1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Poll: will Donald Trump ever release his taxes or agree to a debate?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by OverCoronavirus Pressure, Aug 16, 2016.

1. kpt018 Gold Belt

I agree, although showing your returns is a good faith way of telling the public you don't have anything to hide. But I don't give a shit either way, it's about number 1,000 on the list of things that concern me about the dude!

2. OverCoronavirus Pressure Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit. Banned

5/7/89 Grateful Dead show, Frost amphitheatre
    LOL absolutely.
    He really can't get away with not releasing his returns though, that really will make him look bad; not because I think he has diddly to hide but because it makes him look crooked. He wants to look more honest and open than Hillary, one would presume.

3. TheComebackKid Banned Banned

Lol @ this thread

4. Excuse? How about explanation. They WILL do this.

5. m52nickerson EXTERMINATE!

I picture you laughing while having tears in your eyes.

6. TheComebackKid Banned Banned

Tears from laughter maybe

7. m52nickerson EXTERMINATE!

No, defiantly not laughter.

8. TheComebackKid Banned Banned

Well I guess you would be the final authority on what pictures are in your brain

9. cooks1 No matter where you go-there you are

Legitimate concerns, but presidential debates are not organized by networks. They are organized by a bi-partisan commission, and I assure you that commission does not want bitch fights. We have never really had a candidate in the past try and make a debate a bitch fight. And I am sure Trump will try. But the debate format and questions will be working against him. He won't be asked about Monica Lewinsky. He will literally have to pivot away from a question on the economy or something else to bring it up.

Trump has never been in a one on one debate. And I doubt he will prepare much for them. Too much ADD and Ego. He might prep a little bit, but he will not take it seriously. Even a really seasoned politician will get hammered in a debate if they do not prepare properly. Obama thought he did not need preparation in his first debate with Romney, and he got his teeth kicked in.

Hillary on the other hand is disciplined. She has already starting preparing for the debates and will train for it like a boxing match. She will literally have 'sparring partners' trying to emulate Trump. She will have spent 40-60 hours in mock debates on stages that are set to look like the one she will be on by the time the debates roll around.

Trumps ability to interrupt will be drastically limited. Usually one candidate will get a certain amount of time to speak then another. Then there is a brief time allotted for replies where interruption is possible. But there is WAY too much structure to a one on one debate for it to be suitable for Trump.

The other problem is that Trump thus far seems incapable of saying anything that appeals to anyone not already licking his nuts. The people already voting for him will love his word vomit. The only other thing that will accomplish though is energizing lukewarm Hillary supporters that were planning to stay home, but when they see first hand what an asshat Trump is, they just might get their lazy ass off the couch. If Trump is particularly vicious and crass in the first debate. I bet you Hillary will be ahead in TEXAS polls by the end of the week following it.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  10. KILL KILL Gold Belt

thanks for stopping by. What are your thoughts on the issue?

11. liljoe Brown Belt

I have this nightmare scenario in the back of my head every time people talk about Hillary's health, it's basically something out of a movie.

I imagine we are in the middle of the first debate and Hillary all of a sudden becomes woozy and visibly ill. She faints on the stage in front of 90 million people. Trump, ever the "gentleman" rushes to her side to offer aid and shows genuine concern for her, all the while shouting "Is there a doctor in the house, we need a doctor!!!". He is in control and shows leadership. What a great guy!

A few minutes later everything is fine and Hillary is helped to her feet. The rest of the debate is postponed until further notice.
    Needless to say this leaves an indelible impression on the millions tuned in. Trump is a boss, takes action and is decisive. Clinton is weak and sickly.

Trump ends up the hero of the day and gains the admiration of just enough people to get him to 51%.

The rest is history.

12. Fawlty Banned Banned

I think this nicely illustrates how far we are willing to push our hatred and our fear- that we would allow ourselves to come this close to a complete intellectual disaster. We're not much smarter than the people who allowed the monsters of the 20th century to bully their way into power.