Post-Apocalyptic Thriller CHAOS WALKING (First Official Trailer)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Daisy Ridley to Star in Doug Liman's Post-Apocalyptic Thriller CHAOS WALKING

R4j9qYG.png

Star Wars: The Force Awakens star Daisy Ridley has signed on to topline Lionsgate's YA adaptation Chaos Walking.

Doug Liman is directing the post-apocalyptic thriller, which takes place in a world where all living creatures can hear one another's thoughts in a stream of images, words and sounds called Noise.

Lionsgate picked up the rights to Patrick Ness’ best-selling young-adult trilogy in 2011. Oscar-winning screenwriter Charlie Kaufman (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) adapted the book, and Jamie Linden (Money Monster) penned a draft.

Before Star Wars, Ridley was a relative unknown. Since starring in the Lucasfilm and Disney project, the actress has booked several other films, including Ophelia with Naomi Watts and drama The Lost Wife. She also recently shot Star Wars: Episode VIII.

Daisy Ridley to Star in YA Adaptation 'Chaos Walking' Directed by Doug Liman

This project seems very promising. The sci-fi premise sounds intriguing. Edge of Tomorrow's Doug Liman is directing and Charlie Kaufman is adapting it. Plus Daisy Ridley is in this.

It does sound intriguing. Has a good crew behind it, too.

That's cool, I'm down for anything with Ridley for now. She seems sweet, can't believe haters chased her off Instagram and got her to delete her account

Nice. I want to eventually see her in a nice drama. I wanna see her range.

That's cool, I'm down for anything with Ridley for now. She seems sweet, can't believe haters chased her off Instagram and got her to delete her account
What's the story behind this? I haven't heard it before.

People can be so small.

There are members of this very forum who are so hostile, so negative it's difficult to imagine what they're like in the real world.

I wonder what the internet would be like if there was no anonymity, and everyone you knew could see everything you say.

It's a 'young adult' trilogy?

That doesn't sound promising.

People can be so small.

There are members of this very forum who are so hostile, so negative it's difficult to imagine what they're like in the real world.

I wonder what the internet would be like if there was no anonymity, and everyone you knew could see everything you say.

<36>

What's the story behind this? I haven't heard it before.

Sounds like it was petty stuff, but she made a comment on gun violence which always gets people ruffled.

A day after attending the Teen Choice awards, during which Jessica Alba paid tribute to victims of gun violence by having young relatives of shooting victims join her on stage, Ridley posted a message to her social media platforms, which read:

“As I sat in the audience yesterday, tears were streaming down my face at the tribute to those that have been lost to gun violence. I didn’t get a great picture of the incredible group that came onstage but they were so brave. It was a true moment of togetherness. We must ‪#‎stoptheviolence‬.”

A slew of comments followed. Many praised the actor’s words, while some criticized her for speaking out, accusing her of hypocrisy due to the violence in the Star Wars franchise.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/aug/04/daisy-ridley-social-media-break-gun-violence-post

I bet human beings are the "Chaos Walking" all the animals think about. Because it will be very subtle.

cool, Doug Liman is a solid director and I'm a fan of post-apocalyptic stuff

The premise sounds like it was tailor made to be turned into a film.

Daisy seems cool. I like hearing that her and Boyega already have interesting stuff lined up outside of Star Wars.

Hopefully there will be no more Jake Lloyd/Hayden Christensen type shenanigans going on.

I've been watching too much petite pron. I saw the title and thought Riley Reid was going to be in a new show.

Update: November 28, 2016

Tom Holland Joins Doug Liman's Post-Apocalyptic Thriller CHAOS WALKING

DzyKmmD.png

Tom Holland, who is playing Spider-Man in next year’s Spider-Man: Homecoming, is in negotiations to join Daisy Ridley in Lionsgate’s post-apocalyptic thriller Chaos Walking.

Doug Liman is directing the project, an adaptation of the best-selling YA novel by Patrick Ness.

The story takes place in a world where all women have been killed by a germ and all living creatures can hear one another's thoughts in a stream of images, words and sounds called Noise.

Holland would star as a boy forced to flee his town with his loyal dog and who comes upon a strange sight: a girl (Ridley).

Oscar-winning screenwriter Charlie Kaufman (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) worked on the script, as did Jamie Linden (Money Monster).

Holland made his feature debut with the 2012 tsunami drama The Impossible and made a splashy superhero debut as Peter Parker in this year’s Captain America: Civil War. Earlier this month, he signed on for a key role opposite Benedict Cumberbatch and Michael Shannon in the period drama The Current War.

Tom Holland in Talks to Join Daisy Ridley in Doug Liman's Post-Apocalyptic Thriller 'Chaos Walking'

Back