Post your Stats and don't be a keyboard Warrior

5'11''
162 lbs

I only do BJJ now and some yoga from time to time.

5'6 - 140lbs
Wrestling since 7
Multiple x All-American at HS & University level
Made it to the World Team Trials (Greco)
Now coach a prestigious wrestling club in San Diego with my pops.
Considering wrestling vet nat's next year for shits and giggles.

6'7"
360lbs
BJJ purple belt

Me in action:

2w6yumb.jpg

33484mh.jpg

6'2''
175lbs
Not sure about body fat, I'm in pretty good shape though
2 stripe BJJ blue belt, 3.5 years training.

Fucking lol^^

Are there no weight classes in jj?

Threads with responses like these is why I joined sherdog lol

5'9
Hideously fat (like, over 240. Haven't weighed in a while)
Blue belt in judo, no rank in BJJ, two years of boxing and wrestling
Only tournament win I have is a local grappling thing.

Last edited:
Height - 6'2'' (190cm)
Weight Class - 178 pounds (81kg), can make welterweight (14% body fat)
Training - Sherdog orange belt (used to be blue belt in my prime)
Photos - sherdog cannot handle the amount of body hair that I have

i also noticed that a lot of the boxing crowd i was around seemed to look down on muay thai and some of the techniques i would talk to them about. never knew whether or not its a traditionally ingrained thing or whatever but it was weird
They probably don't like to consider the idea that you would beat them in a real fight because your striking is more complete. :icon_chee

No ref to break up dat clinch..

Wrestling since 7
Multiple x All-American at HS & University level
Made it to the World Team Trials (Greco)
!

I am wholly serious in making the statement that you may be the most accredited athlete ever to post on sherdog.

Teach me back arch throws

pls

They probably don't like to consider the idea that you would beat them in a real fight because your striking is more complete. :icon_chee

That is up for debate. While statistically speaking I believe a solid muay thai guy would win, it has its fair share of holes too. They are too rigid and have piss poor lateral movement. Boxers can work angles all over and have much better hands and foot work. If the boxer didn't get grabbed or knew how to not eat leg kicks he could beat the dog shit out of a muay thai practitioner.

Not saying muay thai sucks, just its not the be all end all its made out to be. I'd love to see 2 world class fighters of each sport compete.

5'9, 73 1/2 reach
163lbs.,
Started training Jiu-Jitsu at 16 with Eugene Jackson and his Jiu-jitsu coach Joao Pierini @ Gladiator academy
Trained some wrestling with Tim lajcik, who trained with Eugene Jackson
They moved training elsewhere, so shifted to Thaiboxing,trained with Xavier Mckay, fell in love with it. 7yrs. total. but with different trainers/gyms.
total of 4yrs. of Jiu-jitsu, no gi, 2 years w/ gi
Competed in many kickboxing smokers, 5-2 record, Super Middleweight in Kickboxing(170lbs.)
Started training in MMA 2005, fought @ 155 in MMA
Took a months worth of Judo classes
Took 1 wk of Wing Chun
more of a striker, need to improve more on ground, but I understand it well
Work/life has kept me from being able to pursue serious competitive fighting
Just recently moved to Las Vegas, currently in search of a new gym to train
anyone know of a good gym to start competitive fighting, please feel free to let me know of any good gyms that they would suggest.

I can't figure out how to scan photos.

Last edited:
Amateur boxing for 6 years. Compiled a record of 21-7. First fight I was 186 pounds, fat 14 year old kid, took a beating all 3 rounds lost a decision on points trained harder lost my second fight on points again. Never stopped, started to fill out and lose weight dropped down to 165 pounds stood at 5'11 (75kg weight class) won some fights. A couple provincial championships (from canada) went to the canada winter games back in 07 got bronze. Only had 13 fights under my belt.. Got my ass kick by a guy with 40+ fights. Stopped the fight in the second round due to a 20 point spread. I was behind 34-14 on points lol.

My last fight was against the national gold medalist I was 18 started smoking and drinking haha exhausted in the second round but pulled out a close split decision on points. Graduated got a job now I go and help the young amateurs spar on Sundays.

the fight against the national gold medalist is on youtube.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6TArQHyO5mo (link should work, find parts 2-4 in the chart from youtube)

I'm no means a fighter/tough guy but here are my stats:

6'1
200( walk around weight)
Boxing for about 2 years

4'8"
267lbs
11" uncircumcised

1282106539.gif

That is up for debate. While statistically speaking I believe a solid muay thai guy would win, it has its fair share of holes too. They are too rigid and have piss poor lateral movement.
Yeah a lot of Thai fighters are immobile, that doesn't necessarily have to do with what is intrinsically "part of" one Art or another though. You have boxers who just throw fast combos at the gloves and don't cut angles either, but the fact remains that Muay Thai, with kicks, punches, trips/throws, and knees + elbows from clinch simply has far more weapons/ways to end a fight than Boxing.

I do think that Muay Thai weapons + Boxing footwork/punch technique is about as close to perfect striking as you can get though, with the exception of karate/TKD kicks (front kick, side kick, etc.) for diversity.

I call my own style "freestyle striking" because it's pretty much that: taking the best parts from all styles and combining them into one, instead of trying to figure out "SHUD I LURN MUAY THAI AND AIKIDO, OR SHAMBO AND BOKSING????" as many other prospective mma fighters seem to.
tasticles said:
Boxers can work angles all over and have much better hands and foot work. If the boxer didn't get grabbed or knew how to not eat leg kicks he could beat the dog shit out of a muay thai practitioner.
I don't necessarily disagree, it's pretty hard to push kick someone who is not standing in front of you and a good boxer could absolutely frustrate a good Thai fighter by making him turn/pivot way more than usual.

Low kicks are really only a threat as a counter to punches as well.. I'd be more worried about head/body kicks tbh!

Back