Post your top 10 boxers from the last 25 years 1995-2020 era

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Take into account accomplishments, feats, and skill etc. from 1995 to 2020 who do you guys have.

1 - Floyd Money Mayweather (needs zero explanation consensus the GOAT of the last 30 years beating everyone)
2 - Roy Jones Jr
3 - Bernard Hopkins
4 - Canelo Alvarez (Modern day Henry Armstrong going up and down in weight as a smaller man defending his belts, his steroid usage failing twice, puts an asterisk on him, but in terms of accomplishment he fought killers from 154 to 175 pounds and knocking them out)
5 - Lennox Lewis
6 - Oscar De La Hoya
7 - Andre Ward
8 - James Toney
9 - Wladimir Klitschko
10 - Joe Calzaghe

1. Pernell Whitaker
2. Roy Jones Jr
3. Tito Trinidad
4. Oscar De la Hoya - ducked nobody
5. Sugar Shane Mosley
6. Andre Ward
7. Bernard Hopkins
8. Floy Mayweather
9. Manny Pacquiao
10. Stevie Johnston - because I said so!

My list shits on your list:

1 Roy Jones Jr
2 Pernell Whittaker
3 Manny Pacquiao
4 Bernard Hopkins
5 Oscar De La Hoya
6 Andre Ward
7 Lennox Lewis
8 Tito Trinidad
9 Canelo
10 Wladimir Klitschko

quality list you have here sir

In no particular order:
  • Floyd Mayweather
  • Manny Pacquiao
  • Roy Jones Jr
  • Saul Alvarez
  • Bernard Hopkins
  • Lennox Lewis
  • Andre Ward
  • Wladimir Klichtko
  • Oscar De La Hoya
  • Pernell Whitaker

Take into account accomplishments, feats, and skill etc. from 1995 to 2020 who do you guys have.

1 - Floyd Money Mayweather (needs zero explanation consensus the GOAT of the last 30 years beating everyone)
2 - Roy Jones Jr
3 - Bernard Hopkins
4 - Canelo Alvarez (Modern day Henry Armstrong going up and down in weight as a smaller man defending his belts, his steroid usage failing twice, puts an asterisk on him, but in terms of accomplishment he fought killers from 154 to 175 pounds and knocking them out)
5 - Lennox Lewis
6 - Oscar De La Hoya
7 - Andre Ward
8 - James Toney
9 - Wladimir Klitschko
10 - Joe Calzaghe

No Pacquiao
{<huh}

Still a good list though

Hard list to come up with.
Should change the years to 1995-2015.
Beginning of the De la Hoya Roy Jones era (tail end of Tyson era) and then ending with the finale of the Mayweather/Pacquiao era.

Post 2015 is a different era. Canelos dominance , HW resurgence, 147 battle, 135 scene, Superfly tournerys, Boxing on Network TV again, the growing popularity of exhibitions and cross sport/entertainment fights.

No particular order after Lennox Lewis:

1. Lennox Lewis
Michael Gomez (the Irish Mexican)
Joe Calzaghe
Josh Taylor
Manny
Loma
Felix Trinidad
Carl Froch
David haye
Sergio Martinez

that may look a little different with a bit more thought

Last edited:
You really put in all this effort to shit on Pac? It's actually a solid thread idea if you weren't being dishonest

{<hhh]
What is your guys obsession with Pac? I stopped posting about him and you guys keep bringing him up smh

My list shits on your list:

1 Roy Jones Jr
2 Pernell Whittaker
3 Manny Pacquiao
4 Bernard Hopkins
5 Oscar De La Hoya
6 Andre Ward
7 Lennox Lewis
8 Tito Trinidad
9 Canelo
10 Wladimir Klitschko
come on man dont need to one up someone its not a competition

No particular order after Lennox Lewis:

1. Lennox Lewis
Michael Gomez (the Irish Mexican)
Joe Calzaghe
Josh Taylor
Manny
Loma
Felix Trinidad
Carl Froch
David haye
Sergio Martinez

that may look a little different with a bit more thought
Im curious what are the accomplishments of Micheal Gomez I never really heard of him the name sounds familiar?

1. Pacquiao
  2. Floyd
  3. Hopkins
  4. RJJ
  5. JMM
  6. Canelo
  7. Wlad
  8. MAB
  9. Morales
  10. Lewis
Ngl after Pac and Floyd this is difficult to do. I do think that people have forgotten about Marquez, Barrera and Morales. They had great fight after great fight and went up against everyone.

1. Pacquiao
  2. Floyd
  3. Hopkins
  4. RJJ
  5. JMM
  6. Canelo
  7. Wlad
  8. MAB
  9. Morales
  10. Lewis
Ngl after Pac and Floyd this is difficult to do. I do think that people have forgotten about Marquez, Barrera and Morales. They had great fight after great fight and went up against everyone.

There were a lot of Great fighters, Id probably have to look even deeper and could change up my list if I sat down to really really analyze the history its tough.

Erik Morales toyed with a prime Manny Pacquiao, everyone counted him out. Also he beat Maidana with one eye swollen and way past his prime at a higher weight class but got robbed on the scorecards. Morales is my favorite of the 4 featherweight kings.

Back