Post Workout Meal

Kdup

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
What is your favorite post workout meal? I drink a shake, then eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on white bread. What is typical for you?

Pretty much just eat real meals no matter what these days. White rice, ground beef, and some veggies are a staple....drench that shit in coconut aminos for some good flavor. I make big batches of stuff and usually have a lot on hand ready to be heated up.

I always have hard boiled eggs and cans of tuna on hand if I'm looking for convenience. I'll finish that protein and then eat some type of fruit and maybe a few rice cakes for extra carbs.

Just whatever my next scheduled meal is. I take in carbs (HBCD) and EAA's intra workout so no rush to try to re-up.

My home gym is almost complete so been timing workouts before dinner. Satisfying.

Tuna, small amount of relish, noodles, pepper. (No salt) is my go to.

As a jew, gross.
Salt beef bagels are top tier tho.

After weights I have a protein shake with some form of juice or a banana. I've also started adding a shot of concentrated acai & pomegranate for the antioxidants.
Aside from that I stick to real food as much as possible.
Egg & egg whites/chicken breast/tuna/steak with whatever veggies or salad. Hitting your macros over the day is more important than timing.

Shwarma? Chicken, bread, hummus, red cabbage, etc

Shwarma isnt jew food, though we eat it. There is a reason we Usually, we buy chinese ;)

Hummus is nasty. Or as they say at shabbas, cccchhhummus.

Salt beef bagels are top tier tho.

After weights I have a protein shake with some form of juice or a banana. I've also started adding a shot of concentrated acai & pomegranate for the antioxidants.
Aside from that I stick to real food as much as possible.
Egg & egg whites/chicken breast/tuna/steak with whatever veggies or salad. Hitting your macros over the day is more important than timing.

With extra shmeeer?

Shwarma isnt jew food, though we eat it. There is a reason we Usually, we buy chinese ;)

Hummus is nasty. Or as they say at shabbas, cccchhhummus.
Oh. Well the local food place owned by a Jewish dude called shaloha (shalom + Aloha) sells shwarma, schnitzel, falafel and stuff like that

Oh. Well the local food place owned by a Jewish dude called shaloha (shalom + Aloha) sells shwarma, schnitzel, falafel and stuff like that

If you like it thats fine, its healthy. I just find it gross or bland mostly.

my fav is oven french fries,eggs with mayo and sometimes i add a well done steak

Since i cant post beacause i have less than 150 messages i would like to ask my question here if someone can awnser it that would be nice

iv been doing combat sport for 3 years not lifting alot this year i started lifting 1-3 times a week max to build muscles in specific places to prevent injuries etc
in my boxing, mma training we always do resistance and conditioning at the end im on a weight loss journey i know that i need protein in my diet and a good ammount for my weight im 130kg i dont really have the time to cook sometimes so i wanted for the first time to take whey protein but someone in my family told me that my level wasn't advanced enough and it was useless when i told him about anabolic window and i had to eat protein max 1 hour after my workout having a shaker was alot easier instead of cooking etc but he told me that my anabolic window was open for more than a hour beacause of my newbie level (in weight lifting), but my level in other sport is more advanced im used to train at least 3 times a week high intensity workouts so for me its pretty much the same workout is workout, im not trying to "bulk" just to have my minimum requierement of protein to build muscle and maintain etc

any advice ? thanks

Since i cant post beacause i have less than 150 messages i would like to ask my question here if someone can awnser it that would be nice

iv been doing combat sport for 3 years not lifting alot this year i started lifting 1-3 times a week max to build muscles in specific places to prevent injuries etc
in my boxing, mma training we always do resistance and conditioning at the end im on a weight loss journey i know that i need protein in my diet and a good ammount for my weight im 130kg i dont really have the time to cook sometimes so i wanted for the first time to take whey protein but someone in my family told me that my level wasn't advanced enough and it was useless when i told him about anabolic window and i had to eat protein max 1 hour after my workout having a shaker was alot easier instead of cooking etc but he told me that my anabolic window was open for more than a hour beacause of my newbie level (in weight lifting), but my level in other sport is more advanced im used to train at least 3 times a week high intensity workouts so for me its pretty much the same workout is workout, im not trying to "bulk" just to have my minimum requierement of protein to build muscle and maintain etc

any advice ? thanks

Whey is fine for anyone, athlete or not. I have elderly patients that supplement with it all the time and they certainly aren't at an "advanced level"......whatever the fuck that means. Lol, in terms of age they're super advanced though. Don't worry about the anabolic window, it's way overblown by the companies trying to sell you protein supplements. The only time when post workout nutrition is really important is if you do your lifting/boxing/MMA training in a fasted state. At that point you probably want to get a meal in as quickly as possible. However, if you've eaten balanced meal an hour or two before working out your body will be slowly digesting and absorbing that protein for hours to come so there's no real need to satisfy that anabolic window. And to get the most anabolic effect out of protein it's usually best to get it in large, bolus amounts. 30g or more of complete protein at once will typically give you enough Leucine to kick off muscle protein synthesis. I try to take in at least that amount during my main meals.

So regarding convenience, you can basically have whey any time of the day, it doesn't really matter. I mean.......I wouldn't slam 150g worth of protein in one sitting, you'll get an upset tummy that way. Just be sensible. How much you eat and what you eat are almost always more important than when.

Also, disown that idiot in your family.

Whey is fine for anyone, athlete or not. I have elderly patients that supplement with it all the time and they certainly aren't at an "advanced level"......whatever the fuck that means. Lol, in terms of age they're super advanced though. Don't worry about the anabolic window, it's way overblown by the companies trying to sell you protein supplements. The only time when post workout nutrition is really important is if you do your lifting/boxing/MMA training in a fasted state. At that point you probably want to get a meal in as quickly as possible. However, if you've eaten balanced meal an hour or two before working out your body will be slowly digesting and absorbing that protein for hours to come so there's no real need to satisfy that anabolic window. And to get the most anabolic effect out of protein it's usually best to get it in large, bolus amounts. 30g or more of complete protein at once will typically give you enough Leucine to kick off muscle protein synthesis. I try to take in at least that amount during my main meals.

So regarding convenience, you can basically have whey any time of the day, it doesn't really matter. I mean.......I wouldn't slam 150g worth of protein in one sitting, you'll get an upset tummy that way. Just be sensible. How much you eat and what you eat are almost always more important than when.

Also, disown that idiot in your family.

This is what i thought im glad to learn that its going to save me time and help with my diet, i was sure that i could consume it i aleardy did few times a friend of mine gave me some never got any problem even with digestion now im sure a 100% , the guy in my family is my brother btw he thought that beacause of my 130kg that could be harmful for me, make me have water retention or high blood pressure (3 years ago i had a history with that it was higher than usual not a big deal now it been at least 2 years thats my tension is normal never got this problem again even then it was in a period of 4 months (i wasnt eating healthy at the time) i did blood test everything is fine too even the doctors never told me i had health problems related with this except for my obesity

anyway thank you for the anwser hope it help others people too ! (sry for my english its not my native language)

Real Food, Some Broiled Blackened Chicken with a Turkish style salad of veggies with a dressing of Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Lemon and Onions.

Good Meal and healthy.

Falafel, baba ganoush, hummus, latkes, knishes = Good shit.
Gefilte fish = Fucking nasty.

Back