Crime POTWR 2019 Vol 1: Shots Fired! Examining Police Shootings In America

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Cubo de Sangre, Jan 5, 2019.

1. nhbbear

nhbbear Duty Belt

On the wall, pissing off the edge of the world
    Wait, you are not objecting to my use of stupid, are you. I did not insult another poster, or their opinions. And sovereign citizens are crazy and their arguments are stupid.

cleetus and Cubo de Sangre like this.
  2. Cubo de Sangre

Cubo de Sangre President of the War Room

Yes, and agreed.

The rule purposely doesn't stipulate any level of participation in the discussion.

<in my happy gentle voice> Maybe we got some sovereigns lurking. Maybe it's offering the same courtesy to that group that's being given to police in here. Maybe it's just good form to be more articulate than that. Most certainly it's something I envisioned when going through the painful process of being allowed to set the rules.

[​IMG]

But seriously, beyond all that it's early with these threads and I'm trying to set boundaries. I'm not asking anybody to follow rules I'm not following. As an officer of the law I'm sure you appreciate even application. Impartiality was central to my campaign. Flashing you the card demonstrates to the board my commitment to integrity.

Tl;dr: All this is your fault for being special. :(:D

Protectandserve likes this.
  3. cleetus

cleetus Rockstar

I'd follow that motherfucker all day long if I was bored enough to. He's clearly looking for some kind of confrontation, and the minute he jaywalked, littered, or caused any disturbance, his ass would be mine.

A couple options for dealing with a shitbag like this: As for hooking him on a DP right there, courts have ruled that abusive language no longer counts as a disorderly persons offense. The volume of his voice and if he drew a crowd by his erratic actions could be enough to hook him for a DP. Another option may be to make a judgment call that he's an EDP and detain him for an evaluation, though that's a stretch.

nhbbear and Cubo de Sangre like this.
  4. Higus

Higus Silver Belt

What are your thoughts on safe injection sites, or just decriminalization in general?

Cubo de Sangre likes this.
  5. nhbbear

nhbbear Duty Belt

Ok. I will try to refrain from saying such things. I am a respectful poster, and try to have thoughtful and intelligent posts, I just have difficulty with that particular mindset, nor do I see the merits with that movement. I guess having dealt with them, and seeing the countless videos and the violent and senseless violence committed by some of their members, and the potential threat that particular movement poses, I have less patience in regard to sovereigns.

With that said, if there is one amongst us, I would welcome a discussion.

6. Cubo de Sangre

Understood and appreciated. Your forthrightness here is what's driving the quality of this thread. :)

As for the sovereigns, in my heart I'm one. By that I mean I wanna root for those folks because, well...fuck you telling me what to do. And society breaking these folks (via armed police) just proves this world comes down to might makes right. So fuck your moral authority. But in the end, discretion's the better part of valor. So I play ball. Call it rolling with the tide. Or living to fight another day. Or being a pussy.

Discuss.

<{ohyeah}>

7. nhbbear

nhbbear Duty Belt

I agree with all of that, and stated as much in response to sniper. But at the same time, hooking him on the disorderly charge would have resulted in a fight, as evidenced by his “Dont touch me!!!” response, even though none of the officers touched him. My guess is that it was for the benefit of the camera. This guy was infuriating, which is just one more reason to not arrest him, no matter how frustrating this incident is because it would be too easy to lose control with someone like this, which is exactly what he wanted, which imo, is why he was being so insulting. This is a perfect example of “discretion being the better part of valor” and being able, or required, to get over our egos and emotions, and simply walk away.

As I always say, what is the worst that happens if this guy gets away? That goes for foot chases, vehicle pursuits, and especially arrests for very minor crimes where the use of force is pretty much guaranteed. I think you and I are in a similar mindset as to what we would like to do to this guy, which I will refrain from stating to avoid getting a picture of a yellow card.

cleetus and Cubo de Sangre like this.
  8. Cubo de Sangre

I don't see anything in the rules against that. But like any potential hate crime incident, be mindful of how you refer to your victim verbally. Anything you say can and will be held against you.

[​IMG]

9. nhbbear

nhbbear Duty Belt

I am so confused right now. How is using the term “stupid” so offensive, but all of the above is ok?

And as for sovereigns, being free at heart and not wanting to be told what to do, is one thing, but making up license plates; drivers licenses; putting liens and paper terrorism tactics on people that offend them, such as police officers, judges, public officials, etc; using maritime or commercial laws; the belief that county sheriffs are the most powerful law enforcement force of the land, the funny names, made up documents, use of obscure common law-I could go on forever about this.

curryjunkie and cleetus like this.
  10. Cubo de Sangre

Saying "Fuck the man!" isn't against the rules.

11. Cubo de Sangre

For sure. I'm more sympathetic to the sovereign dude in court saying he can fish without a license if he wants.

cleetus likes this.
  12. VivaRevolution

VivaRevolution Whoopin' Belt

My work is very different than yours, and yet here I see some common ground between those two worlds. I see allot of people get themselves in trouble for trying to make things how they think they should be at work.

They forget they have a very clear job description. No matter what your intent, for ill or good, you are in the wrong if you aren't following that description. Rules aren't guidelines, they are rules. They apply equally to everyone.

I believe for your world the best phrase to explain this, is that you guys are law enforcement, not society police.

13. MC OverPressure

MC OverPressure #fartbag

Meanwhile, every year cops die, but the country doesn't get worked up over that.

The good guys die and get stained by the actions of a few, the bad guys die and it's a tragedy that didn't have to happen.

14. VivaRevolution

Their is a reason for that btw. As much as I feel for psycological toll of police work, it is actually pretty safe work in comparison to tree work, or fishing, two industries that about half the people I know work in.

MC OverPressure likes this.
  15. MC OverPressure

MC OverPressure #fartbag

*They're
    *Psychological

Statistically. I'd rather be cutting or fishing and not being menaced by armed nuts at traffic stops, or fight an active resistor and have to call for backup, or chase a runner, etc.

Not much chance of getting shot trimming trees and cutting trunks, and then having people across the country microscopically examine my actions so more than half can conclude that I'm terrible at my job.
    Trees stay put and don't stick drugs in their butts.

Afaik

16. VivaRevolution

I would take my chances with the control you have in a shooting, as compared to a random widow maker, or rougue wave.

Fuck spelling. It is the most useless skill in the modern world next to cursive.

Greoric and MC OverPressure like this.
  17. Cubo de Sangre

18. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

19. Cubo de Sangre

Thought so, but I'm the worst when it comes to comprehending these bodycam videos. Not sure if the dog hit his arm or he turned to flee and suffered a negligent discharge.

nac386 likes this.
  20. Greoric

Greoric Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card