Elections Post Your Electoral Map! (and do quipling's quiz in the stickies)

Also, 538 has a version plugged in to their engine, which will propogate changes from one state to others based on their model. E.g., if North Carolina goes blue, the model suggests that it would be more likely for Ga to also go blue.

Kind of a cool tool they have there, but in the end the 538 model just shakes out to one simple rule this time around: Whomever wins Pennsylvania wins the election.

And that's looking very likely to be a Biden win, right now.

Book it
VOQX6.png

g18VL
data-from-usc-polling-questions-points-to-another-trump-upset-next-week

I think he takes Maine loses Arizona. And somehow Garnder keeps his seat. I see a Minnesota and Michigan Senate seat pickups

Ok what green tech can currently relapse fossil fuels ? which one actually works 24/7 and can handle the loads ?

Idiocy is pushing tech that cant even replace the old one.

For obvious reasons like energy independence.
It depends on the target you're trying to replace:
Stationary electricity, heating, lighting etc: A combination of solar, wind and hydro. Pumped storage for solar and wind, which is basically a way of converting solar and wind energy into hydro energy.
It's a matter of building that infrastructure. Also, you would keep the current nuclear power plants, while you make the transition and nuclear power plants would probably be retained in areas where you do not have enough water for pumped storage.
Natural gas would not disappear quickly but you need less and less of it.
Vehicles: Batteries charged with the above sources. Granted, heavy vehicles, farm machinery and airplanes would be most likely still run on diesel/kerosene but you can help a bit by using as much biodiesel as possible.
I guess, eventually advanced fuel cells could power planes for long distance travel.

Ok what green tech can currently relapse fossil fuels ? which one actually works 24/7 and can handle the loads ?

Idiocy is pushing tech that cant even replace the old one.

Currently? If we had it already we wouldn't need to invest in it. There is a ton of promising tech. China is killing us right now and we need to keep up to stay competitive.

I think he takes Maine loses Arizona. And somehow Garnder keeps his seat. I see a Minnesota and Michigan Senate seat pickups
Maine pretty much always votes democrat for president, except for the 2nd district. He'll get one vote from Maine, Biden will get the other 3.

Hes not banning fossil fuel. Do you understand what move away from means?

When my first girlfriend made the decision to move away from me it was a ban for all intents and purposes. :(

Last edited:
l1ykd.png

It’s 2020. We’re going to get stuck with this after 2 months of fighting over things in the courts

I've played around with this scenario and it pretty much requires Wisconsin going red no matter what....which is extremely unlikely given that Trump is actually further behind Biden there than in Michigan.

If you haven't gotten in on the Official WR prediction contest, do it here: https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/war-room-election-prediction-thread-wow-official.4143451/

This is from www.270towin.com. As in previous elections, you can click state-by-state, and to save time you can adjust old results maps. Then click "share map" and copy/paste the image url here. Having whiffed completely last time around, I'm getting redemption and calling all 50:
Will try from desktop later, this ain't working on my phone
klbRG.png

Last edited:
If you haven't gotten in on the Official WR prediction contest, do it here: https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/war-room-election-prediction-thread-wow-official.4143451/

This is from www.270towin.com. As in previous elections, you can click state-by-state, and to save time you can adjust old results maps. Then click "share map" and copy/paste the image url here. Having whiffed completely last time around, I'm getting redemption and calling all 50:

Av4y2.png
Dang dude, I agree with all of this, save for that maybe Iowa will go for Trump. And maybe Arizona for Beijing.

Back