you have to keep everything in-house. If you're getting clones from nurseries or clubs you're going to get AIDS. I remember when spider mites were the big problem and these days it's those potato mites people are dealing with and they are much worse and require much more vigilance or extreme insecticides to deal with. Glad I'm out.

If you're doing indoor you have to keep everything in-house. If you're getting clones from nurseries or clubs you're going to get AIDS. I remember when spider mites were the big problem and these days it's those potato mites people are dealing with and they are much worse and require much more vigilance or extreme insecticides to deal with. Glad I'm out.

I dont know what a potato mite is and I am thankful for that. Ive seen powdery mildew and I have seen spider mites and that is the extent of my hard times

I dont know what a potato mite is and I am thankful for that. Ive seen powdery mildew and I have seen spider mites and that is the extent of my hard times
They live within the tissue of the plant so normal measures dont work. Eagle 20 is a known label amongst those growing and not giving a shit about what happens to those that smoke it.

Eagle 20
what happens to those that smoke it.

source.gif

"No, there are millions of other things that pollute more", anyone?

You grow better stuff indoors, though. It's easier to control variables and ensure strict conditions that you want to create. I'd rather not have to spray hundreds of plants with Mightywash, and have to worry about powdery mildew or botrytis, among other factors.
This goes for all plants, but you create a weaker and weaker plant when you grow like this. Long term, it's better to have the plant face some hardship. Of course it's harder to grow on a large scale this way.

It's like those mushroom batches you buy online, the mycelium hasn't had to "fight" so if you try to grow them outdoors in their supposedly natural habitats, they just perish completely. Almost all of them do, anyway.

When I started growing legal the first thing we got were clones from another I-502. Extreme Cream, SS Sherbert and Rude Boi. All three genetics were shit and grew weak, the Rude Bois were susceptible to powdery mildew like a mufucka (blew up like 25% of a room we had with 190 plants in it) and got spider mites over and over and over.

We only dealt with the spider mites and the mildew for the most part, but the area we were in was ripe for the powder, particularly. I know for a fact that most of the grows in WA that I went to, they used Eagle Grow or something like that, which are banned in WA. They were getting hammered, then it was all gone quick, and they wouldn't speak a word on it.

This goes for all plants, but you create a weaker and weaker plant when you grow like this. Long term, it's better to have the plant face some hardship. Of course it's harder to grow on a large scale this way.

It's like those mushroom batches you buy online, the mycelium hasn't had to "fight" so if you try to grow them outdoors in their supposedly natural habitats, they just perish completely. Almost all of them do, anyway.

Oh trust me, our plants had to fight. Sheeeeeit they had to fight. The environment we were in, plus the absolutely ramshackle conditions on top, and it was uphill all along, and mostly my battle alone. So many days of mine were marked by a backpack atomizer sprayer filled with gallons of MightyWash, spraying in the dark with a green light on my face.

100% agree with this. Another favorite topic back in the day was how to effectively stress them indoors

When I started growing legal the first thing we got were clones from another I-502. Extreme Cream, SS Sherbert and Rude Boi. All three genetics were shit and grew weak, the Rude Bois were susceptible to powdery mildew like a mufucka (blew up like 25% of a room we had with 190 plants in it) and got spider mites over and over and over.

We only dealt with the spider mites and the mildew for the most part, but the area we were in was ripe for the powder, particularly. I know for a fact that most of the grows in WA that I went to, they used Eagle Grow or something like that, which are banned in WA. They were getting hammered, then it was all gone quick, and they wouldn't speak a word on it.

The dirty dirty world of clones. You just have to start from scratch with those mites, get all plants out, bomb the place, get back in.

As far as PM goes a weekly root drench with serenade made that stuff a thing of the past.

Back