1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Poll: will Donald Trump ever release his taxes or agree to a debate?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by OverCoronavirus Pressure, Aug 16, 2016.

1. OverCoronavirus Pressure Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit. Banned

5/7/89 Grateful Dead show, Frost amphitheatre
    "Will Hillary debate?"
    Seriously?
    I'm 100% sure she'd like to have one every day between now and Election Day.

2. m52nickerson EXTERMINATE!

Who are these very smart people making these claims? I'm not a Trump fan at all and this is the first I've heard of this and the claim is triggering my BS meter.

3. liljoe Brown Belt

4. mike sherry Banned Banned

Lol?

5. berimBOWLoh Silver Belt

thankfully you saved me by making this even non funnier comment to be ignored. you are nothing but class, thx!!

6. JadeOwl Brown Belt

I'm more inclined towards the theory that the whole thing is the plot of The Producers writ large.

He got into the primaries merely for a publicity and ego boost but expecting not to get the nomination. But then all his bullshit resonated with the ignorant and the racist in the Republican base and he found himself with a nomination he never actually wanted and has no idea what to do with.

But his ego is to big to back down now.

7. JadeOwl Brown Belt

I'm more inclined towards the theory that the whole thing is the plot of The Producers writ large.

He got into the primaries merely for a publicity and ego boost but expecting not to get the nomination. But then all his bullshit resonated with the ignorant and the racist in the Republican base and he found himself with a nomination he never actually wanted and has no idea what to do with.

But his ego is to big to back down now.

8. OverCoronavirus Pressure Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit. Banned

Serious as a heart attack.

9. liljoe Brown Belt

Yeah, there was some people around a while ago that thought Trump would love to debate her and that he would destroy her in a debate. Laughable.

She is not a great debater, but she is tough and does her homework. Trump just wings it. In a one on one he needs to speak in detail and be coherent.

I have a feeling he will fall flat on his face, but we'll see.....

10. cooks1 No matter where you go-there you are

You can get them if you want. Charities Tax returns must be publicly disclosed.

https://www.irs.gov/charities-non-p...ations-documents-subject-to-public-disclosure

Not only that. The Clinton Foundation makes public ALL their donors. Even though they are not required by law to do so.

https://www.clintonfoundation.org/about/frequently-asked-questions

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  11. OverCoronavirus Pressure Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit. Banned

This may be close to the truth.
    I'll have a very hard time forgiving the GOP for irresponsibly pushing this jackass candidate on the American people.
    They'll have to earn their way back into my heart.

12. panamaican Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

I'd buy that theory too.

Part of me just refuses to believe that he is intentionally running his campaign this way. Partially because just on his resume, I thought he'd be a decent candidate since I prefer candidates with real world accomplishments. Now, I'm trying to find some reason why my previous assumption seems so incredibly wrong.

13. TUFNewb Red Belt

You know the campaign is in trouble when trojan horse, scam, and symptom of narcissistic personality disorder are all plausible theories as to why the candidate decided to run lol

14. cooks1 No matter where you go-there you are

Epically Epic Epicness, my Good Sir.
    [​IMG]

15. cooks1 No matter where you go-there you are

My guess is that they are the same 'many people' that tell Trump every crackpot thing that comes out of his mouth

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/09/politics/donald-trump-conspiracy-many-people-are-saying/index.html

16. KILL KILL Gold Belt

Tax returns, definitely not.

He will debate though and I don't think it will not go well for him. People thought he did well in previous debates where he only had to speak for a minute and a half at a time and never had to go into detail about anything. In general election debates, he'll have to talk for much longer, with much more substance. It won't be pretty.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  17. InvestigatorIL Banned Banned

He will not release his tax returns due to obvious exaggerating his wealth and i have been saying now for weeks he will not make it to even one debate... If he did he would be absolutely crushed and would never come back

18. sloppypie Banned Banned

i'm a bit more concerned about the debates. his tactic isn't going to be knowledge based, it's going to be bully based. he'll try to throw insults, interrupt and talk over clinton at every opportunity. so a lot will depend on the moderators.

if moderators want the fights, they'll ask dumb questions of no substance like "donald called you crooked last week - any response?" in which case hillary has to actually bring the moderators to the fold herself. and if the moderators can't control trump, he'll just talk over his time, interrupt hillary and not let her get a word in.

doesn't matter that he won't say anything of substance. the american people don't want or care about substance, we're idiots. most americans can't find iraq on a map, i hardly doubt they care about the nuances of economic plans or foreign policy implications.

the only time substance matters is if they show a complete lack of understanding, which donald does but if he dodges the substance with enough insults and talking points in his seal training, he could potentially avoid having to talk about his knowledge base. what more does he need on foreign policy other than to say "ISIS was caused by obama and hillary, ISIS everybody" and just repeat that all the time. the moderators won't ask him about anything specific, or even demand specifics. and if they do demand specifics, he won't give them.

in a traditional debate with ethics and a focus on knowledge yea, trump would flounder. but this is 2016, moderators want WWE style bitch fights. they want this to look way more like the republican debates than the democratic ones, and that truthfully scares me.

19. sickc0d3r Silver Belt

The only thing the GE debate stage can do for him is abandon more voters in the female and minority demographics, and he knows it. There's just no meat left on the bone for him to chew off, unless maybe Hillary has a new major scandal between now and then.
    And his tax returns will probably reveal the one claim he has that might sort of qualify him for president is bogus.
    He's waiting for a miracle at this point.

20. Squarechoke Gold Belt

I can't imagine he'd even think about releasing his tax returns. He's so deep in made up self promotion around his wealth that it would be devastating for him in more than just the elections.

I have to believe that he'll debate though. Tapping out that easily must be one of the most humiliating things in politics, even more so than being destroyed in a debate, so I can't see anyone tucking their tail and run that badly. Whether he'll try to turn the debates into a farce is a different matter.