Crime POTWR 2019 Vol 14: Was The Unabomber Also The Zodiac And Tylenol Killers?

Which Zodiac suspect would you put your money on?

• Ross Sullivan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richard Gaikowski "GYKE" or "GAIK"

• Rick Marshall

• Lawrence Kane

• MR. X

• Bruce Davis

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Job Interview

Here's some good reasoning why the Halloween card was legit Zodiac. The crux of it is that the card contains "by knife". The Lake Berryessa killer wrote "by knife" on the car door. That info was withheld to the press by the police, and not revealed publicly by the time the Halloween card was sent. At that point you either have to believe some impostor had amazing luck with wording or you believe the card came from the murderer at Berryessa. There's more, but to me the "by knife" is no coincidence.

https://www.zodiacciphers.com/zodiac-news/the-impostor-running-amok#comments
Interesting, but it isn't easy to figure out in that poorly written article who it was sent to, and what the provenance is- who it was sent to, who received it, where it went afterwards. Who witnessed, etc.

Interesting, but it isn't easy to figure out in that poorly written article who it was sent to, and what the provenance is- who it was sent to, who received it, where it went afterwards. Who witnessed, etc.

Not sure on most all of that, if we're talking names. Who it was sent to is a reporter at the SF Chronicle. It would have been received in the paper's mailroom and delivered to the addressee. He'd open it. Show it to the editor. Cops get called. They come in and send it through chain of custody to the evidence room. Then it would have gone to the FBI. Don't know if they returned it.

What' curious to you about that stuff?

The FBI investigated whether or not Ted was the Zodiac or not and they found handwriting and fingerprints didn't match. Plus the Unabomber was done for when he got caught and he himself denied being Zodiac. Another thing is the people who supposedly saw the Zodiac in person never identified Ted as the culprit either.

Last edited:
While I didnt have anything to add to the subject, I found this to be a cool thread. Thanks @Cubo de Sangre.

The FBI investigated whether or not Ted was the Zodiac or not and they found handwriting and fingerprints didn't match. Plus the Unabomber was done for when he got caught and he himself denied being Zodiac. Another thing is the people who supposedly saw the Zodiac in person never identified Ted as the culprit either.

It's not a fact the FBI has Zodiac prints handwriting looks pretty close to me. From the OP...

unazodproject.jpg

While I didnt have anything to add to the subject, I found this to be a cool thread. Thanks @Cubo de Sangre.

Thanks, bro.

i believe the first true crime book that i read was on the zodiac. there was a bunch of us on the ship that passed that book around. shit is fascinating

Thanks for the opportunity to deep dive into this.

Not to derail your thread, but I’d be interested to know what you think about Steve Hodel, and his father being the Black Dahlia murderer. Crazy story, real life noire, if true.
@Cubo de Sangre @Graves

Thanks for the opportunity to deep dive into this.

Not to derail your thread, but I’d be interested to know what you think about Steve Hodel, and his father being the Black Dahlia murderer. Crazy story, real life noire, if true.
@Cubo de Sangre @Graves

You're welcome. Thanks for participating.

I've never read enough on the black dahlia case to form an opinion.

I grew up in NYC.
how about Son of Sam?
Berkowitz defied FBI profilers for a long time.

I grew up in NYC.
how about Son of Sam?
Berkowitz defied FBI profilers for a long time.
Because Berkowitz didn’t do all of the killings himself, as per Terry’s The Ultimate Evil?

You're welcome. Thanks for participating.

I've never read enough on the black dahlia case to form an opinion.
Hodel, who is a retired Hollywood homicide detective, believes his father is the murderer. His case is compelling, and extremely bizarre. It’s well worth listening to his YT interviews.

Because Berkowitz didn’t do all of the killings himself, as per Terry’s The Ultimate Evil?

I read some of that cult theory with Son of Sam. Seemed a little far-fetched. But that's another case I've read little about.

Hodel, who is a retired Hollywood homicide detective, believes his father is the murderer. His case is compelling, and extremely bizarre.

He said his dad was Zodiac and that got picked apart lickety-split. Doesn't mean he isn't right about BDM.

I read some of that cult theory with Son of Sam. Seemed a little far-fetched. But that's another case I've read little about.

He said his dad was Zodiac and that got picked apart lickety-split. Doesn't mean he isn't right about BDM.
Also, The Lipstick Murders...
I found the BDM theory compelling. One thing for sure, George Hodel was one terrifying character.
As for Terry’s cult hypothesis regarding SoS, I’m always wary about “moral panic, Satanic panic”. A really far out book in a similar vein is Programmed to Kill, by Dave McGowan.

I apologize again for derailing your excellent thread.

Last edited:
Also, The Lipstick Murders...
I found the BDM theory compelling. One thing for sure, George Hodel was one terrifying character.
As for Terry’s cult hypothesis regarding SoS, I’m always wary about “moral panic, Satanic panic”. A really far out book in a similar vein is Programmed to Kill, by Dave McGowan.

I apologize again for derailing your excellent thread.

lol at derailing. Check out the traffic. :D

What's a good online (i.e. free) source to check out some of this BDM theory?

lol at derailing. Check out the traffic. :D

What's a good online (i.e. free) source to check out some of this BDM theory?
Root of Evil podcast is a decent place to start. I’ll edit this post with some YT video when I find the good ones.

Last edited:
remember the registered nurse who was arrested and convicted of tampering with eye drops on the store shelves many years ago?
she put acid in them or something, out of malice or self-oathing, who knows.
she single handedly ushered in the 'tamper proof' packaging that is the standard today among personal hygiene products.
WTF I need to read on this.

Looks like I'll have to actually read this thread.

Back