Post cool pics of yourself grappling or wrestling

Rory McDonell

Green Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Post the coolest picture you have of yourself in grappling competition. Any style. Extra points for huge throws, or looks of pain on the opponents face.

This is me turning a guy with a power half. I got two points from it. He broke my nose in this match, which is why I have blood running down my nose. I won the match though.

powerhalf.jpg

i'm suprised you didn't break his arm

rory_44 said:
Post the coolest picture you have of yourself in grappling competition. Any style. Extra points for huge throws, or looks of pain on the opponents face.

This is me turning a guy with a power half. I got two points from it. He broke my nose in this match, which is why I have blood running down my nose. I won the match though.

Did you email Kyle Rodriguez for permission to post that picture :wink:

Kyle Rodriguez and I are good friends :wink:

Wheres everyone elses pics? Even just good shots from tourneys

Im the one with no shirt it was my first competition,this was at NAGA in FL im 18 years old welter weight division, ive been training for about 7 months i won 2 fights via guillatine, and rear naked choke.

Agreed. I feel bad for that kid.

7290734.jpg

That's me in my second submission wrestling tourny, I'm the one applying the armbar. The picture is taken a bit too late though so I'm already loosening my grip.

I posted this the other day in another thread, but I like it a lot anyways. Same match as the fist pic.
And for everyone else, I'd love to see some cool submissions or take downs. Keep em coming.

roryfrontheadlock.jpg

neo34tz.jpg

This is me, on my first sub.grappling tournament. I had a really good triangle, but my opponent slamed me few times and escaped. I lost match for 1 point

@ Afrofeet
Yeah, cause you let him posture: not controlling his head, not going with the right hand UNDER his leg for breaking posture or sweep. If you want to tighten the triangle it's better to grab your shin instead of your feet. It can damage your ankle... JMO

tudor_bjj said:
@ Afrofeet
Yeah, cause you let him posture: not controlling his head, not going with the right hand UNDER his leg for breaking posture or sweep. If you want to tighten the triangle it's better to grab your shin instead of your feet. It can damage your ankle... JMO
I know! I WERE controling his head, but he lifted me up (he was really strong), I know all this but it was my first time, so I was litle confused :)
when I looked it on a tape i could recognize myself (im better on training). I think I need more experience

tudor_bjj said:
@ Afrofeet

Yeah, where's your pic smartass lol.

Afrofeet said:
I know! I WERE controling his head, but he lifted me up (he was really strong), I know all this but it was my first time, so I was litle confused :)
when I looked it on a tape i could recognize myself (im better on training). I think I need more experience
Bro, the exact shit happened to me in the open division of Copa de Espana... I was fighting a guy 10 kg above me from Gracie Barcelona. Had him in the triangle and he begun to stack me. All I had to do was grab his leg and sweep him. Why it never came, I don't know? But bare in mind that is one of my fave combos triangle, grab foot, sweep. Not to mention that I had him in 2 tight armbars from guard... Damn, I was nervous...

Back