Popular Movies You Think Are Over-Rated

Avatar always comes to mind. Horrible rip off of Dances with Wolves, and the effects weren't that great.

No need to insult Joanna like a 12 year old because a poster with her AV doesn't like your opinion in movies. I expect better of you.

Lol he told me to kill myself. He totally started it. Besides I didn't think either one of us was being cereal, just jokes.

Avatar always comes to mind. Horrible rip off of Dances with Wolves, and the effects weren't that great.
AND... We all know how the story ends in real life. Technology > Native Americans. The fact that their whole species wasn't wiped out by the end of the movie makes it unrealistic.

My vote, since it just won a bunch of Oscars, goes to Mad Max. Holy shit what a steaming pile of poop. In my opinion, they took a show that should have been a full length HBO series and stuffed it into one long episode. Imagine how you would feel about Rome, The Sopranos or The Wire if it was just one movie. And the fact that it's getting a bunch of praise is pretty mind boggling.

AND... We all know how the story ends in real life. Technology > Native Americans. The fact that their whole species wasn't wiped out by the end of the movie makes it unrealistic.
Not wiped out; disenfranchised
& sedated. They would've got
those blue things hooked on
cheeseburgers & petroleum

Lincoln,bored the piss out of me for the 30 minutes i was awake.

I actually wasn't all that impressed with the Revenant. Sure it was visually stunning to look at, but other than that I don't think there was anything terribly ground breaking about it.

The latest star wars wasn't that great either.

Nothing off the top of my head but I'll +1 on Gladiator. Never understood people liking that one.

Also JJ looks like Golum had a baby with Sarah Jessica Parker

Never thought I would want to bang someone who is the product of golem and Sarah Jessica Parker, but I definitely would now.

I know I am going to get blasted/destroyed for this around here, but...

T2-Poster.jpg

One of the most highly regarded movies of all time and it bored the piss outta me; The Godfather. Agreed on Gladiator and also pretty much everything by Chris Nolan with the exception of Memento.

city of god, big lebowski

Apocalypse Now

colin-farrel.gif

I actually wasn't all that impressed with the Revenant. Sure it was visually stunning to look at, but other than that I don't think there was anything terribly ground breaking about it.

The latest star wars wasn't that great either.
About that Star Wars movie... OH MY GOD, FUCK. They pretty much cut the balls off Kylo Ren. How in the fuck do you have credibility as a scary dangerous bad guy when a dumb Stormtrooper can pick up a light saber and go toe to toe with you? And who's idea was it to intentionally make that Stormtrooper that fucking annoying? Isn't the idea to like him, and not wish him a terrible painful death whenever he appears on screen?

And lastly, I really hated how they made this movie almost like the first star wars. Remember the Luke Skywalker Death Star "use the Force, Luke" scene? The girl had almost exactly that same moment in the light saber battle if you remember. It was just a fail, imo.

The LOTR series
Mad Max Fury Road
The Sixth Sense

Your favorite movie is literally the worst movie ever. You want to deny it but, girl, you know it's true.

OOH OOH OOH I HATE YOU.

Dark Knight and Dark Knight Rises.

I liked Batman Begins better than both.

And at the end od the day these are still films about a dude running around in a fucking bat costume

Came in here to post this. One of the few movies that I just stopped watching and never went back to it.

About that Star Wars movie... OH MY GOD, FUCK. They pretty much cut the balls off Kylo Ren. How in the fuck do you have credibility as a scary dangerous bad guy when a dumb Stormtrooper can pick up a light saber and go toe to toe with you? And who's idea was it to intentionally make that Stormtrooper that fucking annoying? Isn't the idea to like him, and not wish him a terrible painful death whenever he appears on screen?

And lastly, I really hated how they made this movie almost like the first star wars. Remember the Luke Skywalker Death Star "use the Force, Luke" scene? The girl had almost exactly that same moment in the light saber battle if you remember. It was just a fail, imo.

Disagree with a lot of this pretty much everything. Kylo was seriously hurt. I think they should have made that more clear to the audience because people like you don't seem to understand how hurt he was. Maybe a scene showing him go dizzy and lose balance a few times would have helped.

As far as being like the first star wars I agree 100%. I hated how they took so much from the old movies and just rebooted it pretty much.

Back