posistion of feet

NUNZIO

White Belt
Reaction score
how do you all position your feet when boxing.

Last edited:
General rule: try not to let the fans at ringside see the bottom of your shoes for longer than 10 seconds

^lol, nice.

Keep your knees bent, dont ever let them cross.

Heel to toe slightly wider then shoulder width apart right leg forward (I am a southpaw). Not an expert just the way I tought when I was young.

On the ground

There always has to be a smart ass out of the bunch. Some people tak this seriously and want to gain all the knowledge they can. And thanks dg43088

Last edited:
One smart ass post doesn't take the value out of the other ones. Lighten up.

And I keep my feet shoulder width, at about a 45 degree angle (firmly on the ground).

Ideally your front foot is at a 2 oclock angle and the back foot is pointing at a 1 oclock angle. Your feet are spread wider than your shoulders (whatever feels comfortable for you) and your knees are slightly bent. Also your up on your toes on the back foot.

Changes from opponent to opponent.

Toes facing away from your opponent in a running stance is always effective.

General rule: try not to let the fans at ringside see the bottom of your shoes for longer than 10 seconds

Unless you're the genius known as Julius Francis and you're facing Mike Tyson. In which case you know you're going down... so you sell advertising space on the soles of your feet...

Back