Poor Marion

They ripped the judging for the fight during the post fight show.

Hell, at least one judge didn't even add up the scores correctly.

I'm still convinced that whoever said 30-27 was confused on who was who

You could partially blame Reebok for making these fighters wear the same god damn black/white outfit maybe that's why they couldn't tell who was who.

3o6gb3ba4SvcUAxRTy.gif

A judge actually didn't give Marion the first round where she rocked Smith and nearly submitted her at the end. Judging is unbelievable in this sport.

LOL. What technique at those first 10 same punches all missing. Jesus man.

Marion clearly won round 1.

Strikes were even in round 2(according to UFC). Ashlee's nasty body shots probably sealed the deal. Could have gone either way.

Ashlee clearly won round 3.

No idea why everyone is buthurt. It was a close fight. Not a robbery by any measure.

The issue is that two of the judges gave Ashlee the first round.

And personally, I thought Marion won round 2.

Most of the MMA media thinks Marion won that fight.

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/6810/Ashlee-Evans-Smith-vs-Marion-Reneau

The issue is that two of the judges gave Ashlee the first round.

If that's really the issue (and it seems that it is because people are really stressing it), then the issue ultimately didn't matter. Even if all 3 judges scored the first round correctly as 10-9 for Reneau, Evans-Smith still wins a split decision because 2 out of the 3 judges gave her the next 2 rounds.

The fight really came down to whether one prefers body kicks or leg kicks.

Last edited:
3o6gb3ba4SvcUAxRTy.gif

A judge actually didn't give Marion the first round where she rocked Smith and nearly submitted her at the end. Judging is unbelievable in this sport.

There's one punch landed there. Cudos to judges who aren't fooled and scored it properly as "one punch landed". I still gave the round to Reneau based on the guillotine near finish.

3o6gb3ba4SvcUAxRTy.gif

Looks like she tried that nick Diaz elbow defense. Was working for a second.

yes the judging was awful, and yes renau won 2 rounds, but her style is deceptive, it doesnt look as if she is trying for a finish, but coasting at the end.
it wasnt a diego sanchez type robbery.

If that's really the issue (and it seems that it is because people are really stressing it), then the issue ultimately didn't matter. Even if all 3 judges scored the first round correctly as 10-9 for Reneau, Evans-Smith still wins a split decision because 2 out of the 3 judges gave her the next 2 rounds.

The fight really came down to whether one prefers body kicks or leg kicks.

The second round was close but most of MMA media gave it to Reneau. But the judges giving the first round to Ashely is such a bad choice that it throws the legitimacy of the entire decision into question as people will wonder if the judges were even paying attention during the fight.

There's one punch landed there. Cudos to judges who aren't fooled and scored it properly as "one punch landed". I still gave the round to Reneau based on the guillotine near finish.

That "one punch" had Ashely rocked and would have dropped her if she hadn't hit the fence. Having your opponent rocked like that usually wins you the round.

3o6gb3ba4SvcUAxRTy.gif

I think they were judging ass instead of the fight.

I've been white-knighting a Marian/Marion for 28 years and I'm not gonna stop now...
Double%20Dragon%20II%20Revenge%20Nes.jpg

This was bullying and everyone knows Maria(o)n needs our support!!

Marian%202.jpg

With judges who don't know how to add, how can Billy and Jimmy Lee possibly find justice!?
marian_by_pembroke-d5l0lhc.jpg

This should not stand, and there is no excuse for not punish shit judges, or at least televise a public berating/castigating. This shit is INEXCUSABLE.

Back