Media !!! Poor Francis Ngannou :( !!!

It was offered. He declined because 1)it was on 18 days notice 2) they were not offering him any guarantee for what would be next , it was just a fight.

Ngannou's biggest mistake before the Stipe fight was to accept to fight so soon after Overeem, without having a proper camp set up in Vegas (hence the "mysterious" trip in Paris, the "no wrestling training", the shitty cardio). He has deep regrets about this and said repeatedly he would not make the same mistake again.

Definitely didn't know about him declining the offer, thought it went straight to Hardy, will have to go back and look up them Sauces.

It's very simple : Ngannou keeps saying 'I want a fight, I been going crazy'.
Well, the UFC *offered* him a fight and he declined it.
-- Is 18days notice ideal? no it's not, but....look at Bisping for example. Took the Rockhold fight on 2 weeks notice, and WON.

But if he Ngannou so amazing, and he is so confident of his skills and his victory, then he should have taken the fight.
As Dana keeps saying "When we call, it's probably best if you you say yes to the fight". Stay ready, so you don't have to get ready.

Upcoming HW title fights, likely scenario :
Stipe is v likely gonna fight Cormier again next, and that's prob gonna happen Qtr1, 2020. So....Cormier has said "this is my last one" so the absolute best result for Francis Ngannou when Stipe vs DC III happens, is a Cormier victory. Cos if Cormier wins, and then retires as he is expected to, that = Vacant Heavyweight Belt. And UFC can immediately schedule 2 top-ranked Heavyweights for that.
If Stipe wins the 3rd Cormier fight, then he'll sit out a few months (as he is entitled to do) and that means next HW title-fight prob won't happen til May or June 2020 at earliest. So Francis will need to fight SOMEONE before then.
For one thing, I'd like to see him fight a good 2 or 3 rounds so we can see *IF* he has been working on his weak points which are cardiovascular endurance, and wrestling / grappling. He *knows* that both of those were very lacking in the Miocic fight, and he has had almost two full years (it'll be 2yrs in Jan) to work on his cardio and wrestling/grappling and jitsu. I bet you none of these have progressed very far.
Sooner or later he will fight someone (again) who he canno get outta there in the first 2 mins, and then......his cardio and prob ground game might come into play. If he hasn't fixed those in two years, then that's entirely on him.

Yes yes, none of that will matter much if he can connect hard in first 2mins, but sooner or later it will matter.

People are clearly ducking him.
Give him a grappling match with Arianny while he waits for Stipe/Cormier winner.

For one thing, I'd like to see him fight a good 2 or 3 rounds so we can see *IF* he has been working on his weak points which are cardiovascular endurance, and wrestling / grappling. He *knows* that both of those were very lacking in the Miocic fight, and he has had almost two full years (it'll be 2yrs in Jan) to work on his cardio and wrestling/grappling and jitsu. I bet you none of these have progressed very far.
That lazy breakdown based on one single fight is very wrong.
And it's not his responsibility to make fights with wrestling that last more than 2min, it's the UFC's job to find an opponent who can.

Well we'll see next time he has an opponent who can survive a round or two. I believe that I'll be right on that, more or less.

And it's not his responsibility to make fights with wrestling that last more than 2min, it's the UFC's job to find an opponent who can.
That is quite true, he is not obliged in any way to wrestle or grapple at all. He is obliged to fight, and knocking someone out fast is a good way to end it, and get it done fast and high-profile. So...yes it's entirely true that it's on UFC to provide a wide-variety of credible opposition. Problem with HW division is it's, generally accepted, to be quite thin.

Good grief.. This guy looks Depressed. Sounds depressed. Says he's going Crazy!!!

This can only go 2 ways :
1.) This frustrating wait makes him lose focus and zeal and he under performs in his next outing.

2.) Whoever fights this guy next is in for a world of Hurt!!!

I hope its Stipe!

P.S This guy's English has gone from acceptable to PERFECT!!!!!
A Star in the making....

That video was already posted here several days ago. Check the upload date before making a thread.

With that being said, it sounds like he's starting to need the money. Maybe he spent his last big paycheck.

He got his shot at the title already + he's young.
Champion one day, for sure.
Why is there always rush ?
He'll train more, work on his ground game and become INDESTRUCTIBLE.
And also rematch with Black Beast.

Well we'll see next time he has an opponent who can survive a round or two. I believe that I'll be right on that, more or less.
Whether you are right or not, it's established now that this test opponent can only be Stipe. If Blaydes failed twice (and failed during 2 full rounds the first time), who else is going to grind him down?

I guess he wants to do his own “attitude era” style promo too.

He seems to be blaming the ufc, but from what I've heard, they cant get anyone to fight him. Nobody wants that fight.

Make him rematch the black beast again since francis was scated to engage him the last time. The beast will beat him again

Whether you are right or not, it's established now that this test opponent can only be Stipe. If Blaydes failed twice (and failed during 2 full rounds the first time), who else is going to grind him down?
OK as I say, I don't think that Stipe vs Ngannou II is going to happen any time soon : Summer 2020 (if even then).

So....given that..... I would say 6 current UFC HW fighters who COULD be suitable as Ngannou opponents are :
Cormier
Pavlovich
Gane
Hardy
Volkov
Lewis

Now, 3 of those (Pavlovich, Gane, Hardy) are quite new to the UFC and definitely rising up quite fast. But all 3 look promising, in their own way.
Cormier is v technical, he comes with a solid game-plan to win each fight, but....he has said he is only gonna fight once more and that will be Miocic.
Volkov is a good opponent and ....Ngannou declined (mitigating circumstances : short notice)
Lewis has already beaten Ngannou in a REAL dud of a fight.

Given all of that, I would suggest that the UFC offer this fight next to Mr Ngannou :
- Ngannou vs Lewis II.

Why? Lewis is a big strong resilient guy, he can take a shot, and give a shot, and it will give BOTH fighters an opportunity to fix-the-abortion that was the first fight, and put on an entertaining fight. Ngannou's motivation would be to avenge that defeat, and make things right with UFC for such a non-event of a fight. Lewis's motivation is he beats the No.2 ranked UFC fighter Ngannou.
Lewis is fighting Ivanov this weekend in New York, so.... my bet is that if Lewis wins, then UFC will make Lewis vs Ngannou II, with a firm warning to both "Make this Entertaining, or else".

His English is surprising, he even used the word inevitable...I can’t even imagine Stipe attempting that word.
Well jones tweeted that a fight with Francis is inevitable the other day. People say that Francis learns fast, they aren't lying.

<31>

Good grief.. This guy looks Depressed. Sounds depressed. Says he's going Crazy!!!

This can only go 2 ways :
1.) This frustrating wait makes him lose focus and zeal and he under performs in his next outing.

2.) Whoever fights this guy next is in for a world of Hurt!!!

I hope its Stipe!

P.S This guy's English has gone from acceptable to PERFECT!!!!!
A Star in the making....

Did you make that predator video? Damn, that's awesome!

Why many are claiming he has evolved since the Stipe fight is perplexing. He was a ko artist, with a one-round gas tank prior to fighting Stipe. And since his two-fight skid, he has ko'd three opponents in the first round. He has yet to prove he can go to deep waters with guys like Stipe or D.C. If he fights Stipe again, the only reasonable conclusions either (a) he ko'd Stipe in the first, or (b) he loses to Stipe.

Back