Post-debate Republican Candidate Polls are IN

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by GearSolidMetal, Aug 10, 2015.

1. GearSolidMetal

GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-pre...y-monkey-poll-donald-trump-still-lead-n406766

As much fun as the debates were, guaging which candidates did well or badly is purely determined by the poll results afterward. I recall hearing how Trump's candidacy is practically over, and Jeb Bush had a great night by not saying anything wrong and therefore winning the night. Also I heard how Kasich's answers would skyrocket because he led voters to believe that Republicans 'care about people.'

So, let's see the numbers.

[​IMG]

Trump (23%) +1 [From 22% last week]
    Cruz (13%) +7 [From 6% last week]
    Carson (11%) +3 [From 8%]
    Fiorina (8%) +6 [From 2%]
    Rubio (8%) +0
    Huckabee (6%) +1 [From 5%]

Those were the winners of the debates, and what's even more interesting are the losers.

Bush (7%) -3 [From 10% last week]
    Walker (7%) -3 [From 10%]
    Paul (5%) -1 [From 6%]
    Kasich (2%) -1 [From 3%]
    Christie (1%) -2 [From 3%]
    Santorum (0%) -1 [From 1%]

I've been saying for months that talking about how successful candidates are going to be is fun, but completely useless until the debates start. And holy shit was I right.

Two more things I've been saying is that Bush seems wooden, and that Cruz's numbers would rise once the debates begin. I never guessed they were going to double, and if that's accurate, wow... I was more right than I expected to be after the very first debate.

I've said that Bush's script is written by a smooth talker, but Bush isn't a smooth talker, so the deception falls flat. Even when the moderators gave him softball questions, his answers still fall flat.

Walker, who I understand is a good potential candidate, also fell flat. He's a good state govenor, but he's a less-than-average speaker on the national stage, and this debate is a prime example of that.

Kasich, Christie, and Santorum will probably be out of the race within a month, if that.

What's your impressions on the numbers?

Also, there's many polls out there, but they basically say the same thing with the percentages off by a point or two.

2. wlu29

wlu29 Banned Banned

I don't typically follow politics but are the number of candidates this year unusually higher than normal?

3. AVX

AVX Yellow Belt

Cruz, Bush, Rubio, and Walker will make it to the final four imo.

4. LogicalInsanity

LogicalInsanity Co-Founder of SDLS (Sexual Deviant Leftist Scum)

Cruz is definitely legit....I drastically underestimated him...

He's quite a brilliant debater.

5. GearSolidMetal

Yes. And abnormally low for the Democrats.

There were 16 candidates on the debate stage on Thursday.

6. Rex Kwon Do

Rex Kwon Do ál-ḥámdúlílláh

I don't understand how Carson came out of this as well as he did. Was it that little joke at the last minute about how the pols in Washington seem like they've had half their brains removed? If so, George was right.

7. Quipling

Quipling Silver Belt

I'm a little distrustful of a surveymonkey poll. I'll wait until some more established polling firms come out.

8. GearSolidMetal

I'm actually distrustful of Fox News's poll that said Bush gained a point.

If this turns out to be bull, and NBC's poll is more legit and Fox is just proping up their boy, then I can't recall a single news organization I've lost respect for quicker than Fox News. I mean, I always took their coverage with a grain of salt, obviously. But they've nearly lost complete credibility to me within a matter of days, revolving around a single event.

9. Gluteus Swag

Gluteus Swag Green Belt

Hopefully the bottom 10-12~ or so drop out. Complete waste of everybodies time

10. Hope to god Trump runs as a 3rd party.

Cruz is a snake. But he talks good and will deceive Americans. LOL at Cruz saying that "Ronald Reagan stood up to the Washington Cartel"

HAHAHA LOL!!!

Who does he think we are?

11. Gluteus Swag

Gluteus Swag Green Belt

My sociopath-dar goes kray when I listen to him.

12. GearSolidMetal

It's just a matter of time and money.

13. Thankfully Cruz is too radical to win a national election. A man with such extreme points that he has is generally unpopular. But my god is he a great talker

If I didn't know any better i'd think he was telling the truth in this video.

[YT]oSsFI8kzpOw[/YT]

14. Rex Kwon Do

Rex Kwon Do ál-ḥámdúlílláh

Dude...no offense, but aren't you supporting Hillbot in this election?

15. Adamant

Adamant GOLD BELT

Cruz is fantastic. Of course Libtards are gonna hate him.

16. jk7707

jk7707 Red Belt

I love how the Republicans are now all aboard the "get tougher on Iran" bandwagon just because Obama actually managed to negotiate a deal with them. Guess what morons? The sanctions that you're talking about didn't work. And they won't work in the future.

I like Obama's strategy for Iran and Cuba. Bring them closer to us and allow them to experience what it's like here instead of trying to starve them into compliance.

17. JDragon

JDragon DOX News Anchor Platinum Member

There also a new Reuters / Ipsos poll which is equally ridiculous. Cannot trust those figures.

However, there is a pattern: Trump remains strong, Bush lost support, and Cruz gained.

Is it possible that where Dubya was somewhat charismatic, Jeb is lacking exactly that?

18. Arkain2K

Arkain2K Si vis pacem, para bellum

Trump will run as an independent after the GOP nominate somebody else, that much I'm certain.

19. kahiljabroni

kahiljabroni Black Belt

From what i hear cruz is absolutely brilliant and just getting started. I hope trump continues to dominate but assuming he drops out ive got rubio and cruz as the two left standing. Btw fox has always been a joke but i agree that they were totally expoused during that spectacle.

20. JDragon

JDragon DOX News Anchor Platinum Member

Cruz is smart but the last guy on earth one would like to drink a beer with. Think back in time; who was the last President fir whom this was true? Maybe Nixon?