Poll: Who Is The Best Boxer in the UFC?

Who is the UFC's best boxer?

• Total voters
It's all good man.

I don't know who's bigger than Conor at featherweight to be honest though, especially out of the guys Conor has faced. He did amazing things at featherweight for sure, i'm not disputing that! Only saying that he had an advantage (in size and reach) that he would not have if he fought more at lightweight, where there are a couple of guys his size.
As for outboxing Max and finishing Poirier: they were 20 and 25 years old at the time, so it's fair to say the fights would go different if they'd face Conor now (not saying who would win, but Poirier and Holloway are certainly way improved fighters right now).
I'm not even doubting that he could beat some (or most?) top guys at lightweight, but we won't get the answer until he does so, i guess.
Kattar is bigger than mcgregor for example, zabit is at least as big as conor, poirier is the exact same size, holloway is prob big as him, ortega is big as him, yair probably even bigger than him ecc..
But as i said is subjective and everyone has his opinion, in my opinion his career at fw is effective and have to be considered, then if someone think that he is a lw and that fought only little guys well ok it's legit, but what about the guys even bigger than him that are in fw nowadays?
Is not an easy argument to debate.

1. Israel
2. Wonderboy

Lol at Masvidal being on the list but not Thompson

Half of this forum are fucking retarded so I’m not surprised votes are based on current popularity. Conor, Masvidal.... lul

Gastelum is overrated imo. He has a really quick and powerful left and it’s probably one of the best weapons in MMA, but he doesn’t have much else. He can slip before unleashing it and his lead hook is quite good when used in conjunction with his straight left. He doesn’t seem to have great footwork though and he doesn’t have a huge variety of techniques that he can use in different areas.

I didn’t think he even beat Jacare and most of their fight wasn’t on the feet.

He has pretty good boxing for MMA but I don’t think he can be considered the best.

Kattar is bigger than mcgregor for example, zabit is at least as big as conor, poirier is the exact same size, holloway is prob big as him, ortega is big as him, yair probably even bigger than him ecc..
But as i said is subjective and everyone has his opinion, in my opinion his career at fw is effective and have to be considered, then if someone think that he is a lw and that fought only little guys well ok it's legit, but what about the guys even bigger than him that are in fw nowadays?
Is not an easy argument to debate.
Kattar is taller, but has less reach, Brian Ortega is as tall as him, but has way less reach and is already chubby at featherweight (while Conor didn't look chubby at welterweight), Poirier is nearly the same size, i'd say he's slightly smaller and Holloway is taller than him, but has way less reach as well (the same reach as Ortega) and is generally thinner built than Conor.
Zabit has is taller, and has nearly the same reach as Conor, but is very thin as well, Yair Rodriguez is thinner built and has less reach than Conor as well, despite being slightly taller.

Not wanting to take anything away from Conor's accomplishments, but he hasn't fought Ortega, Zabit and Rodriguez and both Poirier and Holloway were super young back then.
Conor could be the best boxer in the UFC, but how can we tell if he has only only two wins against guys his size? (and who - if you're saying Poirier and Holloway are not smaller - were not as good as they are now back then).

1. Israel
2. Wonderboy

Half of this forum are fucking retarded so I’m not surprised votes are based on current popularity. Conor, Masvidal.... lul
I mean, Masvidal's boxing is very good, but i agree with you on the recency bias and i also agree with you that it's a joke that Thompson isn't on this list. One of the best strikers in the UFC has to be on a list that long, even if he's not your typical boxer-mma fighter.
I also agree with the skepticism towards Conor, since he has only two wins against guys his size.

Isn't Petr Yan supposed to be fucking amazing at boxing according to sherdog? I haven't seen him fight, but I constantly see him referenced as having wicked hands.

@SteveColdStone You're right about Gastelum. Pretty good hands, nice 1-2, but Till exposed his stand-up a bit.

1. Israel
2. Wonderboy

Yeah Wonderboy is a good one. Not a conventional boxer at all but has great straight punches and footwork. Fast hands too.

Isn't Petr Yan supposed to be fucking amazing at boxing according to sherdog? I haven't seen him fight, but I constantly see him referenced as having wicked hands.

@SteveColdStone You're right about Gastelum. Pretty good hands, nice 1-2, but Till exposed his stand-up a bit.
Yan is very good. Has nice technique and good pressure. Can throw anything well.

Yeah Wonderboy is a good one. Not a conventional boxer at all but has great straight punches and footwork. Fast hands too.
@SirKratos
Shit, I can't believe I forgot about Wonderboy, even though made Masvidal look like a backyard boxer.

He was absolutely lighting Luques up with straight rights, and I think he even dropped him with a weak-handed straight off a stance-switch. Most excited I've been in a while watching MMA.

Edit : Shouldn't one of these two be in the mix somewhere along with Nunes?
166.jpg

Last edited:
It's evident you guys can't tell the difference between boxing, thai boxing, American Kickboxing & Karate. LOL

Offensively, I would say Dos Santos (before he started doing those silly stance switches)...

Very accurate and intelligent punch selection (he had a very good jab to the body)

Knew when to throw punches with power and when to throw punches with speed...

Defensively he was always ass though...

His entire defense consists of backing up...

Offensively, I would say Dos Santos (before he started doing those silly stance switches)...

Very accurate and intelligent punch selection (he had a very good jab to the body)

Knew when to throw punches with power and when to throw punches with speed...

Defensively he was always ass though...

His entire defense consists of backing up...
Thought about putting him up myself. He has some damn good feats in MMA (Cain, Werdum, Hunto), and if he managed to beat Overeem, everybody would be posting him instead of Cody or Masvidal.

I gave my vote to McGregor, but Kelvin also developed some nasty hands over his MMA career.

I disagree. Now Israel dominated him in this fight, knocking him down several times, but the fact that Gastelum was able to hurt Adesanya so bad really tells me a lot, and there's actually a quite interesting analysis from Luke Thomas where he looks at the striking that was displayed in this fight from both sides:

other than that, Gastelum's five losses have come by submission (1), split decision (3, although the one against Darren Till was a UD in my opinion) and unanimous decision (1, against Adesanya of course).
Against Till he had a bit of an off night in my opinion and against Adesanya it was close for a long time, with the better striker winning in the end. (Not just a better striker, but most likely the best striker in MMA currently).

The only thing holding Gastelum back is in my opinion is inconsistency and/or the fact that he doesn't want to lose weight to fight at welterweight.
Kelvin absolutely has the frame to fight at welterweight, if he could lose weight and make sure to not cut too much weight for welterweight, he'd tear a lot of those guys new a**holes in that division.

TLDR
jHqREsNEXQcV1ddb6

Back