Post your reaction if Jon Jones vs Gustafsson gets announced as UFC 230 headliner at MSG

also let's remind sherdog that jones has not been tested since I think november last year...... the pieces start coming together

CIJkD6Q.png
Dana said Brock will have to be in the testing pool for six unremarkable months before he can fight again. So, given this information, no way Jones gets to MSG on that date. Besides I expect him to get substantially more than a year. He will also be the most tested fighter on the roster leading up to his next fight, all the way up until minutes before and after the fight. Jones will lose his next fight, if given Gus or DC, but I don't see him ever getting back before DC retires.

How would Jon possibly get one year? He got two last time and this is his second offense. He had zero defense whatsoever. I can't see them giving him anything less than two years. Even that would be BS since his punishment didn't increase at all on a second offense.

Dana said Brock will have to be in the testing pool for six unremarkable months before he can fight again. So, given this information, no way Jones gets to MSG on that date. Besides I expect him to get substantially more than a year. He will also be the most tested fighter on the roster leading up to his next fight, all the way up until minutes before and after the fight. Jones will lose his next fight, if given Gus or DC, but I don't see him ever getting back before DC retires.
that's brock because is retired, jones is allegedly on the pool despite being tested zero times this whole year

Last edited:
Let me clarify the Gus injury since nobody seems to comprehend anything they read. The hamstring injury is the injury we already knew about that forced Alex off of UFC 227. It's not a new injury. Gus announced the injury on July 22, so at this point he is about three weeks into rehabilitation. From a quick Google search, it looks like a severe hamstring injury can take up to 6-10 weeks to heal. So he is anywhere from 3-7 weeks from being healed up I would imagine. It's possible he could make UFC 230, but it's cutting it close.

https://www.mmanews.com/dana-white-shares-alexander-gustafsson-injury/

Anyone saying they don’t care is lying. They’re all going to watch.

Is that really a good idea though? Shouldn't they spread they're stars out? What are the chances the same people are going to fork out $65 4 months in a row?
To answer your question: they could easily pull it off over 3 months (4 would be pushing it):
Observations:
- If the UFC puts a champion on the June card, they probably don't like them.
- The UFC sold 3,280,000 buyrates in the span of 3 months (Nov 08, Dec 08, Jan 09).
- I'm once again reminded of how 2014 was such a terrible year.
Keep in mind:
-All of the above numbers are inflated (i.e. the UFC has never hit the 1.4 million buyrate for a single PPV)
-If there were multiple PPVs in a single month, I combined the numbers.

Doesn't the World Anti Doping Authority oversee USADA's results. Since USADA is a signatory to their guidelines can't they appeal a sentence if it's too lenient? I know that's happened before so I assume it applies to USADAs UFC program. The minimum for turinabol is meant to be two years and he's got a prior conviction. There will be a fair bit of attention on this case so they won't be able to get away with a slap on the wrist unnoticed. I can't see him getting less than two years and that would be lucky. Hope we find out soon at least.

That would be an insane PPV streak if true. Also I’m so down to watch clean Jones vs Gus.

Are you suggesting I'm lying or that Meltzer is wrong?

I'm telling you what Dave reported
I have no idea what you or a blogger on Forbes got wrong

Forbes online is a bunch of freelance bloggers that get shit wrong

But you can either trust me on this or keep posting incorrect info

I think my track record & history with Dave should lead you to the easy reply ;)

Maybe you are mixing up UFC 100 with Conor/Diaz 2?

I just explained that in a PM with @Myrddin Wild

Google is your friend - https://www.mmafighting.com/2016/9/...-looks-to-have-broken-ufc-pay-per-view-record

I think my track record & history with Dave should lead you to the easy reply ;)

Google is your friend - https://www.mmafighting.com/2016/9/...-looks-to-have-broken-ufc-pay-per-view-record
4 months after the article you cited:
This past week, Meltzer revealed a few more audited buy rates courtesy of the deck, including the most recent McGregor numbers. Per his subscription-only newsletter:

UFC 100 (Lesnar vs. Mir 2): 1,298,000 – down from 1.6M

UFC 196 (McGregor vs. Diaz): 1,317,000 – down from 1.6M

UFC 200 (Lesnar vs. Hunt): 1,009,000 – down from 1.2M

*UFC 202 (Diaz vs. McGregor 2): 1,317,000-plus – down from 1.65M but still the all-time record

*UFC 205 (Alvarez vs. McGregor): 1,317,000-plus – tracking slightly ahead of 196

*Final totals pending

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattco...al-ppv-numbers-big-khabib-news-3-suspensions/

Are you suggesting I'm lying or that Meltzer is wrong?

Lol.. off topic anyone?

Anywayz... it happenz.

As I understand it... Meltzer released his numbers at 1.3 mill for UFC 100... but after Dana went sooooo very public with the fact that it made 1.6 mill... meltzer adjusted his numbers assuming Dana was telling the truth.

Then when the investor info was released during the sale n stuff... it was revealed that 1.3 was the real number all along.

I digress that I have not seen anything official about the new 1.3mill number being the most legit now... nor have I seen an article from the source... but this is how I understand that situation went down.

Last edited:
Back