Poor Gunnar Nelson, no one wants to fight him.

Ivanhoe

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
According to Gunnars friend and striking trainer: Gunnar and his manager have been calling out various WW fighters to fight him on the Dublin card, but all of them have declined with various excuses.

Other guy's manager: here, I got this guy with a stellar ground game and just last fight KOed the biggest Welterweight in the division with a newfound right hand.

Oh, but if you lose to him it'll look real bad to fans because he's a bloated lightweight who looks rather unathletic and awkward

Whadda say?

He's been coddled in front of the Euro crowd, who fucking cares anymore. If he really wants a fight he can find one in America.

He's been coddled in front of the Euro crowd, who fucking cares anymore. If he really wants a fight he can find one in America.

You mean like when he just knockdown/subbed an 11-2 guy in America last month?

yeah he's kind of in the position teixeira was in not too long ago, where he's obviously really dangerous but has no name recognition whatsoever.

it's a lose lose situation for an opponent. there's a very good chance he'll beat you, and if you win most people go "who's gunnar nelson?"

you mean the same Gunnar that punched Thatch in the back of the head a handful of times then proceeded to choke him while Brandon was partially unconscious?

I'm friends with Albert Tumenov on Facebook and he called him out. Not sure if anyone ever saw it though.

Gunnar is a force at WW, but I think he'll end up a top 5 LW. Eventually getting a title shot

I'm still shocked he dropped thatch the way he did. I thought thatch would destroy him standing.

yeah he's kind of in the position teixeira was in not too long ago, where he's obviously really dangerous but has no name recognition whatsoever.

it's a lose lose situation for an opponent. there's a very good chance he'll beat you, and if you win most people go "who's gunnar nelson?"

This pretty much sum's up the situation....

You mean like when he just knockdown/subbed an 11-2 guy in America last month?

The unranked (read: never ranked) fighter riding high with confidence coming off a stoppage loss to a lightweght riding a losing streak?

Something like that.

Nelson is awesome, I'm a fan. I'd like to see him fight a marquee name in his division.

I'm still shocked he dropped thatch the way he did. I thought thatch would destroy him standing.

For all we know he very well may 9 out of 10 times. I don't remember Nelson doing much prior to capitalizing on Thatch's repeated relaxation/go limp move. He lost a kickboxing match to Rick Story in his previous fight.

Anyway, Maia please, such an awesome matchup.

The unranked (read: never ranked) fighter riding high with confidence coming off a stoppage loss to a lightweght riding a losing streak?

Something like that.

Nelson is awesome, I'm a fan. I'd like to see him fight a marquee name in his division.

Any post that tries to write off Bendo as "a lightweght riding a losing streak", needs to look in the mirror and feel ashamed

Other guy's manager: here, I got this guy with a stellar ground game and just last fight KOed the biggest Welterweight in the division with a newfound right hand.

Oh, but if you lose to him it'll look real bad to fans because he's a bloated lightweight who looks rather unathletic and awkward

Whadda say?

No ko. Knockdown. Still impressive.

Back