Poorly named criminal acts

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was discussing the matter with an associate of mine, let's call him.... Cornelius.

That matter being poorly named criminal acts.

The obvious one is manslaughter.
It conjures up images of a crazed lunatic running around with a meat cleaver chopping away at anything on two legs.

I mentioned to my associate, Cornelius, that another associate of mine once was busted for loitering.

He was hanging out at the local soda fountain, not making a purchase, and got himself a ticket for loitering. The thing is it didn't say he was loitering on the record... it said he was prowling.

Prowling? Prowling and loitering conjure up different images in one's mind.
Loitering - you're leaning up against Pick n' Save for a bit too long.

Prowling - you're sneaking around a daycare, looking through the windows while rubbing your hands together and licking your lips.

You're associate sounds like a gentleman and a scholar....

Agreed. Loitering makes me think of a teenager hanging out front of a 7/11 skateboarding.

Prowling makes me think of hanging by a playground or outside fo some chicks window.

Racketeering makes me think of tennis.

opsb49.jpg

I got a jaywalking ticket at the age of 28. Sounds stupid and is a very stupid ticket.

Good one.

I honestly thought I drained the well with manslaughter and prowling.

Sodomy makes me think of one person hoisting another person up on a broom stick.

Then you have aggravated sodomy...
as opposed to the criminal charge of delighted sodomy.

Public Obscenity.

Just call it the Upskirt Law. My phone was on the ground before she sat down anyway.

I got a jaywalking ticket at the age of 28. Sounds stupid and is a very stupid ticket.

But it doesn't sound like you were doing something evil though.
Jaywalking sounds like you were kind of prancing around in the street like a sugar plum fairy.... nothing that will make friends and neighbors sneer at you.

Know if the name of jaywalking was something like "gutter-lurching".... then you'd have valid reason to get pissed.

I got arrested for trespassing for sitting outside of my own building
about 5 times in the 90s.

(No I didn't own the building)

In CA if you run out on your check, don't pay the cabbie or the like the charge is PC 537 Defrauding an Innkeeper.

Back