post ATGs and their best performance

This is post-accident Cleveland but still, Ali's performance is flawless and magical. He was brilliant next year too against Folley and Terrell. IMO he was reaching his peak at that point. But I don't think he was at his 'absolute prime' quiet yet. Had he not been banned from boxing and had he continued to fight with the same frequency I believe 1969 would have been his absolute peak.

This is post-accident Cleveland but still, Ali's performance is flawless and magical. He was brilliant next year too against Folley and Terrell. IMO he was reaching his peak at that point. But I don't think he was at his 'absolute prime' quiet yet. Had he not been banned from boxing and had he continued to fight with the same frequency I believe 1969 would have been his absolute peak.
Yeah Ali lost 3 years out of his prime plus all the momentum that he'd built, not to mention having to deal with the financial, social, and psychological fallout of being convicted as a criminal. I have to remind myself of that when I evaluate him in terms of being the greatest.

Even though Dan Miragliotta would've probably put up a better fight than Frank Mir, this is still a testament to the greatness of the great one Kubrat "Kubrat Pulev" Pulev.

A modern day "Rumble in the Jungle" so to speak:

Last edited:
What do ya'll consider to be Pac's best performance? It's a tough choice with someone who had so many good scraps, but many people drop the Margarito & Cotto fights:

What do ya'll consider to be Pac's best performance? It's a tough choice with someone who had so many good scraps, but many people drop the Margarito & Cotto fights:

Marg was a great win because he was such a big and durable man but ultimately did not have loaded gloves.

The way he beat down Cotto was amazing.

Why is Margarito even a good win ? It was at a CW against a Margarito coming off the TKO loss versus old Mosley. Without plaster the guy was ordinary. Never understood his hype...Carlos Baldomir with plaster. Did I miss something ???

Cotto win was good. Personally I liked the DLH win and Bradley 1 win. Bradley was a prime, undefeated fighter and he lost straight up. Sure people can say DLH was shot or drained but he was such a prohibitive favorite for a reason. Manny just beat him to the punch in every exchange...makes excuses easy when its that one-sided

209388_184301694954197_1001620_o.jpg

Why is Margarito even a good win ? It was at a CW against a Margarito coming off the TKO loss versus old Mosley. Without plaster the guy was ordinary. Never understood his hype...Carlos Baldomir with plaster. Did I miss something ???
It was a good showcase for Pac,to be his punching bag and not go down.

It was a good showcase for Pac,to be his punching bag and not go down.

Ya...and it only cost Margarito an eye. Jesus :-/

In seriousness though I believe his eye is actually okay. He needed orbital bone restructuring and thats why his eye looks different/weird

Ya...and it only cost Margarito an eye. Jesus :-/

In seriousness though I believe his eye is actually okay. He needed orbital bone restructuring and thats why his eye looks different/weird
If his eye is okay why didnt he keep fighting after Cotto II ?

If his eye is okay why didnt he keep fighting after Cotto II ?

He did fight at least once after Cotto 2, Alvarezs brother actually.

I think his eye is at increased risk for damage so theres no sense in continuing to fight unless its big bucks. Margarito beat Canelo's brother in hopes of getting a grudge match payday but Canelo thankfully shot that down

Sugar Shane did it first and did it better.

With James Toney it's fairly easy:

even though I really liked the fat version of Toney too:

when I first clicked thread, was thinking I would do Toney vs Jirov, thinking it wouldnt have been posted lol.

Now I'll go with these two

Back