Poor Gunnar Nelson, no one wants to fight him.

I'm friends with Albert Tumenov on Facebook and he called him out. Not sure if anyone ever saw it though.

Id like to see that fight because I am a big fan of Einstein but I think Gunny would get him to the ground and have his way with him. And by have his way with him, I mean literally have his way with him as someone in jail for a very long time who happens to find other men attractive kind of way.

Albert Tumenov is already booked to fight Alan Jouban at ufc 192.

Argued in your head. Make a poll, see if your peers on here agree.

I think you'll find its hard to get people to back any GOAT who is famous for a string of gritty split / controversial decisions as their title run.

People would probably say Penn, Edgar, Pettis, and Bendo in that order. Popularity doesn't dictate truth. Bendo would have to be in the conversation, which is the point. You tried to write him off as a washout to discredit Thatch, which is silly. Bendo is elite.

According to Gunnars friend and striking trainer:

I always take these statements with a grain of salt.

For all we know he very well may 9 out of 10 times. I don't remember Nelson doing much prior to capitalizing on Thatch's repeated relaxation/go limp move.

Well that's kinda the entire point of Nelson's boxing. Hit them during openings. He also impacted on Omari when the Dagestanian was out-of-position as well. It's his specialty.

He lost a kickboxing match to Rick Story in his previous fight.

That really was a strategic victory. Gunnar was trying to KO a guy with the head of a Pantzer using a relatively low-volume of strikes. Story, meanwhile, went to the body all time damn time. With those strategies in a five-rounder, it's inevitable that Story would come out on top. He simply out-smarted Nelson.

People would probably say Penn, Edgar, Pettis, and Bendo in that order. Popularity doesn't dictate truth. Bendo would have to be in the conversation, which is the point. You tried to write him off as a washout to discredit Thatch, which is silly. Bendo is elite.

When you say "Bendo is arguably the GOAT LW" it comes off as an absurdly bombastic overstep if you clarify that (when pressed) to really mean "OK, most people don't think that, but he could be fourth in line."

So here we are.

Bendo is elite at LW in the sense that he got summarily knocked out and submitted by two of the best guys, and dropped a decision to another. So we can get out of the way he's not better than the guys that ran over him.

He's definitely a top 10 LW, and a point fighter who's been in a lot of tight decisions. Those are more accurate statements.

When you say "Bendo is arguably the GOAT LW" it comes off as an absurdly bombastic overstep if you clarify that (when pressed) to really mean "OK, most people don't think that, but he could be fourth in line."

That's the thing, I don't think it's a line. I think it's a circle.

I think people's simplistic view tries to make it a line, but it's not. LW hasn't been like LHW, where there is a clear Jon Jones murdering everyone. It has been a round-robin of elites, with no clear dominance. So LW GOAT remains a conversation, rather than a conclusion. And it is a conversation Bendo is in.

Bendo is elite at LW in the sense that he got summarily knocked out and submitted by two of the best guys, and dropped a decision to another. So we can get out of the way he's not better than the guys that ran over him.

That's all debatable too. For one, the RDA stoppage was a bad one. Second, counting the Cowboy decision against Bendo is silly, since 1. everybody thought that decision was wrong, and 2. Bendo's already beaten Cowboy multiple times so even if you want to try and hold that against him, Bendo > Cowboy even in the records.

In any case, this was all brought up originally just to show that you were trying to sweep Bendo under the rug as though there was some shame in Thatch losing to him. Clearly there is not, Bendo is elite.

So here we are.

He's definitely a top 10 LW, and a point fighter who's been in a lot of tight decisions. Those are more accurate statements.

Bendo is considered one of the best lw fighters of all time by pretty much everyone.

So here we are.

So u never considered Diaz an elite fighter right? Cause he's literally had no success in recent years

Gunnar should fight Benson in Korea.

Where's Chris Lytle when you need him. Today's fighters are too soft and afraid of losing. Need a guy that will throw down with anyone at anytime like Lytle back in the game to mix it up.

Back