Poll: Who is The MMA Staredown GOAT?

Who is the MMA staredown GOAT?

• Total voters
tumblr_oaug7jcaQG1qd4esao1_500.gif

Alex be like:
giphy.gif

upload_2020-2-15_19-13-1.jpeg

Edit. lol as I was posting this I got "please post a valid message". No love for Hall.

That is some scary stuff right there.

Imagine staring at that, then you slam him on his head and he don't die. Randleman just froze up and short circuited. Sounds about right

The poll results went pretty much as I expected. More or less still the same as 10-15 years ago.

I never got this. He doesnt look intimidating, he looks like he has ADHD.
I think it's partly his entrance song by Darude : Sandstorm. That track is gonna hype anyone up.

Surprised the excerpt from that psychologist hasn't been posted yet:

"The best when it comes to the staredown is Fedor Emelianenko. Watch him: he does not make eye contact and his entire expression is extremely relaxed - you would think he is about to sit down for dinner or something.

"But here is the crucial thing. When the referee tells them to head back to their corners, Fedor suddenly darts a short look directly at his opponent - or through his opponent, I should say.

"This kind of look is associated with antisocial behavioural disorders and psychopaths. They don't look at you, they look through you. It's emotionless, it goes deeper than skin level.

"You will get a lot of fighters who will catch that look and suddenly realise they don't want to be there."

Lol what? So he looks at his opponent hes about to fight and somehow hes a psychopath? Makes no sense.

Jon Jones. He doesn't give a shit about you, most times he looks THROUGH you - as you can't give him any problems, like he is FAR ABOVE all this petty shit - and easily wins in the end, making you think like you never trained before, a complete newbie.

So, Jones by an abyss.

He lost his two last fights though so, no he doesn't easily win in the end.

Jon Jones. He doesn't give a shit about you, most times he looks THROUGH you - as you can't give him any problems, like he is FAR ABOVE all this petty shit - and easily wins in the end, making you think like you never trained before, a complete newbie.

So, Jones by an abyss.

What a shit post in general.

I voted for Fedor.

Brett Rogers had this to say about Fedor after they foguht ”He’s definitely a different fighter, I look into his eyes and I see nothing. I don’t see if he’s serious. I don’t see if he’s trying to be funny. I can’t sense anything from him. A lot of people say, ‘Don’t pay attention to his demeanor because it will psyche you out.’ It’s true. I feel that.”

Wanderlei Silva has a stare-down that makes you think 'this is gonna hurt, but Fedor's makes you think shit I'm going to die

So, Jones by an abyss.
I don't know whether to laugh at this or shake my head. Jon Jones doesn't look someone who strikes fear in his opponents at all.

Heath Herring, one of the only fighters I've seen who can have the opponent beat by the time the staredown is done.

I voted for Fedor.

Brett Rogers had this to say about Fedor after they foguht ”He’s definitely a different fighter, I look into his eyes and I see nothing. I don’t see if he’s serious. I don’t see if he’s trying to be funny. I can’t sense anything from him. A lot of people say, ‘Don’t pay attention to his demeanor because it will psyche you out.’ It’s true. I feel that.”

Wanderlei Silva has a stare-down that makes you think 'this is gonna hurt, but Fedor's makes you think shit I'm going to die

I don't know whether to laugh at this or shake my head. Jon Jones doesn't look someone who strikes fear in his opponents at all.

Exactly. Excellent analysis by Rogers.

Back