Post your best examples of Dana White being a reasonable person

EdmundsEmptyBankAccount

Pulsing expert from Pulsylvania
Reaction score
Simple concept: I'm interested in watching any video clips where Dana comes across as
- reasonable
- sympathetic
Should be a pretty quick thread? <45>

EDIT: people want to know why. I am trying to understand him, foolhardy as that may be. it came up in this thread.
"I find Dana fascinating .... he seems incapable of feeling bad for pushing people to fight "in an exciting manner" (do you want to be a fucking fighter?)
.... except for when it comes to Chuck, where he can see both 1. his friend and 2. a fighter with brain damage accelerated by a style Dana promoted to the eyes of millions ..."​

My best example: he reacts to the Chuck/Tito fight on the fly, appears to half consider it in his head for a second, then vehemently says no way.
bonus points for sounding like a future prophet on the fly: "Nobody that cares about chuck should let him fight"

edit: holy shit Dana looks like a bloated punched up pink version of Billy Corgan
120313-billy-corgan-640x426.png

Last edited:
Remove the snide remarks, this thread goes nowhere

Why are you interested in watching that? Why would you want people to change your mind on Dana?

I like how he uses the word fun instead of lucrative.

When brock won the champion it was lucrative.

Why are you interested in watching that? Why would you want people to change your mind on Dana?
I just want to expand my mind.
It came up in this thread.

"I find Dana fascinating .... he seems incapable of feeling bad for pushing people to fight "in an exciting manner" (do you want to be a fucking fighter?)
.... except for when it comes to Chuck, where he can see both 1. his friend and 2. a fighter with brain damage accelerated by a style Dana promoted to the eyes of millions ..."

I am trying to understand him, foolhardy as that may be.

I like how he uses the word fun instead of lucrative.

When brock won the champion it was lucrative.

from the perspective of a promoter, i can imagine making assloads of money off Brock Lesnar is fun as fuck.

INTERESTINGLY, Dana wasn't always of the opinion Brock is Fun, as Brock explained after UFC 100 where he pumped Coors cuz Bud Light won't pay him nuthin.
“Man, I was so jacked up. I'm used to selling pay-per-view tickets, OK? I come from a business that is purely entertainment. Dana came back, and we had our whip the dog session, and I screwed up, and I apologise.”

You could find clips of Hitler being nice..

You could find clips of Hitler being nice..
apparently he was a vegetarian who banned all animal experimentation...

understanding motivations is pretty fascinating, despite the horrific nature of certain subjects

it is through understanding evil that we can more confidently behave as a force of good.

Well. Judging from a deeper perspective of money, he gave people a somewhat better chance at making millions from being a fighter, for some people it's certainly a better opportunity than working 9-5 boring ass, pathetic dead end job for minimum wage with little to no room for advancement.

Well. Judging from a deeper perspective of money, he gave people a somewhat better chance at making millions from being a fighter, for some people it's certainly a better opportunity than working 9-5 boring ass, pathetic dead end job for minimum wage with little to no room for advancement.

that's true, but hard to find neatly encapsulated in a video clip.
i have no doubt that Dana has created opportunity for countless people
I'm a bit more grey on what his motivations were and the level of consideration he gave to the particular choices he made. Particularly around encouraging a "fan friendly" style of not fighting where you have best chance of defending yourself...

Back