Post your reaction if Jon Jones vs Gustafsson gets announced as UFC 230 headliner at MSG

Anderson%20Silva%20dan%C3%A7a%20Michael%20Jackson.jpg

<{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}><{jackyeah}>

The thing is can Jones resist the fear of losing and stay clean?

Almost certainly not. He had bizarre test levels the first time he fought Cormier and popped twice thereafter when he was scheduled to face him. He's clearly very persistent. Maybe he could rematch St.-Preux clean, but Cormier?

They desperately need a BIG main event for NY so this has to be the plan.

But it would make a fucking mockery of USDA. Give the cheating prick four years.

Pretty surprised, JJ's camp hasn't shown interest in this fight

They desperately need a BIG main event for NY so this has to be the plan.

But it would make a fucking mockery of USDA. Give the cheating prick four years.

I can see 2 years, but one year for a 2nd offense?
I don't know

I recently saw in a thread regarding Meltzers UFC 227 PPV estimates, that Meltzer also claimed the UFC is hoping a one year suspension for Jones and they have a fight set up for him to headline 230 at MSG.
View attachment 419011
(Thanks @FrankieNYC )

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to find the source on google of Meltzer actually saying that, I’m guessing it was on a podcast? Couldn’t find an article though.
Brendan schaub is also throwing the rumor out there as well. Schaub and Meltzer are both guys who always have inside info on UFC plans.

So what will be your reaction if this happens? GOATJones vs Gus 2 at MSG? Or Jon vs anyone at MSG UFC 230? We could get an announcement any day now.
My reaction:

<mma4><5><Goldie11><CanYouSeeMeNow><JonesDXSuckIt><JonesLaugh>

<JonesLaugh> The GOAT is back motherfuckers .

Would be pretty cool.

Lesnar gets an immediately title shot after Steroid use.
Jones gets 1 year bann after getting caught for the 3rd time. <Moves>

Kids will learn all the benefits of using anabolic steroids

Ofc he would use steroid in a fight vs Gustafsson... no way he wants to fight that big man again without roids.
It wasnt good for his health the first time

Guess you guys missed the part where it was announced yesterday/day before that Gus is hurt(think they said it was a rib injury or something like that). As much as I'd love to see this rematch, it's not happening anytime soon.

Edit- Twas a hamstring injury.

Last edited:
<Fedor23>

Former Jones nuthugger here, but he's too unreliable. Just when you think he's got his life back on track, he falls off the rails again.

Gus doesn't deserve this fight in this stage of his career. He whines too much and seems entitled. And that's only if he's not threatening the UFC with retirement talk.

With that being said, eh, not excited about this fight.

also, doesn't gustafsson have a hamstring injury? it happened the other day i think?
Guess you guys missed the part where it was announced yesterday/day before that Gus is hurt(think they said it was a rib injury or something like that). As much as I'd love to see this rematch, it's not happening anytime soon.
“He had a serious injury to his hamstring. So he doesn’t have to do surgery. He’s doing physical therapy. And we’re hoping he can come back before the end of the year. Yeah, he was hurt…legitimate injury, and he’s working on it. We’re trying to get him in before the end of the year.” - Dana White
https://www.mmanews.com/dana-white-shares-alexander-gustafsson-injury/

I can see 2 years, but one year for a 2nd offense?
I don't know
1. Mir got two years as a first time offender for the same substance.
2. USADA doubles the suspension length for second time offenders (a la Anderson Silva getting 1 year for a tainted supplement instead of the normal 6 months).
3. Jones lied about his USADA-mandated tutorials and had his signature forged.
4. Jones lied on his supplement control form.

2 years (first time offender precedent) * Double Suspension (second time offender precedent) - 0 Leniency (lied about tutorials and supplements) = 4 years

Delusional fans ignore precedent.
Conspiracy theorists ignore that USADA makes most of its money outside of the UFC, so bribery wouldn't be worth it for them.

Are you guys all stupid?

Gustafsson is injured (yes, again!), possibly out another 2 years.
Made the news a couple days ago.

Look
At the start of the year Dana said that Diaz, Conor, brock and Jones would fight this year.
Usada is a scam and the GOAT will return

Is that really a good idea though? Shouldn't they spread they're stars out? What are the chances the same people are going to fork out $65 4 months in a row?

Fuck Dave Meltzer!

-Brotha love-

In regards to the fight ehh I wouldnt care wood watch

Back