Post UFC 173: So who's more "marketable" now, Dillashaw or Barao?

They're the same, the masses don't about 135 lb male MMA fighters.

you mean YOU dont care about 135lb fighters...... the "masses" as you put it appreciate great fighters

I generally think the better fighter is more marketable

While it's a fact that more people in the world speak English (even just the most basic), are there more "white, blonde guy(s)" who can relate to a "white, blonde guy" UFC champion?

Why would there need to be? That's not how it works.

526x297-KAq.jpg

VS

tj-dillashaw-4.jpg

But seriously I think Dillashaw has more potential to tap.

you mean YOU dont care about 135lb fighters...... the "masses" as you put it appreciate great fighters

Then why was Aldo and Barao drawing the least amount of PPV Buys as champs? Why is Mighty Mouse constantly fighting on free tv and not headlining events?

Why would there need to be? That's not how it works.

I know, in my country (being a former Spanish then USA colony), generally the equation is: White, blonde guy/gal (Caucasian, in short) = exceptionally handsome/beautiful. Just telling the truth. :icon_neut

Doesn't matter cuz Cruz is gonna come and take back his belt.

How? He'll be fighting a guy who is faster and has more power. I can't imagine him being able to effectively use his chaotic foot work against a guy like TJ. Plus, no one knows what he'll be like after all of these injuries. His prime could of already passed him by...

While it's a fact that more people in the world speak English (even just the most basic), are there more "white, blonde guy(s)" who can relate to a "white, blonde guy" UFC champion?

I can relate as I share near identical phenotypical qualities with TJ :D

Did you see how happy Lorenzo looked? possible he was smiling because he just saw a huge upset, also possible that he sees a guy in Dillashaw that will be 50 times easier to market than Barao.

They don`t want market a fighter... They want a fighter that has an auto market so they can focus on UFC brand... If they actually spend money to market a fighter even if they don`t speak English or are ugly like sherdog says things would be different.

Neither brother, they're both vanilla midgets who never drew a dime Jack!

14mz66e.gif

not very easy to say, while TJ is the more presentable fighter, plus he speaks english, barao had a mystique, plus he looked kindo sinister :D
all depends on how the UFC tries to spin this, because it might be that TJ would not hold the belt for very long

When the eventual rift with Faber comes, theyre gonna milk that storyline for all its worth. Its gonna be like Evans vs Jones/Jackson but in mini form.

And it will be the most marketable small man fight in ufc history. But ufc will probably ruin that momentum by making them do a dumbass TUF season first.

I literally think every single word you just wrote will come true.

Back