Post your Stats and don't be a keyboard Warrior

Lets see
About 210 lbs 6'4
i train mma, grappling and boxing about 5/6 times a week and i would like to fight amateur fights sometime inthe future, but not any time soon because i started training just 4 months ago.

Yeah a lot of Thai fighters are immobile, that doesn't necessarily have to do with what is intrinsically "part of" one Art or another though. You have boxers who just throw fast combos at the gloves and don't cut angles either, but the fact remains that Muay Thai, with kicks, punches, trips/throws, and knees + elbows from clinch simply has far more weapons/ways to end a fight than Boxing.

I do think that Muay Thai weapons + Boxing footwork/punch technique is about as close to perfect striking as you can get though, with the exception of karate/TKD kicks (front kick, side kick, etc.) for diversity.I don't necessarily disagree, it's pretty hard to push kick someone who is not standing in front of you and a good boxer could absolutely frustrate a good Thai fighter by making him turn/pivot way more than usual.

yeah combining the 2 is bad ass. I tried it out a little but my knees are fucked up and it really jolted my knees slamming into the pads. So either I had a bad instructor or its just not for me. This was at an mma gym.

IQ: Higher than anybody who would start a thread like this.

And you're posting in it? You are just looking to pick a fight. This thread got a decent discussion going and helps weed out some of the least knowledgeable posters.

SwamiLeoni said:
Fucking lol^^

Are there no weight classes in jj?

Yes but there is no upper limit for the Ultra Heavyweight category, there is also an absolute category that anyone can enter.

tasticles said:
The dude in the blue gi looks to be in some serious pain. what do you think he weighed?

about 190

nfp said:
tap out via suffocation???

I like to use heavy top pressure but am always looking for the submission finish.

grimballer said:
once you have top position did you ever got swept?

Sometimes, by other big guys.

185cm, 98kg. Built-fat, I guess. Could probably drop 10kg and feel fine, but I like beer and ice cream too much.

5'11
10% bf
Train MMA and run.
There are photos of me in the training forums if it means that much to you.

I don't understand the point of this shitty thread. I'll just waste a post here for the sake of getting closer to orange belt

5'1" (155cm)

115 pounds (52 kg)

1 testicle

All Man

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes I wonder if Petey has ever sent a thread to the wasteland.

Not that I mind, because I find it hilarious when I'm in a shit thread and see a Mod post and just sort of facepalm.

I try not to take this place too seriously. Unless someone needs my help on here or somebody is really fucking with somebody or the place or whatever, I don't really need to flex my e-ween powers. Just an internet forum after all

5'1" (155cm)

115 pounds (52 kg)

1 testicle

All Man

I try not to take this place too seriously. Unless someone needs my help on here or somebody is really fucking with somebody or the place or whatever, I don't really need to flex my e-ween powers. Just an internet forum after all

C'mon, this is the internet, if a guy claims to be 5' 1" you give him dubbs.

C'mon, this is the internet, if a guy claims to be 5' 1" you give him dubbs.

I knew this little ex-special forces eastern european guy, that was about that size. He would fuck people up, twice his size, didn't matter. The old line it's not the size of the man, but the size of the fight in the man has truth to it.

5'8
240 lbs
40% BF
I once got punched in the face.

I lol'd. This is probably the extent of most sherdoggers training...

If I'm being honest:

Height: 5'10
Weight: 220lbs. Pretty fat.
Training: Judo Green Belt from when I was a kid... but basically none.
Photos: just no.

I knew this little ex-special forces eastern european guy, that was about that size. He would fuck people up, twice his size, didn't matter. The old line it's not the size of the man, but the size of the fight in the man has truth to it.

Well, in that case, I'm 5"-22" and proportionally awesome compared to Athiest. :icon_chee

I have been punched in the face. A bunch of times. I have that kind of face.

Back