Post your training backround

Vincentsky

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Just like the rest of Sherdog I’m a 2nd degree BJJ BB and won silver in open class Nogi worlds, then trained in Thailand had a 20-1 ( all ko’s) pro MT record before retiring to become a full time sherdog fight analyst/ all natural body building champion.

But In reality I’m pretty sure some guys here must’ve had some training and some didn’t get as far as they would’ve wished for when they were younger, I personally have always been enrolled in some kind of martial arts but never got too far with anything, also my family moved around a lot so I never stuck to anything too long, he’s mine:

Grade 1-3 : shotokan karate ( remember watching the clock waiting for the class to end, and still remember the first kata till today)

Grade 4 : 1 year taekwando ( competed in 1 competition made the finals had to fight my best friend, I remember feeling bad and not wanting to hurt him)

Grade 5: about 6 months of Greco Roman wrestling in a club run by some old school Russian coach ( learned a lot of basics that I still remember today, didn’t get to compete and quit because gym was too far )

Grade 6: 6 months of boxing with another Russian Olympic coach, quit cuz I didn’t like getting punched in the face

Grade 10 : 1 semester of wrestling, quit cuz I was too much into weed and running stairs for 1 hour twice a week was getting hard

Grade 11: 6 months BJJ first attempt at BJJ

Age 21: 6 months of BJJ then got frustrated and started doing only the Muay Thai classes

21- 28: off and on Muay Thai at different gyms including 2 total months training in Thailand ( Phuket and Chaing Mai ) with 2 pro small stadium fights in Thailand

Haven’t trained much since, post yours!

Former K1 LHW Champion
Former Strikeforce Tournament Champion
Current UFC Champion
A level athlete
Elite Sherdogger

Those are my credentials.

Crosstrained for 5 years.
Vegan for 4 years.
I only eat eggs and veg.
Been taking PEDs for 1 year

superheavyweight 9%fat
white belt in TKD and BJJ

Karate and TKD as a child
Boxing and MT as a teenager
BJJ in my late teens/early 20's

Wrestled in HS and Junior College and did a few off-season freestyle tournaments.

Green belt in Judo and a BJJ white belt with two stripes. I haven't trained in any grappling since 2013 due to knee issues.

I watch a lot of mma on TV

Got to my BJJ blue belt and then chose to stop after college. I had other hobbies at the time and with the addition of BJJ, I couldn't focus on all of them when I started working full time/overtime hours. So I prioritized my other activities over jiu jitsu.

Trained American combat for 16 years.

Fought amateur 10 times.

Got into a car accident that stopped all of that.
That was 13 years ago now. I'm 42.

Crosstrained for 5 years.
Vegan for 4 years.
I only eat eggs and veg.
Been taking PEDs for 1 year
Lucky for you they now have impossible burgers.

<mma3>

Back