Popping for PEDs remove someone from the GOAT topic

Fedor really????? First off crushing cans for 95% of your career is not impressive then you also have the fact that Japan & Russias "testing" is non existant.
if there is not testing its doesn't matter if they use since its an equal playing field, but silva and jones juiced against people that were not juicing, that why they are disqualified for being cheats

I agree..

My GOAT list used to be..

1# Fedor
2#Jones
3#Silva
4#GSP
5#Penn/Gomi
6#Aldo

And now...

1#Fedor
2#GSP
3#Penn/Gomi
4#Aldo

Hard to say, because there is a good chance those that didn't get caught were still using. Not getting caught isn't the same thing as innocence.

Everyone is on something. ESPECIALLY GOAT contenders.

1000% agree (except for Fedor).

The only GOAT level fighters are GSP and Aldo.

I don't now hate Anderson or Jon Jones. They, especially the former, had epic fights. But they are permanently disqualified as GOAT contenders.

And If we're going to disqualify Jones and Anderson for each failing one test, then Fedor needs to be disqualified as well. To say Fedor was clean in an org that encouraged PED use is naive.

Did this even need to be said or had a topic made for it ?

Everyone pre-USADA was on some shit. In every organization.
According to this thread MMA is just starting right now.

Everyone pre-USADA was on some shit. In every organization.
According to this thread MMA is just starting right now.

Actually, I feel that pre-USADA records and history has a big ol' asterisk next to it now. Fighters like GSP, who never popped, are nonetheless going to be painted with the same broad asterisk as time goes by. History does not remember small details and nuances.

When one brings up GSP decades from now, many will respond that he was from a time when PEDs were rampant. When you reply that he never popped, they'll just roll their eyes and be like "whatever."

NoSeal-VSL-7p5oz-Original_tcm2858-779293.png

GSP's PEminusD

Grease
Steroids
Pointfighting

Actually, I feel that pre-USADA records and history has a big ol' asterisk next to it now. Fighters like GSP, who never popped, are nonetheless going to be painted with the same broad asterisk as time goes by. History does not remember small details and nuances.

When one brings up GSP decades from now, many will respond that he was from a time when PEDs were rampant. When you reply that he never popped, they'll just roll their eyes and be like "whatever."
Considering people still count RINGs fights as MMA fights and such, I don't agree (RINGs wasn't MMA like it is now. Basically a different spot).
Nobody remembers, so they just follow whatever Wikipedia says.

GSP never popped, therefore he'll be seen as a clean fighter... Not that I think he was, just how it'll be remembered.

What about retiring before you get caught
?

Shogun mma goat

That's the trick! That's why I said Lawler should slowly bow out of the game now.

And not only does it invalidate you as GOAT, it should cast doubt on your whole career. Look at Anderson: The guy went from getting beat by Takase, to whooping LHWs. Gimme a break.

But just because a fighter hasn't been popped it doesn't mean we know they've always been clean.

1000% agree (except for Fedor).

The only GOAT level fighters are GSP and Aldo.

I don't now hate Anderson or Jon Jones. They, especially the former, had epic fights. But they are permanently disqualified as GOAT contenders.

And If we're going to disqualify Jones and Anderson for each failing one test, then Fedor needs to be disqualified as well. To say Fedor was clean in an org that encouraged PED use is naive.

Wait, did you see Aldo's last fight? You don't become more massive yet defined, as you go on in this fight game.

Absolutely it should remove someone from the discussion. GOAT discussions are entirely subjective and having a failed steroid test counts greatly against a fighter because it puts into question their entire career. Did they beat so and so while juiced to the gills? You'll never know if a win was legit or if it was the result of being on the secret sauce.

Back