Post Cain JDS vs Lesnar?

daryldeal

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Will lesnar give the same problem Cain gave to JDS?

In the first 2 minutes of the fight Dos Santos did a good job stuffing the shots and getting up when taken down. It forced Cain to mix up his strikes and takedowns, Velasquez had success doing this but Lesnar would not... JDS would stuff him or pop back up and Tko Brock at some point early on.

A motivated, pre-disease Brock (with that look in his eye) would literally cream JDS.

i'll answer a slightly different question: Does the 2nd Cain/JDS fight change my mind about how Lesnar/JDS would've gone?

A little.

At the time, the only tests of JDS' takedown defense was pretty much a weak attempt from Gonzaga, so it was a big question mark.

Once Cain JDS up against the cage, he was able to get him down pretty easily but he did spring right back up.

So I definitely think Brock would've gotten him down, the big question would be could he keep him down, and could his cardio stand having to try to take him down repeatedly if jds kept getting up

Pre illness lesnar would have smashed them both. And its funny.. because they trained a lot longer than brock

Interesting question. But we really don't have too much information to base any opinion because of Brock's short career. But he did take Cain down for a bit. He could have caught Junior off guard, but who knows.

Will lesnar give the same problem Cain gave to JDS?

Cardio might be an issue but dispite Rogans hype I don't think it was the wrestling that lost JDS this fight(for me the first 3-4 mins were actually the best display of counter wrestling we've seen from him), it was the standup.

Lesnar simpley wouldnt have been capable of hustling Jnr the way Cain did, he would have been standing back showing him respect as most guys have leaving the openings for those big looping punches, then when one landed he most most likely have paniced and gotten TKOed.

Lesnar doesn't have gas to push the pace against JDS.
Lesnar is afraid to get hit.

No

Brock doesnt have Cain's pace and relentless wrestling attack

Even if Brock got JDS down,JDS would have sprong right back up,Brock would have gassed and got KTFO

Lesnar lost, I think from the other thread, cause i have no friggin' idea, Cena should be up next..

No, the second JDS hit Brock with anything, it would have been over. Plus, Cain put a lot of pressure on JDS with his hands, which Brock would have failed to do. No version of Brock beats any version of JDS, and this is coming from the biggest Cain fan ever.

FYI

Lesnar no longer fights in the UFC, so your thread topic

WILL LESNAR is moot, a hypothetical, WOULD HAVE might have worked, but not really relevent.

So,

This thread space will now become about Koala Bears.

Please enjoy..

Koala is the only mammal, other than the Greater Glider and Ringtail Possum, which can survive on a diet of eucalyptus leaves.

More facts to come..

koala_597_600x450.jpg

Fossil remains of koala-like animals have been found dating back to 25 - 40 million years ago.

FYI

Lesnar no longer fights in the UFC, so your thread topic

WILL LESNAR is moot, a hypothetical, WOULD HAVE might have worked, but not really relevent.

So,

This thread space will now become about Koala Bears.

Please enjoy..

Koala is the only mammal, other than the Greater Glider and Ringtail Possum, which can survive on a diet of eucalyptus leaves.

More facts to come..

koala_597_600x450.jpg

roflbotel.jpg

That is some creative and crafty Koala action

and I've seen a lot of professional Koala fights, in my day

Back