Pope "One cannot make war (or) kill in the name of one's own religion,"

With all due respect, Yes you can & it's called Jihad, Mr. Francis.

It would be nice if Catholics had a Pope with some actual moral courage. This man prayed in Mosque in Istambul that was built out of the Hagia Sophia Cathedral from before Muslims sacked Constantinople(you know the...inner struggle).

He should be behind freedom. Islam offends me so I claim the right to offend it back. Some of the Catholic churches teachings also somewhat offend me.

I'm not religious, but I really respect this pope. Best thing to happen to catholicism, in having this guy as pope.

Calling for Bin Laden's death isn't hate speech though. Hate speech is directed towards a group of identified or protected people. So if you replaced Bin Laden, with all Muslims that would be hate speech.

Fine, but I still don't think that should be banned.

Mostly because speech is directly tied to thoughts and beliefs, and having freedom of thought is the essential right of humans. Acts are what need to be limited. You can express the beliefs that Muslims or Jews or whoever should be exterminated all you want, but actually acting up on it (plotting a massacre, for example) is what's truly harmful.

The interesting thing is that the US allows things like Holocaust denial and calls for ethnic cleansing (white nationalist literature is filled with this) to be freely published, yet they stay marginalized. No one takes them seriously.

In Europe, where these things will get you in jail, far-right groups are much more prevalent. So limiting freedom of speech doesn't even accomplish its supposed main objective: keeping dangerous/violent ideas from spreading.

The Pope stressed that there was no justification for the killing of 17 people in three separate incidents

Then why bring up the cartoons being "wrong"?

Thats what i don't get with these big Franchise belief systems and their hierarchies. If you are a person given free will, and you believe in god, wouldnt that relationship have to be personal one?

What gives this pope, or any body else the authority to decide how to interpret the word of god? (The word of god as it is written by men like him).

If he could fly or moonwalk on water or dunk a twelve foot net from a single drop step. Or heal shit or do something no other human can, then maybe I'd be inclined to dictate how to live my life in this vast and mysterious existence.

But all I see is some old dude in dress who doesnt have sex, telling me how who I should fuck. I see a guy who doesnt have a real job. I see his buddies doing the exact same thing all the way down a hierarchy that is suppose be the shepard of the flock. The shepard tho, seems to get caught with his dick in some poor lamb every once in a while. This has been going on forever. I can't see how people can be so domesticated on such level.

My own family considers me a semi-pariah for speaking up on the fact that both Sand Religions were the religions that colonized and enslaved our ancestors. And my mom, a good strong woman of impeccable character, who put six children on her back and gave us the skills to thrive by thinking for ourselves, instilling work ethic, and define our sense of shame and honor through the wisdom life affirming acts- asks me to stop ruining Christmas (again) then quietly prays to the favored god of pedophiles and slavers who thought our ancestors as little more than sub-human cattle, that I might someday stop ruining a pillaged and repackaged Pagan holiday and subjugate myself before his will, (as it is interpreted by old men with soft hand and pot bellies who live in a world of abstraction and ritual)

This so true its sad. They've been fucking people since they started infact they were started to fuck people.

My point is this on the Popes comments. He says well its like talking about my mom you talk shit I put a fist in your mouth well cool that sets a precedent right? How about I sock you in the eye then Frank, you talk mad shit about my mother, according to you she & all my ancestors are burning in eternal hellfire. You head an institution that professes this as actual fact.. Not in a satirical manner. Actually this is why these cartoons are SUPER appropriate. These fucking religions talk so much shit about non members & have been since time immemorial, they're actually founded on hate of and fear of being a member of the excluded non believer class but expect to be immune from the same type of shit from everybody else..Tough shit.

With all due respect, Yes you can & it's called Jihad, Mr. Francis.

It would be nice if Catholics had a Pope with some actual moral courage. This man prayed in Mosque in Istambul that was built out of the Hagia Sophia Cathedral from before Muslims sacked Constantinople(you know the...inner struggle).

yeah, no shit.

You're just parroting nonsense, like you do in 99 percent of your posts. You are the worst poster in the War Room.

Well, you're certainly in the running for most bitter lol. Sorry but i just dont have a lot of reverence for your pope or the religion he represents because it has a lot of pagan aspects to it.

Just my opinion and nothing you should get bent out if shape about.

Well, you're certainly in the running for most bitter lol. Sorry but i just dont have a lot of reverence for your pope or the religion he represents because it has a lot of pagan aspects to it.

I'd rather be bitter than a troll. And he's not 'my' pope. I'm not Catholic. You assumed i was, like an idiot.

Run along now, don't you have some trite remarks to contaminate threads with for the zillionth time about how people had pet dinosaurs a few thousand years ago, or how we can't understand God's perspective, or how you think Obamacare is so bad even though you're a moderate...

Last edited by a moderator:

He's lost at this point.

But I'm curious why you said that. Is it because of the use of idols and rituals or some historic theory?

The pope strikes me more as a man of the world looking for the approval of man more than God.

But then again catholicism is a pagan religion anyhow.

LMFAO!

I seem to recall something in the bible about helping fellow man, but maybe my memory is a bit fuzzy :icon_lol:

Not only do I like the Pope's messages and general desire for a better world (vs constant ideology) I LOVE that conservatives don't like him.

Fine, but I still don't think that should be banned.

Mostly because speech is directly tied to thoughts and beliefs, and having freedom of thought is the essential right of humans. Acts are what need to be limited. You can express the beliefs that Muslims or Jews or whoever should be exterminated all you want, but actually acting up on it (plotting a massacre, for example) is what's truly harmful.

The interesting thing is that the US allows things like Holocaust denial and calls for ethnic cleansing (white nationalist literature is filled with this) to be freely published, yet they stay marginalized. No one takes them seriously.

In Europe, where these things will get you in jail, far-right groups are much more prevalent. So limiting freedom of speech doesn't even accomplish its supposed main objective: keeping dangerous/violent ideas from spreading.

Yes, but calling for genocide is a form of rallying. Get enough people of the same mind and you will have problems.... like genocide.

I do understand where you are coming from though, but at the same time I also think that there needs to be a balance where your rights should not infringe upon the rights of others. And I am not just talking about hurting someones feelings. I mean when you call to deprive other people of their natural rights.

Essentially Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness for Americans.

And this is why we have separation of church and state.

He is welcome to his opinion but free speech should always be placed above hurt feelings.

Back