Positive Muslim Stories...

Peteyandjia

Spring Saku
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
If we're going to note every time some asshole pulls out a knife anywhere in the world, and does some heinous shit, after yelling about 'Admiral Ackbar' or whatever the fuck...

Just thought I would throw a few examples of how underneath all the bullshit, we're all still human, and we're all still in this together.

Example:

You probably heard all about the Muslim nutbags who cut off the priest's head in France...

but did you hear about this little story, buried in the news afterward?

Muslims Refuse To Bury Priest Killer

http://news.sky.com/story/muslims-refuse-to-bury-priest-killer-kermiche-10517064

Or how about this one... Everyone knows all about the Muslim mass murderer in Orlando, who shot up the nightclub.

But did you ever hear about the Muslim who tried to save his fellow Americans from this asshole, before it ever happened?

I reported Omar Mateen to the FBI. Trump is wrong that Muslims don’t do our part.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...trump-is-wrong-that-muslims-dont-do-our-part/

^^
This isn't a defense of Islam, by the way. I don't believe in that religion. More like a defense of humanity as a whole, regardless of labels.

I think we all have more common potential than we realize, most of the time.

Just figured if we're going to point out every lone nut, or every organized cell of nuts, let's then also look at the ones who are making the effort to respect or even protect their neighbors, too.

One time, I bumped into a Muslim and he didn't blow me up. True story.

I saw a vid on ync where one guy fucked up and only blew himself up. The one that I work with actually bought coffee once(in 10 years).

Many years ago (pre 9/11), I was in junior high and there was one muslim girl. That was the first classmate I'd ever seen wear a hijab. She was cute, had great tits and was pretty nice.
That's all I got.

It's been forever since I've even been around a muslim.

Some of them are ok, but I'm glad I don't live in a place where a bunch of them live. With everything going on, I'd be looking out for them.

If these are "positive" Muslim stories... god help us.

The dude at the gas station who sells me cigarettes has never tried to terrorize me .... He did tell me he thinks trump is going to win cuz most white people are racist though. I told him that would be like me saying all muslims are terrorists which he didnt like but ..... I still got me head on my shoulders ya know

It's been forever since I've even been around a muslim.

Some of them are ok, but I'm glad I don't live in a place where a bunch of them live. With everything going on, I'd be looking out for them.

in psychology they call this the "availability heuristic." the only muslims that you know are the ones you see on tv blowing shit up. as a result, you overestimate how dangerous they really are. not many stories about the muslims who live just like the rest of us.....theyre boring and shit for ratings.

and just so everyone is clear, im not one of the "islam is peace" people. like christianity, it has been made into some very good and some very bad things both presently and historically.

this guy is a muslim, and a kosher grocery store employee. it just so happened that he worked in one of the ones that was shot up in france. pulled several people into a freezer to save them.

http://time.com/3662696/muslim-man-hero-kosher-grocery-store-attack-charlie-hebdo-france/

Lassana-Bathily-fier-de-sa-naturalisation-Depuis-mon-enfance-je-reve-d-etre-Francais-!_portrait_w674.jpg

If these are "positive" Muslim stories... god help us.
Well, I've interacted with Muslims in the past and they acted like a normal person. That's going to be the vast majority of experiences people have with them. I hope you didn't expect a bunch of "my Muslim neighbor saved my mom from a burning building" stories.

If we're going to note every time some asshole pulls out a knife anywhere in the world, and does some heinous shit, after yelling about 'Admiral Ackbar' or whatever the fuck...

Just thought I would throw a few examples of how underneath all the bullshit, we're all still human, and we're all still in this together.

Example:

You probably heard all about the Muslim nutbags who cut off the priest's head in France...

but did you hear about this little story, buried in the news afterward?

http://news.sky.com/story/muslims-refuse-to-bury-priest-killer-kermiche-10517064

Or how about this one... Everyone knows all about the Muslim mass murderer in Orlando, who shot up the nightclub.

But did you ever hear about the Muslim who tried to save his fellow Americans from this asshole, before it ever happened?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...trump-is-wrong-that-muslims-dont-do-our-part/

^^
This isn't a defense of Islam, by the way. I don't believe in that religion. More like a defense of humanity as a whole, regardless of labels.

I think we all have more common potential than we realize, most of the time.

Just figured if we're going to point out every lone nut, or every organized cell of nuts, let's then also look at the ones who are making the effort to respect or even protect their neighbors, too.

While I don't have news stories to post, I consider some among my best friends. They are my neighbors, co-workers and members of the community just like you and me. I can separate the man from the religion - for as much as I may find the latter distasteful, the majority are good people.

Of note, most of these muslims are "in name only" - they eat pork, drink and are up to the same debauchery that any other young man would be into.

Still friends on bookface with some turks and lebos from school they seem like nice people but all there wives and daughters have to wear hijabs which shows they are still cave men.

I wanted to bang an Iranian girl back when I was a kid in school. I guess that's positive. But we never banged, so it's also negative.

What else...

@Kafir-kun is pretty cool.

That's all I got.

Well, I've interacted with Muslims in the past and they acted like a normal person. That's going to be the vast majority of experiences people have with them. I hope you didn't expect a bunch of "my Muslim neighbor saved my mom from a burning building" stories.

yea i meant to mention this too lol.

ive met many of them through my job, and some of them are very friendly and likable, others not so much....about the same ratio as any other group in my personal experience.

and if you travel to any large cities in the US often, youll see just how numerous they are. if any large percentage of them were truly violent, we'd really be in some deep shit.

I know a few . Work in a Canadian city with a high muslim population.
Nice folks, most are hypocrites, I'm assuming they haven't killed me because they are good human beings. Than again the ones here usually have $$ so thankfully they care more about that than being a good muslim.

We will see what the refugees bring in

An Egyptian Muslim runs a gyro shop in my neighborhood and employs a bunch of Muslim Bosnians. They give me good food at affordable prices and feed my dog and my cat with free meat when they see them.

A Palestinian Muslim was a friend of mine in college and attended for a full-ride based on his academic achievements and then went to grad school at University of Chicago. Not sure what he's doing now.

I've met many nice Muslim people. Can't say I have a story per se, just positive interactions.

in psychology they call this the "availability heuristic." the only muslims that you know are the ones you see on tv blowing shit up. as a result, you overestimate how dangerous they really are. not many stories about the muslims who live just like the rest of us.....theyre boring and shit for ratings.

and just so everyone is clear, im not one of the "islam is peace" people. like christianity, it has been made into some very good and some very bad things both presently and historically.

this guy is a muslim, and a kosher grocery store employee. it just so happened that he worked in one of the ones that was shot up in france. pulled several people into a freezer to save them.

http://time.com/3662696/muslim-man-hero-kosher-grocery-store-attack-charlie-hebdo-france/

Lassana-Bathily-fier-de-sa-naturalisation-Depuis-mon-enfance-je-reve-d-etre-Francais-!_portrait_w674.jpg

pulled several people into a freezer to save them for dinner?

I was working on a hotel job in Vancouver at the Hyatt installing carpet. Big Job. My crew would load supplies through the loading bay and there was a black security gaurd that gave us access. He was muslim and one day I was very sick and he put his hand on my head and prayed for me. Nice guy.

Back