Social POTWR 2019 Vol 16: What Will You Bring To The War Room BBQ?

What are the most important foods for a successful BBQ, and what's your favorite style?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't have Moonshine on the list, so I picked burgers as when I take the time to actually do them right they usually turn out pretty well.

But yah, I'll bring the shine.

Cook potatoes and cut them into slices. It's important you use waxy potatoes. Then prepare the dressing: Slice a large onion, briefly (!) cook it in beef broth, add a large teaspoon of mustard, add brandy vinegar (it has to be both a bit sour and savoury), add salt and pepper. Mix and wait a while. You need a sufficient amount of dressing as the salat is ideal when it is a bit squishy.

And before anyone asks: yes, this is the only proper and acceptable way to make potato salad. There may be other things you can do with potatoes, but you should not follow the temptation to call it a potato salad.

I’ll bring the ulu mac salad and lobster and ono. Some opihi for myself at least if nobody else wants some lmao.

I agree with @MikeMcMann we need some seafood options. Not to sound ungrateful though @Cubo de Sangre I’m thankful for the BBQ!

And before anyone asks: yes, this is the only proper and acceptable way to make potato salad. There may be other things you can do with potatoes, but you should not follow the temptation to call it a potato salad.

Needs some peas, or scallions maybe.

I’ll bring the ulu mac salad and lobster and ono. Some opihi for myself at least if nobody else wants some lmao.

I agree with @MikeMcMann we need some seafood options. Not to sound ungrateful though @Cubo de Sangre I’m thankful for the BBQ!

Oh yeah! Ono is my go-to for smoked fish dip.

I know, I know. :oops:

Some people add thin cucumber slices. Scallions would be a bit too sophisticated, but might replace the onion. Peas would be a big no-no

Cucumber could work. Maybe some carrot. What the Hell is wrong with peas?

Cucumber could work. Maybe some carrot. What the Hell is wrong with peas?

I'm sure Nutella with sushi could work out great, too. You cannot mess with potato salad purity, though.

It's a German thing

I'm sure Nutella with sushi could work out great, too. You cannot mess with potato salad purity, though.

It's a German thing

tumblr_inline_mi2qjbq7FS1qz4rgp.gif

Anyone wanna try my “other-meat?”

It’s fucking delicious. You gotta get some.

I'm not from a US corn state so....
Ok dude, I'm going to say this once, and what happens after that is up to you. Google when is corn in season in PEI, and book your next vacation here. You won't believe how sweet and juicy it is. We also have a great authentic Japanese restaurant here now that will save you a trip across the Pacific Ocean.

Some here don't care that much about food, and that's ok. Everyone has different things that twang their strings, as it were, but if you love food the way I do, @Cubo de Sangre, Greg, @AgonyandIrony especially, you owe it to yourselves to put this place on your bucket lists.
Check out this yearly food event:
https://www.fallflavours.ca/events/

Ok dude, I'm going to say this once, and what happens after that is up to you. Google when is corn in season in PEI, and book your next vacation here. You won't believe how sweet and juicy it is. We also have a great authentic Japanese restaurant here now that will save you a trip across the Pacific Ocean.

Some here don't care that much about food, and that's ok. Everyone has different things that twang their strings, as it were, but if you love food the way I do, @Cubo de Sangre, Greg, @AgonyandIrony especially, you owe it to yourselves to put this place on your bucket lists.
Check out this yearly food event:
https://www.fallflavours.ca/events/

I'm sold!

Nice. Yeah, measuring is overrated. Have you considered chopping up small bits of red onion and throwing it in after everything else has been in the processor?
I have not. I use the scallion tops to avoid the sweetness of regular onion, but I don’t see why not.. just add them before you honey to taste. Mmmmm, mmmm...

I have not. I use the scallion tops to avoid the sweetness of regular onion, but I don’t see why not.. just add them before you honey to taste. Mmmmm, mmmm...

Red onion has that nice little bite. Works in chimi like it works in chili.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back