Post your favorite bag work!

I usually just kick once and the bag breaks in half. So the workouts are very short.

There's some stuff in the 'Training of the Pros' sticky

...I need to switch gyms. The bags are usually filled up with boxers or people just dicking around. Plus there is no room...

I need to switch gyms.

[YT]e1pMXMh5jOI[/YT]

wow...... he has some incredible control and power in those hips. I am not a fan of the way the Thais tend to push the bag around (and I've seen it countless times), particularly lower down below the shoulders. Either way, it definitely adds a conditioning aspect to the bag work.

I love that Foreman video. That's some scary shit to walk by in the gym.

So I watched those videos and many others like that, and decided to do that for my bag work, instead of grinding out kicks. Wow, so much more fun and entertaining, not to mention I feel like a BAMF doing it : P

Seriously, that is the best use of time on a bag. Cannot wait to do it again. Going to dedicate my bag work to that style for now on. Spent about an hour in total on the banana bag, with water breaks. Then finished off on a regular heavy bag. Love it, and I really don't see anyone doing it at my gym. Everyone is so concerned about taking classes, people fail to work on the basic fundamentals.

Back