News *Postponed***James Kirkland vs. Marcos Hernandez Tops PBC on FS1, March 14

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.boxingscene.com/james-kirkland-vs-marcos-hernandez-tops-pbc-on-fs1-march-14--146400

James Kirkland will take on all-action "Madman" Marcos Hernández in a 10-round middleweight showdown that headlines FS1 PBC Fight Night and on FOX Deportes Saturday, March 14 from MGM National Harbor in Maryland.

The action begins at 8:00 p.m. ET/5:00 p.m. PT and features unbeaten top prospect and 2016 Lithuanian Olympian Eimantas Stanionis taking on Justin DeLoach in the 10-round welterweight co-main event.

James Kirkland again? Really?

Sure why not

Dude shouldn’t even be fighting anymore.

What a lousy main event. Even though 35 isn't as old as it used to be for a lot of fighters these days for a fighter like Kirkland it's ancient. I thought he was half shot going into the Canelo fight. Since then he's hand a four-year layoff & he's KO'd two clubfighters. Now they have him matched up with a 14-3-1 kid with no punch ( only 3 KO wins ) & the loser of two of his last three. I'm sorry but that's not main event material in my book.

People should protect Kirkland from himself.

“I was very excited when I heard about it. James Kirkland is a big name in the sport of boxing and coming off my last performance, this is a very big fight and opportunity,” Hernandez said. “Also, the fact that it is headlining a PBC card as well is a very big deal for me.

“This a great chance for me to get back into the top of the division and look toward the third fight with Jeison Rosario. When I heard about the fight from my team, I accepted it immediately and knew this was the chance for me to make a major statement, and get back in the mix.”

What a lousy main event. Even though 35 isn't as old as it used to be for a lot of fighters these days for a fighter like Kirkland it's ancient. I thought he was half shot going into the Canelo fight. Since then he's hand a four-year layoff & he's KO'd two clubfighters. Now they have him matched up with a 14-3-1 kid with no punch ( only 3 KO wins ) & the loser of two of his last three. I'm sorry but that's not main event material in my book.
Was gonna half jokingly suggest a Glen Tapia rematch. Just looked it up how has it been seven years.

I wanted to see if Kirkland was still with Wolfe (he was and now isn't, again) and ended up finding this video from Reddit (I know).

It's Kirkland being stopped against Canelo, with the latter photoshopped out. Bizarre but mesmerising.

This will be going head to head with Top Ranks ESPN card with Shakur Stevenson.

FS1 PBC Fight Night Prelims will begin at 6:30 p.m. ET/3:30 p.m. PT and features unbeaten featherweight Cobia Breedy in a 10-round fight against the Philippines' Eugene Lagos, plus Cuba's Liván Navarro steps in for an eight-round welterweight affair against once-beaten Demarcus Layton.

This one is close to me. Still some good seats available but I’m not sure I can justify a $100 (cheapest) ticket for the ghost of James Kirkland headlining.

This one is close to me. Still some good seats available but I’m not sure I can justify a $100 (cheapest) ticket for the ghost of James Kirkland headlining.

wow! $100 the cheapest ?

wow! $100 the cheapest ?
Cheapest ones that are left. Not sure what the further seats ran. Ringside are like $150 but the theater room isn’t that big so there really isn’t a bad spot.

Cheapest ones that are left. Not sure what the further seats ran. Ringside are like $150 but the theater room isn’t that big so there really isn’t a bad spot.
Ok! Thanks for the info

FullBody_Kirkland.jpg

Marcos_Hernandez_secondary.jpg

Hard-hitting James Kirkland will take on all-action "Madman" Marcos Hernández in a 10-round middleweight showdown that headlines FS1 PBC Fight Night and on FOX Deportes Saturday, March 14 from MGM National Harbor in Maryland.

Back