Poll: Who is The MMA Staredown GOAT?

Who is the MMA staredown GOAT?

• Total voters
tumblr_oaug7jcaQG1qd4esao1_500.gif
Aleks looks like they just woke him up and were like 'Hey, wanna fight this crazy dude on steroids'

'Yeah, hold my beer'

I think it has to be Wanderlei. He's the only one with a stare that's Iconic, and when I think of MMA stare downs I immediately think of him.

it's fedor and you all know it.

Sometimes that shark, he looks right into ya, right into your eyes. Y’know, the thing about a shark, he’s got lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll’s eyes. When he comes after ya, he doesn’t seem to be livin’ until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white, and then – aww, then you hear that terrible high-pitch screamin’, the ocean turns red, and in spite of all the poundin’ and the hollerin’, they all come in and rip ya to pieces…
<escalate99>

Jon Jones. He doesn't give a shit about you, most times he looks THROUGH you - as you can't give him any problems, like he is FAR ABOVE all this petty shit - and easily wins in the end, making you think like you never trained before, a complete newbie.

So, Jones by an abyss.
Lost the staredown to Rampage tho
SoreZestyBoilweevil-size_restricted.gif

He looks so embarrassed.

Last edited:
fave staredown Great? I guess... chael is good with how he does not participate and anderson silva too and their mutual staredown was noice when chael took a shoulder shot I was like wow let's go then

giphy.gif

"Watch me put Babalu in a coma real quick"
200.gif

For real though, its Cro Cop. I cant believe everybody is voting for Wandy, since Mirko obviously won their staredown

giphy.gif

"Watch me put Babalu in a coma real quick"
200.gif

For real though, its Cro Cop. I cant believe everybody is voting for Wandy, since Mirko obviously won their staredown
This gets my vote. You read exactly what his look said hahaha.

Sean O'Connel needs to be represented in the poll, or the poll ain't worth shit.
<bball1>

Voted Wanderlei, but a close second was Thiago Silva, he was an intimidating dude.

It's definitely Wand but in the staredown for his first fight with CroCop you could clearly see his thinking change from "fuck yeah, lets rumble" to "Oh fuck, this guy really wants to hurt me". Too bad CroCop didn't use that intensity for all his staredowns.

Surprised the excerpt from that psychologist hasn't been posted yet:

"The best when it comes to the staredown is Fedor Emelianenko. Watch him: he does not make eye contact and his entire expression is extremely relaxed - you would think he is about to sit down for dinner or something.

"But here is the crucial thing. When the referee tells them to head back to their corners, Fedor suddenly darts a short look directly at his opponent - or through his opponent, I should say.

"This kind of look is associated with antisocial behavioural disorders and psychopaths. They don't look at you, they look through you. It's emotionless, it goes deeper than skin level.

"You will get a lot of fighters who will catch that look and suddenly realise they don't want to be there."

Back