Pope Francis says belief in God not necessary to go to heaven...

Well, unless you personally met God it would mean they are only half wrong. I know the idea of heaven without God may seem a little wacky but it's perfectly feasible given the limits of our knowledge and that they are purely corporal. There's other definitions of God that science is beginning to merge with.

Never met her personally and I think God must be female because no man would have painstakingly created the earth the way it was made. I have spoken to a guy who died and awoke in hell, he claims that is why he has no eyebrows or body hair as it was burnt off there. He is one hairless bastard and the story was unsettling just to hear it.

You'd have to dig deep to find a bigger Atheist than me... I can't stand religion of any sort. But I must admit, I like this guy's style. Seems like a good dude, very accepting and kind. It was a great move by the Church to put someone like him at the helm.

Never met her personally and I think God must be female because no man would have painstakingly created the earth the way it was made. I have spoken to a guy who died and awoke in hell, he claims that is why he has no eyebrows or body hair as it was burnt off there. He is one hairless bastard and the story was unsettling just to hear it.

I don't think God would really be aligned completely with any sex, that's a human projection. Though Graham Hancock speaks of the spirit of Ayahuasca, a feminine figure that is warm and loving that many if not all those who drink Ayahuasca experience. Of course the chemical in Ayahuasca is DMT which is the same chemical given off in dreams and when dying.

Since you are one of my favorite posters Jing I will tell this again. I was walking down a path with other people towards a bright and shinning city when my grandfather who had died about four years earlier told me it was not my time. That I had to go back and I had too much left to do. I awoke in a morgue with a toe tag on and scared some cleaning lady nearly to death.

Thanks man. Feeling is definitely mutual. What about your parents? How did they react? I'm assuming they knew you were gone by then.

You'd have to dig deep to find a bigger Atheist than me... I can't stand religion of any sort. But I must admit, I like this guy's style. Seems like a good dude, very accepting and kind. It was a great move by the Church to put someone like him at the helm.

That's a good Christian, someone I try to live my life like. It's the others that drive more people away than anything, I consider them false teachers and prophets. When you think of what Christianity actually is, think of this guy, because the people that speak for it are often the worst examples.

My nephew's grandma has the exact same story minus the toe tag. My dad was in a coma once and started to recite scripture from the Bible despite not being able to do it consciously. Something certainly happens that we have very little understanding of, I can't imagine it's simply a chemical reaction alone. Something connects people.

Science is great and I have studied more than my share of it as a nurse through the years, but it can not explain the human spirit and other phenomena that happens to people who came back from the dead.

I like this pope, he's so modern.

Since you are one of my favorite posters Jing I will tell this again. I was walking down a path with other people towards a bright and shinning city when my grandfather who had died about four years earlier told me it was not my time. That I had to go back and I had too much left to do. I awoke in a morgue with a toe tag on and scared some cleaning lady nearly to death.

Thanks for sharing, man. That's incredible. Very glad you're still here. From what I've seen you post, the world needs people like you desperately.

Science is great and I have studied more than my share of it as a nurse through the years, but it can not explain the human spirit and other phenomena that happens to people who came back from the dead.

Have you seen the film Waking Life? If not, go do it ASAP. I think you'll love it.

That's a good Christian, someone I try to live my life like. It's the others that drive more people away than anything, I consider them false teachers and prophets. When you think of what Christianity actually is, think of this guy, because the people that speak for it are often the worst examples.

Yes, this Pope is someone I think anyone... Atheist or not should emulate in many ways. If you do this as well, props to you. Although you're right, this has not been my experience with Christians.

I don't think God would really be aligned completely with any sex, that's a human projection. Though Graham Hancock speaks of the spirit of Ayahuasca, a feminine figure that is warm and loving that many if not all those who drink Ayahuasca experience. Of course the chemical in Ayahuasca is DMT which is the same chemical given off in dreams and when dying.

I like that concept and thanks for sharing it with me. It is another piece of life's puzzle that makes the hereafter even more interesting.

Do you belong to some sort of group of people that have come back from the dead? Don't leave me hanging, gotta hear his story.

I like that concept and thanks for sharing it with me. It is another piece of life's puzzle that makes the hereafter even more interesting.

My pleasure. There's always things for us to discover, always some growth to be made. Makes that hypernova a little less scary lol.

Thanks man. Feeling is definitely mutual. What about your parents? How did they react? I'm assuming they knew you were gone by then.

My mom died when I was almost three from cancer and my dad when I was six in a tugboat accident. So my uncle who adopted me was in the chapel talking to a preacher about performing the funeral when they told him I was alive and he said he about shit his pants because I was dead over two hours.

i died on the operating table when i was 2 during a hernia surgery ...lost me 3 times

My mom died when I was almost three from cancer and my dad when I was six in a tugboat accident. So my uncle who adopted me was in the chapel talking to a preacher about performing the funeral when they told him I was alive and he said he about shit his pants because I was dead over two hours.

Sorry to hear. Should'nt you be brain dead?

Thanks for sharing, man. That's incredible. Very glad you're still here. From what I've seen you post, the world needs people like you desperately.

I appreciate that and am glad I am still here to post with you guys.

Have you seen the film Waking Life? If not, go do it ASAP. I think you'll love it.

I got time between studying for tests to find it this weekend and thanks for the heads up on the film it sounds good.

Back