Post your Stats and don't be a keyboard Warrior

Btw, why is this thread in the UFC section? Unless Ian McCall posts in this thread, this has nothing to do with the UFC.

I'm basically the real life version of Master Chief.

i just couldn't 'get it'

it was expensive as hell for me too, didnt feel i was learning anything in classes, they had me rolling with white belts that were fucking me up and i remember people telling me the more you get tapped out as a beginner, the better your defence will get but it didnt work out for me
Haha, all I would say is that the more you tap, the more you learn.. but c'est la vie, not everything is for everyone, and so forth.

I just find something extremely relaxing about practicing the armbar, heel hook, etc. Rolling in general is way more relaxing than striking practice for me, I usually get over-excited during the standup...
nfp said:
ended up dropping both for muay thai :icon_chee
I have a vested interest in spending about 1 month of each of the coming years in Thailand. Muay Thai is almost a perfect martial system.

Height: Thick
Weight: Solid
Training: Tight

Sometimes I wonder if Petey has ever sent a thread to the wasteland.

Not that I mind, because I find it hilarious when I'm in a shit thread and see a Mod post and just sort of facepalm.

I'll actually give a legit answer

I turn 26 in 9 days.
6'1"
245lbs
21% BF
50" Chest
18" Biceps
18.5" Neck
Tiny little girl legs
12+ years of wrestling
2 years of boxing
4 of kickboxing and nogi
2 of muay thai

6 ft 1 203 lbs. a little soft but muscular.
did karate off and on for about 3 years
Judo 4 years
Army combatives Level 3 soon

Boxing for about a year now with a record of 2-1

Judo i won a lot more than i lost except in the open weight division.
2nd place in the state championships.

many submission matches in gyms, friends places, army tournaments.

I am now retired from competition as i'm nearly crippled.

6'4"
260- (~20% bf [collegiate offensive tackle or both would be lower] )
BJJ in the summer, not much time during the school year.
I submitted my instructor this one time...

Haha, all I would say is that the more you tap, the more you learn.. but c'est la vie, not everything is for everyone, and so forth.

I just find something extremely relaxing about practicing the armbar, heel hook, etc. Rolling in general is way more relaxing than striking practice for me, I usually get over-excited during the standup...I have a vested interest in spending about 1 month of each of the coming years in Thailand. Muay Thai is almost a perfect martial system.

lol i was always super nervous rolling with other people. i practically would be thinking more about how quick i was gonna tap than anything else. i was always worried that someone would break a limb or would fuck up my neck from a rnc. i had chael syndrome almost and would tap really early. i guess it just wasnt for me

on the other hand i loved hitting the heavy bag, loved sparring in the ring. i felt a lot more comfortable there. guess i was in my element more

and yeah muay thai is awesome man. even the cardio based workouts that they would flog you into for months were fun to me, after a 1 week trial period i got from a friend at a gym he worked at, i was instantly hooked. dont do it anymore due to my job taking up a lot of my time but i would love to get back into it

the only thing that i found difficult was when i would transition from boxing to muay thai then back again having to change my stances and what not. even the basic techniques get slightly altered

i also noticed that a lot of the boxing crowd i was around seemed to look down on muay thai and some of the techniques i would talk to them about. never knew whether or not its a traditionally ingrained thing or whatever but it was weird

Basically train Pancrase with the boots, tights, and grabbing of the ropes.

Back