Possibly Malformed Question

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by dza76wutang, Aug 3, 2010.

1. dza76wutang

dza76wutang Black Belt

I scanned the big thread on Fish Oil but did not find an answer to this, and perhaps the question itself is moronic but here we go:
    How many fish oil capsules (1 gram each) have the same anti-inflammatory effect as 1 200mg Advil/Ibuprofen?
    Please be gentle if the question is stupid, I reinjured my spine and if possible I'd rather load up on Fish Oil than risk my stomach's health loading up on Advil.

2. scottm

scottm Green Belt

Not the direct answer to your question but you may want to look at adding cissus.

I recently had a grade 2 mcl sprain and beat the orthopedics recovery time by 2 1/2 weeks, I was taking about 5-6 grams of fish oil along with cissus daily.

You aren't going to OD on fish oil as long as it is a reputably purified brand so try experimenting to see at what level you see benefits.

3. Cronk

Cronk White Belt

I may be mistaken, but my understanding is that Advil is an immediate, short-term pain reliever while fish oil's effects are slower and more sustained. For instance, you might try taking 6-8 grams of fish oil per day, then taking Advil only if you're feeling some particular discomfort. Fish oil is nutrition, Advil is a drug.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010