Potaoes-The good, the bad and the ugly?

TJS

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Whats the deal on potatoes? I hear that you should avoid potatoes of you trying to loose weight but sweet potatoes are ok? why? What potatoes are good choice and whitch are not? There are all kinds og potatoes...Russets, new potatoes, reds, white, gold, sweet...whats the story on them.

Thanks

Sweet potatoes are good for you. I guess regular baked potatoes or whatever have a high glycemic index or something like that. Read the book "Sugar Busters" if you want to know about crap like this.

I didn't know they were bad for you.

I've been eating them while "dieting"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any other adivce on what potatoes are "safe" while on a diet?

I've always been told baked potatoes are good and so are yams/sweet potatoes. It just depends on what's on the baked potato, like butter, etc. I could be wrong, I've been reading a lot of anti-potato articles recently! I still eat baked taters anyway

An important distinction should be made between yams and sweet potatoes. The former is a modified stem while the latter is a root.

You cant really get real Yams here in America from my understanding..atleast not easily.

Sagat said:
I've always been told baked potatoes are good and so are yams/sweet potatoes. It just depends on what's on the baked potato, like butter, etc. I could be wrong, I've been reading a lot of anti-potato articles recently! I still eat baked taters anyway

You must add fat to baked potatoes, otherwise your body will suck it up in a snap. It's in my grandma's guide to diabetic diets.

Back