Possum saves her baby from a snake.

<Kpop01>
what's with all the illiterates on sherdog
Grammar nazi.
“I’d of”I’d a fairly common spoken expression in the US. Maybe you ain’t as learned as you think. Hopefully my post will embiggen you.

The odds of them contracting rabies is minuscule, something like ten have ever tested positive ( they were literally injected with the virus). They eat ticks (which can transmit Lyme disease among others) and enjoy eating venomous snakes (not a plus in my book as I love them too). To say you don’t like something because you think it’s ugly is extremely juvenile when in fact you’re wrong. They’re adorable

I'm certainly no opossum expert or animal expert in general like you are. The first time I ever saw one, I didn't know what the hell it was and it was an unnerving experience. It was coming out of a wooded area right in front of me as I was walking past. We engaged in an awkward staring contest as I pondered if it was rabid or not. Was relieved when we finally went our separate ways.

That's good to know that they're not susceptible to rabies. It's not like I have anything against them, or think they're dangerous animals at this point. But seeing them is still unnerving, especially the way they stare at you. I'd rather not see them. I've even tried to watch videos of them as pets in order to feel more comfortable with them, but they just freak me out a little. I don't think that makes me immature or anything, it's just how I happen to feel about a wild animal that most people find to be extremely ugly.

<Kpop01>
what's with all the illiterates on sherdog
To begin with, you should have capitalized the first letter in your sentence, as well as ended it with a question mark. You are correct that the person you quoted should have wrote "I'd have" or "I would have." But if you're going to be a "grammar Nazi," you need to make sure your own grammar is in order. ;)

To begin with, you should have capitalized the first letter in your sentence, as well as ended it with a question mark. You are correct that the person you quoted should have wrote "I'd have" or "I would have." But if you're going to be a "grammar Nazi," you need to make sure your own grammar is in order. ;)
<Kpop01>

Grammar nazi.
“I’d of”I’d a fairly common spoken expression in the US. Maybe you ain’t as learned as you think. Hopefully my post will embiggen you.
I hear you. But even though the "have" in "I would have" or "I'd have" is pronounced like "of," it should still be written as "have" because that's the correct word to use there.

I hear you. But even though the "have" in "I would have" or "I'd have" is pronounced like "of," it should still be written as "have" because that's the correct word to use there.
That’s all correct, but let’s be realistic... this is a karate forum we shouldn’t expect perfect grammar and dragging on other posters for it seems like sandy vagina territory.

Especially for writing the way you speak on a message board does not seem out of place at all.

That’s all correct, but let’s be realistic... this is a karate forum we shouldn’t expect perfect grammar and dragging on other posters for it seems like sandy vagina territory.

Especially for writing the way you speak on a message board does not seem out of place at all.
Yeah, the only reason I even bothered is because I saw it was brought up, so I figured if it's going to be done, it might as well be done right.

see, I don't mind if someone shortens "Could have" to "coulda" because it is a natural transcription of the spoken words. But writing out "could of" is an utter embarassment and destroys any credibility the writer may have. Pure unintended ignorance and a violation of the english language.

Im pretty sure they're out west. I'm not too sure. I live on the east coast.

They're in the Southeast as far north as TN or maybe a few of them have migrated even farther up. I used to only see them down near Florida years ago.

see, I don't mind if someone shortens "Could have" to "coulda" because it is a natural transcription of the spoken words. But writing out "could of" is an utter embarassment and destroys any credibility the writer may have. Pure unintended ignorance and a violation of the english language.
lol its a language calm down bud.. the rules were made to be broken!

No offense, but you really need to work on your capitalization. Again, if you're going to critique others on grammar, you need to have your own grammar in order first.

No offense, but you really need to work on your capitalization. Again, if you're going to critique others on grammar, you need to have your own grammar in order first.
look through my entire post history brah. I ALWAYS start off the first sentence without capitalization. It's my brand.

Totally insane.

You have many of those in the US?

I saw a few in Florida years and years ago. Only one time in probably 50+ trips to Florida.

As for possi' bois, aint no possi boy ever caused me no trouble, so I got nothing against them.

Your possum's are a lot different looking than ours:

990012_orig.jpg

Most don't like them because they look like giant rats. I think they're pretty cool though and get a bad rap. They eat a ton of things we don't like, such as cockroaches. So having them around is good.

And, they're really quite cool:

I love American possums. They're great for pest control, they don't fuck up your yard, they're generally immune to rabies, and they can be very friendly. Also, I personally think they're cute as hell.

I love American possums. They're great for pest control, they don't fuck up your yard, they're generally immune to rabies, and they can be very friendly. Also, I personally think they're cute as hell.
Do they make much noise? Ours get in the roof and rummage around making all sorts of RAUCOUS

Do they make much noise? Ours get in the roof and rummage around making all sorts of RAUCOUS

lol I've never heard them make any noise, but I've also never had any in my roof. I mostly just seem them at night surveying my lawn for tasty treats.

Back