POTN for Clarke???

SuperSartre

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Really?? Clarke gets beat up for almost 2 rnds and then no fight IQ having Iaquinta falls into a choke while side mounting Clarke and that is the performance of the night? Better than DC dominating and finishing Hendo? Better than Lawler tko victory over Ellenberger. Ridiculous...

Dana would've too pissed off over the wrestling to award a bonus.

Isn't it for submission of the night? If so, he was the only one on the card to have one, so yeah he deserves it.

EDIT:Oops, forgot about the DC/Hendo fight. Wasn't as nice as Clarke's.

Last edited:
What about Lawler? Staying composed and scoring the TKO on the very durable Ellenberger to continue his journey back to a title shot? And Clarke instead with that "performance"? Bizarre...

There is no such award as submission of the night anymore. It's performance of the night...and other than a luck sub it was a very poor performance...

He hit a beautiful submission that most people haven't even seen, As far as I know POTN was supposed to replace Submission and KO of the night so I guess that explains it

It was a clutch sub. I can see why he got it.

I would have given it to Ferguson for the KO over Kikuno though.

No, it doesn't work the same as before. Why change it if it works the same as before?? It is PERFORMANCE of the night and I have seen many poor performances where a guy gets a sub (tonight included). The STATED reason for changing the name and the way it works is so they could be flexible and if there was really good performances they could give those the award instead of a sub JUST because it happened to be the only sub on the card...which by the way it, was not the only sub on the card.

Yeah the Ferguson KO would have been another good choice...for, you know, an actual good performance. It wasn't just a name change, they talked at length about how it works differently now.

They changed it to "performance of the night" so they can still get two out even if there are no knockouts or submissions but they're going to get one for a knockout and one for a submission if possible. Also Clarke's sub was legit!

Back